Vampire Cheerleaders Talk

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

pinkfeathers

Re: Vampire Cheerleaders Talk

Post by pinkfeathers »

Tython wrote:The way you describe Lori is a little to flowery and how to say rose colored for her character when compared to how you describe Steph in a more brutal honesty about her character in your Limericks
There's no reasoning with him lol. It's best for your own sanity to ignore him.

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

Indeed. Just imagine, to get a habit of (gasp) thinking before writing. How horrible is that?
Tython wrote:The way you describe Lori is a little to flowery and how to say rose colored for her character when compared to how you describe Steph in a more brutal honesty about her character in your Limericks
Alas, my unworthy verses had Lori rose-colored by addressing her complete failure (to implement her otherwise admirable intentions at a level above the lowest common denominator), while brutally demonstrated Stephanie's only redeeming qualities (aestheticism and refusal to hobble herself with pointless limitations), respectively.
As expected (see the popcorn smiley?), it's entertaining to accept the truly objective critique from an observer so devoid of any bias, sir. :)
Gowachin Law made a special distinction between prejudgment and bias. [...]
The interpretation of bias was: "If I can rule for a particular side I will do so."
For prejudgment: "No matter what happens in the arena I will rule for a particular side."

Back on topic, though -
TBeholder wrote:
Thor wrote: but the problem is that everyone who was involved on either side was a moron. I think this story is supposed to be a comedy, but all I'm seeing is senseless tragedy.
Why not tragicomedy? Or dramedy?
I wish to propose a more precise definition: VC/PMS is a horror story (*) put into horror setting for enhanced black comedy effect. How about that?

(*) Kafka style, because Lovecraft style stories inevitably lean more to either grotesque or slapstick, if the reader happens to understand basic math and/or be inclined to laugh, rather than faint, at lines like "they have gills! Gills!".
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

*-:) Wild guess (based on almost nothing other than my sense of "darkly humorous" and Leo mucking around for not-yet-known purpose):
So far we have seen Stephanie going from a nice and funny girl to a mad butcher to a common slaver thinking and feeling with her purse... whom her old acquaintances still mostly see as a cute little girl.
Leonard will walk the same road - in the opposite direction. And at the end of it people will treat him as something like a guy who tried to kill his childhood friend after she did trust him more than her friends and the only real family she knew.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Here's Katie Kane's new look for book 4:
http://the-bluephoenix.deviantart.com/a ... -383623595

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

Wolfie Katie is always fun... and always looks a little like she's freaked out by the whole situation. :)

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Two down, one to go.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Twiss wrote:Hello first post in the VC/PMS/AOI thread.

I followed VC since strip one and I liked this comic.
Then the PMS mashup happened so I had to read some of PMS to keep understanding the storyline, haven't read the whole story as for now.
But now with the AOI house mashup I'm now more and more lost and the storyline is so broken it's very difficult for a new reader to catch up with this story.

Especially I think that the VC/PMS arc wasn't close well and, while it's good to sometimes have a cliffhanger, putting a whole new flashback mashup PMS/AOI arc in the middle of a huge VC/PMS season wide unfinished plot is a bit to much for me I guess.

Hope you know were you are going because this whole "I never close my story" thing is getting a little bit boring for the readers IMHO.
Each of the "story arcs" of Vampire Cheerleaders are written as being self-contained with a beginning, middle, and end. When we start Vampire Cheerleaders' 4th story arc next month, the first page is going to springboard us into a fresh new storyline.

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

All coincidences are coincidental. Sorry. Can't stop snickering. =))

Nightgazer Starlight

Post by Nightgazer Starlight »

Does anyone know if Heather has ever killed anyone?

I remember shortly after being turned she said "So. Ooo. When do we get to kill someone?" or something like that, don't remember exact quote.

She seemed rather eager to do it, so I was wondering if she could have snuck off and done it to someone like a homeless girl or someone else who wouldn't be missed without Lori finding out about it?
---

Signature

My fanfics can be found right here.

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Nightgazer Starlight, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Nightgazer Starlight wrote:Does anyone know if Heather has ever killed anyone?

I remember shortly after being turned she said "So. Ooo. When do we get to kill someone?" or something like that, don't remember exact quote.

She seemed rather eager to do it, so I was wondering if she could have snuck off and done it to someone like a homeless girl or someone else who wouldn't be missed without Lori finding out about it?
Heather hasn't killed anyone, she was trained correctly not to.

Nightgazer Starlight

Post by Nightgazer Starlight »

Adam Arnold wrote:

Heather hasn't killed anyone, she was trained correctly not to.
Ah, too bad.

It would have made her more attractive/desirable/sexy if she had then.^_^

Maybe I'll write a fanfic where she did kill.
---

Signature

My fanfics can be found right here.

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Nightgazer Starlight, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Nightgazer Starlight wrote:Ah, too bad.

It would have made her more attractive/desirable/sexy if she had then.^_^

Maybe I'll write a fanfic where she did kill.
:-s
<edges away to a more secure area of the boards...>
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

She seemed rather eager to do it, so I was wondering if she could have snuck off and
It struck me as more of a conformist reflex i.e. still mostly "the quiet church girl" adapting to new circumstances. Very little in common with an ambitious and self-conscious vampire she became later after some wake-up calls, getting infected by Lori's vision rather than just the stuff transferred via saliva and thinking it all over. Because basically, it was like
Heather: I was made cool and immortal? Wheeee! So... what now? We are supposed to be e-e-e-evil? Okay, let's eat messily and spill the trash cans.
Lori: Don't be silly. Eat accurately.
Heather: What, we aren't? Okay, let's not.

:))

thrythlind

Post by thrythlind »

There are some things I want to see touched on:

Katie's enthralled parents...how'd that get dealt with...

also...is vampirism (at least that variety thereof) now considered an acceptable lifestyle and that girls in their mid-teens are considered capable of making that decision for themselves? Because, wow, hadn't noticed until the melontastrophe that all the former B-team are now vampires.

I can just imagine that talk with their parents: "I want to join the varsity cheerleaders." "Aren't all the varsity cheerleaders vampires?" "Yes, but I'm sure you won't mind..."

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

Katie's parents are dead. Which is exactly why Steph had nothing better to do than tormenting her sister and sledding down the slippery slope to her heart's content. Of course, now that Steph is out in some presumably permanent fashion, it's a good question who gets to be Katie's new custodian(s). Would be kind of amusing if that turned out to be Summerfield.

As to those cheerleaders' parents... this reminds me how Alistair from Gunnerkrigg Court "agreed" to his transformation. :) For all we know, Lori may be a "local hero" now, at least for a while. And if not, it's not like they couldn't pull a fast one:
- Hey, mom, they invited me to join the Vampire Cheerleaders, you're okay with that?
- Vampire?.. :-\
- Well, our team is called "Bats"! We got the new mascot, you heard of that?
- Oh, right. #:-s Those teens... 8-|