VC/PMS/AOI Q&A - Ask your story & art questions here!

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Re: PMS Artist's Corner

Post by Ravenhull »

Do you have a DeviantArt or other artist's page we could visit to see some of your other art?
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Ian Cang

Post by Ian Cang »

Ravenhull wrote:Do you have a DeviantArt or other artist's page we could visit to see some of your other art?
Yep. Here's my DeviantArt page http://kougen.deviantart.com. It's a bit outdated as I haven't had much time to upload newer works but I should be able to once I've finished up PMS. :)

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Ah, thank you very much.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Re: PMS Q&A - Ask your story questions here!

Post by Tenjen »

What material are those black skin tight tights made off under katies' short shorts?
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I'm leaning towards lycra bike shorts, myself.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Yeah, they're like bike shorts. (Supergirl wears bike shorts under her skirt right now as well.)

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

It's military grade armor to protect her vital organs. It actually goes up under the shirt to cover everything between chest and thigh (ends in spaghetti straps for fashionable reasons). :p
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Erm, I was thinking, what is the deal with Katherine's sideburns?
The iceman cometh

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Iceman wrote:Erm, I was thinking, what is the deal with Katherine's sideburns?
They're bits of hair styled to turn in to her face. It was part of her look going back to her original cameo at the end of Aoi House.

Katie's first appearance was in the final pages of Aoi House In Love! Vol. 2 (drawn by Shiei) where Katie shows up for a quick non-speaking cameo as part of an "Aoi House 2" cast spread. Here's just Katie as showing the entire spread would be a massive spoiler if you ever wanted to read Aoi House:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

Katie's original Aoi House cameo look was based on two characters from a Japan-only Konami dating sim called Tokimeki Memorial 2. Those would be the character's of Homura Akai (the long hair) and Akane Ichimonji (the side bits).

You can see head shots of the entire cast of Tokimeki Memorial 2 here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/C ... iMemorial2
And here are the openings for two of the video games:
Tokimeki Memorial 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPMLJSJ84Tc
Tokimeki Memorial 2: Dancing Summer Vacation - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUUxFNdLjcI
[Random aside... Dancing Summer Vacation is really unique, btw. It's a dating sim about Dance Dance Revolution...with an actual DDR game included with it featuring Tokimeki Memorial music you can dance to!!]

Anyway...
Shiei later tweaked the design when we started working on PMS, which became her final look...
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 367&type=1

Comipa's final design for Katie in PMS book 1:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 367&type=1

Ian Cang

Post by Ian Cang »

Hahaha! I had forgotten about the design evolution for the PMS characters... I hope people don't really mind the flared in sideburns 'coz they seem to get bigger with each artists' rendition - and I've apparently made them bigger than ever. lol! :))

Personally I like the burns. It's one of those design elements that uniquely defines and sets Katie apart from other characters. :p

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

A quick question regarding one of the VC/PMS cameos. As that this doesn't occur for several weeks for the online eidtion, I will 'white it out' as spoilers:

[mild spoiler]On the second-to-last page of PMS, Steph & Co are going down the school hallway on the way get Katie, they pass Lori who seems to distracted by them. Does Lori recognize Steph (or J.C.) either direction or indirectly via looking like her folks? And if so, does she know what Steph does for a living?

On a less spoilerific note, as that Katie goes to school with the Vampire Cheerleaders, is it safe to assume that they may know each other's names, but aren't friends in any sense, running in different circles? Especially given that Katie is a freshman and the VC girls are seniors (save for Junior class Heather).

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Ravenhull wrote:A quick question regarding one of the VC/PMS cameos. As that this doesn't occur for several weeks for the online eidtion, I will 'white it out' as spoilers:

[mild spoiler]On the second-to-last page of PMS, Steph & Co are going down the school hallway on the way get Katie, they pass Lori who seems to distracted by them. Does Lori recognize Steph (or J.C.) either direction or indirectly via looking like her folks? And if so, does she know what Steph does for a living?

[SPOILERS]
For a vampire like Lori, who likes to keep her vampire exploits far under the radar, suddenly having a group of (crazy) monster hunters walking RIGHT past you in the hall...well, she'd be sweating bullets.

Given Lori's age, though, it is totally possible that she might've went to school with Stephanie and Katie's parents...

There's also another aspect to this, though. Why is J.C. looking at Lori...? What could that be about? Dunno.

[SPOILERS]

On a less spoilerific note, as that Katie goes to school with the Vampire Cheerleaders, is it safe to assume that they may know each other's names, but aren't friends in any sense, running in different circles? Especially given that Katie is a freshman and the VC girls are seniors (save for Junior class Heather).

As Lori and her Vampire Cheerleaders are the stars of the school, Katie is sure to know their names, but you're exactly right. Since they are in different grades and run in different circles, they don't have much reason at all to interact with each other at school.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Thanks. :-bd

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Aoi House, Paranormal Mystery Squad, and Vampire Cheerleaders all seem to be part of the same 'Verse. Is Amazing Agent Luna part of this same 'Verse and will she be popping up cameo wise at any point?
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

It's an interesting evolution of Katie's design. You wouldn't happen to have a similar evolution for Stephanie, would you? Has Charlotte been featured in cameos in other comics?
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com