VC/PMS/AOI Q&A - Ask your story & art questions here!

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Re: PMS Q&A - Ask your story questions here!

Post by Ravenhull »

If I've done my math/page count right, PMS Vol 1 will wrap up in the last full week of November (which is appropriate given the date things happen in the comic). Now, VC Vol 1 concludes in about 2 weeks. Are you planning to hold VC in stasis until PMS is done with Vol 1, or will they be staggered like they have been?
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Vampire Cheerleaders will go on a hiatus/break once we wrap up the first story arc and then we'll start things up again later this Fall. I don't have a firm date set yet, but we will preview a few new character designs and such during the break for book 2.

Fans needing their VampCheer fix, though, should click over to Paranormal Mystery Squad, which will continue uninterrupted and features upcoming cameos from the cast of Vampire Cheerleaders.

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

Adam Arnold wrote:Nah, they don't want to kill them... they wanna make lots of little wolf cubs.
...I'm definitely going to have to reread this.

Fionn the Otaku

Post by Fionn the Otaku »

How serious is Leonard taking his new Vampire hunter shtick and how is he prepairing to "deal with" the Vampires he has discovered.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

How generally well know is PETM in this universe, and the general existance of 'cryptids'. Are they viewed by the general public as complete nutters, or just nuts to think that 'monsters' need protection. Also, that execution in the openning sequence seemed to be pretty public. On the other hand, folks might assume that this was some kind of viral marketing for a monster movie.

And how does this reflect on the girls over in VC? Are there folks who know the truth of vampires who would know what to look for better than Leonard's checklist?
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Fionn the Otaku wrote:How serious is Leonard taking his new Vampire hunter shtick and how is he prepairing to "deal with" the Vampires he has discovered.
About as serious as Edgar Frog in the first Lost Boys movie.

Ravenhull wrote:How generally well know is PETM in this universe, and the general existance of 'cryptids'. Are they viewed by the general public as complete nutters, or just nuts to think that 'monsters' need protection. Also, that execution in the openning sequence seemed to be pretty public. On the other hand, folks might assume that this was some kind of viral marketing for a monster movie.
The opening of book 2's PMS story will show just how much pull PETM has as the actions of Kane and her crew are going to have some major consequences. And yes, the world definitely knows about cryptids as Stephanie's parents were very public "monster hunters."

And how does this reflect on the girls over in VC? Are there folks who know the truth of vampires who would know what to look for better than Leonard's checklist?
The VC try to operate way, way under the radar so that they don't have a slayer on their tail. To everyone in Bakertown, the VC are just normal teenage girls.

Fionn the Otaku

Adam Arnold wrote:About as serious as Edgar Frog in the first Lost Boys movie.

So at least halfway to deadly serious then, I wish him luck and hope he learns a lot from Lori's attack.
Adam Arnold wrote:The opening of book 2's PMS story will show just how much pull PETM has as the actions of Kane and her crew are going to have some major consequences. And yes, the world definitely knows about cryptids as Stephanie's parents were very public "monster hunters."
If cryptids (like Vampire and were-wolves) are known to the public than why was Heather so dismissive of Leonard warning? Other than the fact that Lori's crew are keeping up a Masquerade of being normal high school Cheerleaders.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

If someone told you Batman was real, people would still think he was just an urban legend. It's much the same thing here. People don't believe something is real unless they see it. And even then, it could just be bullshit.

This page gives a little taste of what the world knows of the Stephanie's parents, though:
http://www.paranormalmysterysquad.com/s ... om_and_dad

Fionn the Otaku

Adam Arnold wrote:If someone told you Batman was real, people would still think he was just an urban legend. It's much the same thing here. People don't believe something is real unless they see it. And even then, it could just be bullshit.
I'm kinda the wrong person to ask since I'm into Crytozoology and am quite certain Bigfoot is real, That said if it was a trusted friend I'd trust them because "the truth is out there".

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

Okay, reread the manga, and now-

Is there a certain way werewolves choose mates/play matchmaker for their kids?

And why, despite that wolf kid's actions, can I see him as the kind to greet you at the door when you get home? "I'm so happy to see you!" *bounce, bounce, hug* [We have Border Collies at home.]

Ian Cang

Re: PMS Artist's Corner

Post by Ian Cang »

MonCappy wrote:I like that sketch.

Thanks. That'd be one of mine. :D

Fionn the Otaku

Can Vampirism or Lycanthropy be cured or is there at least some way to force them into remission?

Also in Half time 4, was Heather crying out in defense of Leonard or because she was afraid Lori's actions would out the team as Vampires?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Fionn the Otaku wrote:Can Vampirism or Lycanthropy be cured or is there at least some way to force them into remission?
Lycanthropy... we'll go into that more very, very soon in PMS.

Also in Half time 4, was Heather crying out in defense of Leonard or because she was afraid Lori's actions would out the team as Vampires?
Leonard was Heather's friend for quite some time, so she'd hate to see him get hurt...even if he is acting crazy.

Fionn the Otaku

Adam Arnold wrote:
Fionn the Otaku wrote:Can Vampirism or Lycanthropy be cured or is there at least some way to force them into remission?
Lycanthropy... we'll go into that more very, very soon in PMS.
I think it should be possible to cure or at least force into "remission" both, just very difficult to nearly impossible. One reason i bring this up is that it would give Leonard a way to "save" Heather and strike at the Vampire cheerleaders by trying various strange, wacky or even insane ways to cure her or cure/depower the whole team instead of trying to do what Buffy Summers would do.
Adam Arnold wrote:
Leonard was Heather's friend for quite some time, so she'd hate to see him get hurt...even if he is acting crazy.
It just seems to me that if she was concerned about Leonard she would have yelled "Leonard, NOO" or "Don't hurt him" or "Lori don't".

mac2

Post by mac2 »

Have you thought about staggering the days you post new pages? For example, update VC and PMS M-W-F and AAJ and DE T-Th-S.

It's great to have four new pages to read at once, but it would also be nice to have new content the other days of the week.
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.