Vampire Cheerleaders Talk

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

RJFrazer

Re: [VAMPIRE CHEERLEADERS] "FANG SERVICE"

Post by RJFrazer »

"Don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out!"

Y'know, if any of the spurned girls can achieve the contortionist feat necessary to make that physically possible, then they're true gymnastic prodigies - the vampires should drop Heather and sign them up on the spot! :dizzy2:

I'd have thought that the traditional 'ass' would be a bigger insult anyway, because thast's one thing girls are always neurotic about - "I hope my bum doesn't look big wearing this".

RJFrazer

Post by RJFrazer »

Yow! Considering that becoming a vampire involves a process that's tantamount to gang-rape and results in the corruption and damnation of your soul, an inability to go outside unless you're reeking of Factor 100 sunblock, feeling freezingly cold-blooded even at the height of summer (would you really want to spend the beach episode shivering under a blanket?), no garlic bread with your pizza, and the local chapter of Hunters declaring open season on ramming a fencepost through your torso - not to mention that the lack of mirrors will make putting on makeup an absolute bitch - Heather's taking her change in circumstances extremely well...!

quarteni

Post by quarteni »

laughingvulcan wrote:Thank you for NOT making Lori the stereotype of a 'dumb blonde'.
Adam Arnold wrote:What can I say... I love having strong female leads!
And that's exactly what I like about these characters! X3

Heehee. I like Leonard's choice of attire. Reminds me of some of the shirts I own... :sweat:

I've been meaning to ask, in Aoi House some of the characters' names were derived from other people/character's names. Is that the same with the character's here?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

quarteni wrote:I've been meaning to ask, in Aoi House some of the characters' names were derived from other people/character's names. Is that the same with the character's here?
Yep! Very much so...

VAMPIRE CHEERLEADERS

Lori Thurston
Thurston = from the show Gilligan's Island, but chosen because of the sound of the name

Heather Hartley
Hartley = named after actor Justin Hartley (Green Arrow on Smallville)

Lesley Chandra
Chandra = "a school girl investigator across the road"

Leonard Duvall
Leonard = it's a very geeky sounding name that can be said in a patronizing way
Duvall = a famous actor's last name

Zoe Weller
Zoe = Zoe Saldana
Weller = picked because it was one letter away from Waller (as in Amanda Waller)

Suki Taft
Suki = say this name a little different and you end up with the name of a certain famous waitress
Taft = no real reason. Just went well with the name.

PARANORMAL MYSTERY SQUAD

Stephanie Kane
Stephanie = Stephanie Brown (The Spoiler / Robin IV / current Batgirl)
Kane = Bob Kane (the creator of Batman)

Katherine "Katie" Kane
Katherine = Katherine "Kate" Kane (Batwoman)

Charlotte Roth
Charlotte = Charlotte "Charlie" Gage-Radcliffe (Batgirl / Misfit)
Roth = Rachel Roth (Raven)

Babs the Bat
Babs = nickname for Barbara Gordon (Batgirl / Oracle)
Bat = obvious reasons

J.C. Summerfield
J.C. = just because it sounds cool
Summerfield = traveled with the 7th and 8th and has had countless adventures of her own.

Marcy O'Keeffe
Marcy = It's one letter away from "Mercy" as in Mercedes "Mercy" Graves (Lex Luthor's bodyguard)
O'Keeffe = just google the name and you have a good idea why I picked it.

Sheldon M. Kane
Sheldon M. = Sheldon Moldoff (co-creator of Batwoman/Bat-Girl/Poison Ivy)

Mary E. Kane
Mary E. = Mary Elizabeth "Bette" Kane (Bat-Girl, Flamebird)

Samuel Campbell
Samuel = Samuel Marshall "Sam" Raimi
Campbell = if the previous one was Sam Raimi, this has to be...?

Bakertown High School
The "Baker" part could refer to either of these two famous time traveling actors.

300 Anderson St.
Anderson = you might remember her from a little show with an X in the title.

quarteni

Post by quarteni »

Thanks for the insight! ( ^ _ ^ )

Now I'm going to Wikipedia/Google some of these seeing as how I don't know a few of them off hand... (;; = v =)
Image Image Image Image

vanityisdead

Post by vanityisdead »

did you take the name of the town lawndale from daria, or is it just an awesome coincidence.
because i guess its just a common fake name but i wonder.
Death becomes her.
this movie is campy and full of win.

Mad' Ern' Hell'
Meryl Streep , Bruce Willis and Goldie Hawn

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

vanityisdead wrote:did you take the name of the town lawndale from daria, or is it just an awesome coincidence.
because i guess its just a common fake name but i wonder.
Yes, I first used Lawndale in Aoi House (it's where Uri House was) and it was indeed done as an homage to Daria. My Lawndale isn't located in California, though, but rather Colorado.

vanityisdead

Post by vanityisdead »

close enough. colorado has the words "color"(well , not in canada but WE) and "rad" in it , so its ok.
and apparently , the show never stated where lawndale was but the co creator described it as "a mid-Atlantic suburb, outside somewhere like Baltimore. They could have lived in Pennsylvania near the Main Line, though." (thank you wikipedia )
Death becomes her.
this movie is campy and full of win.

Mad' Ern' Hell'
Meryl Streep , Bruce Willis and Goldie Hawn

laughingvulcanX2

Post by laughingvulcanX2 »

Adam,

Are the girls (excepting Suki) supposed to be killers?

If they drink from the carotid artery, wouldn't it be a GIVEN that thier meal for the night would die of blood loss no matter HOW much they took...(Y'know, blood squirting everywhere when they pull out?)

Doesn't Zoe mean the jugular vein? Lot less blood pressure...Lot less chance of a meal's death?

Oh, and Heather is scaring me...she's seemingly gone TOTALLY evil... :sweat: :sweat:

MY best to you all...including the beleaguered Shiei...
(Does she get a chance to sleep?) :D

Greg

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

laughingvulcan wrote:Adam,

Are the girls (excepting Suki) supposed to be killers?

If they drink from the carotid artery, wouldn't it be a GIVEN that thier meal for the night would die of blood loss no matter HOW much they took...(Y'know, blood squirting everywhere when they pull out?)

Doesn't Zoe mean the jugular vein? Lot less blood pressure...Lot less chance of a meal's death?
In vampire fiction, the carotid artery is the most common neck-based drinking point as it allows for faster blood flow (and a lot less sucking). As for if you'd die or not, maybe there's some type of coagulant in a vampire's saliva... who knows.

Here's a list of common vampire veins, though...
http://www.vampires.com/so-many-veins-to-choose-from/

MY best to you all...including the beleaguered Shiei...
(Does she get a chance to sleep?) :D
Right now Shiei's working nonstop on Amazing Agent Luna 7, so probably not! @_@

laughingvulcanX2

Post by laughingvulcanX2 »

Adam Arnold wrote:In vampire fiction, the carotid artery is the most common neck-based drinking point as it allows for faster blood flow (and a lot less sucking). As for if you'd die or not, maybe there's some type of coagulant in a vampire's saliva... who knows.
Okay, THAT I didn't know (or think of as regards the Vamp's saliva.)
I always thought, They bite an artery...and GOOOSH! You bleed big for a while and die horribly. Didn't realize biting a vein in the neck could kill you, either...
Adam Arnold wrote: Right now Shiei's working nonstop on Amazing Agent Luna 7, so probably not! @_@
Don't let the poor girl get burned out, y'HEAR?! :sweat:
Seriously, Adam, she's got a wonderful manga style...I just hope she doesn't try to do too much...

(She's a workaholic, isn't she?
Her family's gonna forget what she looks like...! :) )

Greg

Taxil Necrobane

Post by Taxil Necrobane »

first of all, Long time reader, first time poster in here.

Mr. Adam Arnold, i will say "Vampire cheerleaders" has top grade art and a great artist drawing it every week. But, as a long time follower of this website, i am disappointed in the story and character change in heather. she was just converted against her will, super cheerful now she's a monster she didn't believe existed 24 hours ago, and now she is attacking her own parents for no reason.

Why? i had not seen any forshadowing that would promote this 180 change in her personality. was heather abused when she was younger? now she's going to reveal her now undead state to her parents, she will either have to mind crush them into mental slavery/ kill them/ or they move out of their home in fear of the monster that was once their daughter. that is not a cheerful or fanservicy thing to read.

none of the main female casts seen so far are on the "good side" or sympathic to me. I am sorry if my 2 cents rubs anyone wrong but i am not exactly happy with where this comic might go right now.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Taxil, I wouldn't read too much into things. Heather has lived a sheltered life thanks to her overbearing mom. So, becoming a vampire has simply allowed her repressed side to come to the forefront... which is going to cause some major problems soon. It's all just pure camp.

chaotik74X2

Post by chaotik74X2 »

I don't think Taxil is reading too much into things. camp, by definition, is supposed to be for comedic effect. So far, there hasn't exactly been anything FUNNY to Heather's behavior. She's acting like a monster, after an act that was essentailly rape, and that's both unsettling and tragic..not exactly a source for laughter.

never mind that sooner or later she's going to figure out that being stuck at what...14? 15? FOREVER is not exactly a blast. good luck getting treated as an adult.

Taxil Necrobane

Post by Taxil Necrobane »

Mr. Adam Arnold, chaotik74 is correct. The look on the pack of vamps faces as they enter the house and the door closing like a coffin lid seals it. This isn't a comedy strip, nor is it fan service. this is "light" horror Mr Adam Arnold. How Heather was treated by her parents as a human =/= how she is acting as a undead monster to her parents. she probably broke or fractured a bone or two with that throw.

Mr. Adam Arnold, i wish to request that you would relabel this comic as "light horror" (as apposed to Arkham woods as "heavy horror") and i'll be fine. i just dislike being baited and switched in what i am reading. that is all.