Vampire Cheerleaders Talk

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

laughingvulcanX2

Re: [VAMPIRE CHEERLEADERS] "FANG SERVICE"

Post by laughingvulcanX2 »

Taxil Necrobane wrote:first of all, Long time reader, first time poster in here.

Mr. Adam Arnold, i will say "Vampire cheerleaders" has top grade art and a great artist drawing it every week. But, as a long time follower of this website, i am disappointed in the story and character change in heather. she was just converted against her will, super cheerful now she's a monster she didn't believe existed 24 hours ago, and now she is attacking her own parents for no reason.

Why? i had not seen any forshadowing that would promote this 180 change in her personality. was heather abused when she was younger? now she's going to reveal her now undead state to her parents, she will either have to mind crush them into mental slavery/ kill them/ or they move out of their home in fear of the monster that was once their daughter. that is not a cheerful or fanservicy thing to read.

none of the main female casts seen so far are on the "good side" or sympathic to me. I am sorry if my 2 cents rubs anyone wrong but i am not exactly happy with where this comic might go right now.
I would agree thus far about the RADICAL personality shift, however there is the rest of the series, and a LONG character arc to go. It IS possible that Heather is currently reacting in a form of shock/acting out ATM, and, as she adjusts (and her BIG mess-ups to come), she'll eventually come out of the shock and start to realize, "My God...what have I done?!"

Possibly her getting Leonard hurt/captured/half-drained by Candice would DO it. (Again, it remains to be seen how Leonard's role factors into this series.)

HOPEFULLY, the girls will become somewhat more sympathetic and less monstrous (to some degree) as time goes on. Leslie seems to be the most balanced/even tempered of the group currently, so maybe her compassion for the 'meat' (i.e. Leonard) will help offset their collective ruthlessness now... :dizzy2: :sweat: :sweat:

Greg
Last edited by Kennethexick on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ashandorath

Post by Ashandorath »

Vampire Cheerleaders a "light horror" book and not a commedy?

Guess I've spent too much time on the internet and the lucifer effect as set in ><

Taxil Necrobane

Post by Taxil Necrobane »

Yep, as I thought so, Heather is going to become a self made orphan when she eats her own parents. this is the last chance to save what soul she has if she can fight off the urge to eat her own folks and keep the other monsters in her (former) home from making snacks out of them.

i have yet to see any real comedy in this strip yet.

quarteni

Post by quarteni »

Wow. Kinda neat how people are thinking about Heather's personality switch.

If I stopped to think about it, in my opinion it seems like Heather is just overly positive about becoming a Vampire. I mean, if my life were overly sheltered I think I'd be pretty perky about becoming a Vampire. There are no apparent drawbacks (so far) to being one— so why distress over it?

Another way to look at Heather's personality change could be when she is transformed into a vampire she's transformed into a different person. Her core personality aspects remain the same (cheerful and what not), but she's a different person and by being a different person she isn't bound to her previous characteristics. She's not afraid to act in instinct rather than being conservative.

Also, about killing off her parents, my thought is as long as she doesn't drain them completely she won't kill them. 40% or less of their total blood volume and they'll live. Besides, studies show that by snacking on small meals throughout the day actually helps you maintain a healthy weight and metabolism. :thumbup: :happyhappy:

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. :catgirl:

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Vampire Cheerleaders Talk

Post by Ravenhull »

Figured that since they share the same universe, and there are some VC fans here, that I would start a general thread for it here, though without starting a new topic for each comic, at least not yet.

For the official forum for Vampire Cheerleaders, head on over to the GoManga forums: http://gomanga.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=72

ETA: Oh, and so you don't have to digging, here is the URL for the actual comic: Vampire Cheerleaders
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Re: Vampire Cheerleaders talk

Post by BlairFan »

Thank you Ravenhull. I just love those cheerleaders. :-)

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Yep! This is the first of two PMS character cameos in the first Vampire Cheerleaders story.

(Random timeline note... Vampire Cheerleaders "Fang Service" (story 1) takes place in early October. Paranormal Mystery Squad's first story takes place in late October.)

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

Will these cameos happen the other way around with VC characters appearing in PMS?
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

MonCappy wrote:Will these cameos happen the other way around with VC characters appearing in PMS?
Yep, that they will!

Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Vampire Cheeleaders is a good webcomic.I wanna say my oppinion about it.
Things that please me :happyhappy:
- Good looking characters
- Changes that were made to do the vampiress no-life easier e.g:walk under the sunshine with sunblock protection. :thumbup:
- Coven members that don´t kill.
- Blond babes that aren´t dumbs.
Things that dislike me :saaad:
- Poor Fan Service:In one issue only of the manga Negima is possible see more and better fan-service that in all Vampire Cheerlears pages that were made until now. :R
- Poor Fang Service:Only four bites in 67 pages!Oh,my!And two never should had happen.Of course,I´m talking of the Heather´s bites on her own parents. :thumbdown:
- Low Sex-Appeal:Only one of the cheerleaders(Lesley)is busty.The others not. :thumbdown:
- Little Detail That Can have Critical Consequences:The Heather´s bites on her parents still visible after of the bite.If I were you,I´d imagine a way to do the scars vanish few seconds later.Maybe,after a vampiress lick on the bite place.
- Detail That No Make Any Sense:To "elucidate" the Candice disappearance,is mentioned that rumors(Spread by vamp cheerleaders,I presume)said she got pregnant and because this,her parents sent her to a monastery.This is a joke,right?On the XIX century,or so on the early XX century,something this kind would can happen.But now 2011,after all behaviour changes,contraceptives,abort and more,only someone so nitwit as Homer Simpson would believe in something so nonsense! :R

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

Ricky wrote:Things that dislike me
- Poor Fan Service:In one issue only of the manga Negima is possible see more and better fan-service that in all Vampire Cheerlears pages that were made until now. :R
- Low Sex-Appeal:Only one of the cheerleaders(Lesley)is busty.The others not. :thumbdown:
How old are you?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Ricky wrote: - Poor Fan Service:In one issue only of the manga Negima is possible see more and better fan-service that in all Vampire Cheerlears pages that were made until now. :R
Vampire Cheerleaders was written to tell a complete story in 95 pages. For this reason, it's based more around a 3-act, teen sex comedy movie type of plotting. Plus, my personal brand of comedy (established first in Aoi House), has always been more in using equal amounts of sexy bits and fan-centric in-jokes/references.

- Poor Fang Service:Only four bites in 67 pages!Oh,my!And two never should had happen.Of course,I´m talking of the Heather´s bites on her own parents. :thumbdown:
That number is about to go through the roof. Up to now, the story has been about establishing the world and the characters.

Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Adam Arnold said:
Vampire Cheerlears was written to tell a complete stoty in 95 pages.
Thanks by information,dude! :happyhappy:
Lord Styphon ask to me:
How old are you?
I have more that the age of consentement,dude! :thumbup: I wanna say also that I´m fan of babes like Panda(Body Bags),Power Girl,The Ikkitousen Battle Vixens and Sekirei babes,among others. :luv:

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

I have more that the age of consentement,dude!
So you're at least 14. That actually fits in perfectly with the maturity demonstrated when 40% of the things you complain about are "not enough boobies".