[DE] General Dracula Everlasting chat & questions (SPOILERS)

The Dracula mythos reborn! When Nicholas Harker learns he is the sole heir to a vast estate from a mysterious ancestor he never knew he had, his life will never be average again. (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

[DE] General Dracula Everlasting chat & questions (SPOILERS)

Post by Ravenhull »

(might want to get a sticky here)

I saw and picked up a print copy of DE this weekend. The only real dissapointment is that now I got to wait a year or so till Vol 2 hits the shelves.

I usually don't go for Shoujo manga, but this was well balanced with more just a romance story or other shoujo stereotypes. I was mildly surprised that you did take some dark turns in the story, and enjoyed in that it gave some tension to it.

I hope it continues to be of the same quality.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Christina Weir

Re: [DE] General Dracula Everlasting chat & questions (SPOIL

Post by Christina Weir »

Glad you enjoyed it!

We've already seen some pencils from Volume 2 and it's looking great!

Nunzio DeFilippis

Post by Nunzio DeFilippis »

Ravenhull wrote:I was mildly surprised that you did take some dark turns in the story, and enjoyed in that it gave some tension to it.
Well, we never promised it'd be shoujo... it's Dracula, after all, not Twilight!

We definitely wanted to play up the romance and capture some of what appeals about the dark and broody type. And we always write from a character-first place, which skews slightly more shoujo than shonen (which tends to be plot or action first). But this was always meant to be as much horror as romance.

The Prince of Darkness ain't no Edward Cullen...

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

The name doesn't ring a bell. Should I be glad or unhappy that it doesn't?
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Edward Cullen? Sparkly pretty boy from Twight.

And remember... Vampires do sparkle... For about .002 seconds before the burst into flame.

Of course, I make that joke despite Dracula being able to move around in sunlight in the original novel. I assume he will be similar here.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Ravenhull wrote:Edward Cullen? Sparkly pretty boy from Twight.

And remember... Vampires do sparkle... For about .002 seconds before the burst into flame.
I always like this post that explains that the reason the vampires in Twilight sparkle is because they are actually insects...
http://scienceinmyfiction.com/2010/07/2 ... -sparkles/

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

Like those roaches from Mimic?

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

The roaches in Joe's Apartment were much cooler. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

jonwii
BANNED

Post by jonwii »

I bought a dracula everlasting vol.01 at barnes & nobles on sunday night.

I hope Universal Picture is rebooting Dracula movie with a new movie is a same name of the webmanga call Dracula: Everlasting.

drev64

Post by drev64 »

Hello everyone.

I'm new to the forum. So I wonder what would happen if Nicholas broke the pocket watch at least I think that it was a pocket watch that held dracula's spirit?

Cheers drev64

Christina Weir

Post by Christina Weir »

drev64 wrote:Hello everyone.

I'm new to the forum. So I wonder what would happen if Nicholas broke the pocket watch at least I think that it was a pocket watch that held dracula's spirit?

Cheers drev64
It's a locket, not a pocket watch. But a very interesting question you ask...

hunterstella

Post by hunterstella »

It's amazing how they sparkle on movies. I remember the second movie of the Blade trilogy, when Nyssa died. The memory is still vivid.
Ravenhull wrote:Edward Cullen? Sparkly pretty boy from Twight.

Of course, I make that joke despite Dracula being able to move around in sunlight in the original novel. I assume he will be similar here.

AdamYJ

Post by AdamYJ »

It seems we're seeing some descendants of Renfield in the series now, which got me to thinking. We've got the Renfields, and other Dracula-related works always seem to have Van Helsings and Harkers popping up. However, there are a number of characters from the original novel that don't get much of a nod. So, any chance we might see some of clans Seward, Holmwood or Morris appearing? It seems that Quincey Morris should actually get more play in some form, if anyone. Seeing as he's the one that actually killed Dracula in the novel. (~~)

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Hmmm, that would be interesting to see! ^^

Reaver

Post by Reaver »

Okay, hands up I have to admit I was somewhat hesitant to picking up a Shojo manga. However every time I went into my local comic book store, there it was tempting me. I always been a fan of vampire stories (resisting urge to rant about Twilight) so naturally Dracula Everlasting kept catching my eye. The problem?
I’m a guy!

However after putting it off for several months I finally purchased a copy. And I must say that I actually really enjoyed the story. It offered me a darker tale than I expected and even amassed a noteworthy body count. Like I said I’m a guy, so I’m unfamiliar with the softer more feminine featured men in the book, however once I acclimatized to the art style I found it to be a fantastic read. I even (slightly to my own embarrassment) found the budding romance between the characters to be quite touching.

Overall it was a very welcomed surprise and addition to my library. The only problem, why in the hell do I have to wait to October 2012 for the next instalment?

Possibility of bring it forward?

Thanks for reading.