Chibi Suki

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Chibi Suki

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Sokora

Re: Chibi Suki

Post by Sokora »

Cuteness! I wanna see more Suki. She always was my favorite.

Jessey Lawson

Post by Jessey Lawson »

so it is the old suki design chibi fied. what is the diffrence between chibi and moe?

Nightgazer Starlight

Post by Nightgazer Starlight »

Sokora wrote:Cuteness! I wanna see more Suki. She always was my favorite.
Heather's my favorite, and always will be.^_^
---

Signature

My fanfics can be found right here.

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Nightgazer Starlight, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Jessey Lawson wrote:so it is the old suki design chibi fied. what is the diffrence between chibi and moe?
Chibi in the context here means drawn in a super deformed art style.

Moe is a term to describe adorable, cute girls.

Nightgazer Starlight

Adam Arnold wrote:
Jessey Lawson wrote:so it is the old suki design chibi fied. what is the diffrence between chibi and moe?
Moe is a term to describe adorable, cute girls.
Like Heather is.^_^
---

Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Nightgazer Starlight, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

And Shiei does it again. Very nice. :D :ymapplause:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

I guess it can't hurt to ask at this point: just how long has Suki been a vampire?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Gotoh wrote:I guess it can't hurt to ask at this point: just how long has Suki been a vampire?
She was turned in the 11th grade along with Zoe, Lesley, and Candice.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Thanks. I guess that partly explains why Zoe was stuck on her.

Nightgazer Starlight

Adam Arnold wrote:
Gotoh wrote:I guess it can't hurt to ask at this point: just how long has Suki been a vampire?
She was turned in the 11th grade along with Zoe, Lesley, and Candice.
That would make Suki, Zoe, Leslie, Heather, and Candice 16 when they were turned then.

Wow.

I guess Lori sure likes them young.
---

Signature

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Sokora wrote:Cuteness! I wanna see more Suki. She always was my favorite.
Part of Suki's appeal was her lack of visible maliciousness and the appearance that she honestly couldn't see anything wrong with the dubious things we did see her do. We are told she did things as bad as/worse than Heather (keeping her parents glamoured, though at least it was for self defense, and apparently killing someone for no known reason), but as we never saw those things and they ceased to be mentioned as the story progressed it became an easy thing to ignore or rationalize.

Not bashing Suki, just explaining my thoughts on why fans seem to like her more than Heather.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Varanus wrote:Part of Suki's appeal was her lack of visible maliciousness and the appearance that she honestly couldn't see anything wrong with the dubious things we did see her do. We are told she did things as bad as/worse than Heather (keeping her parents glamoured, though at least it was for self defense, and apparently killing someone for no known reason), but as we never saw those things.
Yes she did, and yes we did (in that order).

There was the time Suki came up with the idea to make it seem that their football team had gotten smashed and banged each other, in order to cover for Heather. And she was perfectly aware of just how deeply that was gonna disturb them when they finally woke up and the implication set it in.

Granted, that was waaayy back at the beginning of the comic, but the only other incident we were allowed to see, was when she was draining her PETM guards. Asides from that, we only heard about her glaming her parents and her teachers. And only the part about her parents had anything to do with self-defense. The rest was Suki, being Suki (i.e. shits 'n giggles for her, not so much for the victims).

All that said (and the first incident aside), she really wasn't that bad; especially by vampire standards. So I can see why people like her, 'cuz her overall personality makes it easy to forget the not-so-nice things she does.

GethN7

Post by GethN7 »

Gotoh wrote:
Varanus wrote:Part of Suki's appeal was her lack of visible maliciousness and the appearance that she honestly couldn't see anything wrong with the dubious things we did see her do. We are told she did things as bad as/worse than Heather (keeping her parents glamoured, though at least it was for self defense, and apparently killing someone for no known reason), but as we never saw those things.
Yes she did, and yes we did (in that order).

There was the time Suki came up with the idea to make it seem that their football team had gotten smashed and banged each other, in order to cover for Heather. And she was perfectly aware of just how deeply that was gonna disturb them when they finally woke up and the implication set it in.

Granted, that was waaayy back at the beginning of the comic, but the only other incident we were allowed to see, was when she was draining her PETM guards. Asides from that, we only heard about her glaming her parents and her teachers. And only the part about her parents had anything to do with self-defense. The rest was Suki, being Suki (i.e. shits 'n giggles for her, not so much for the victims).

All that said (and the first incident aside), she really wasn't that bad; especially by vampire standards. So I can see why people like her, 'cuz her overall personality makes it easy to forget the not-so-nice things she does.
First, Chibi Suki is adorable.

Second, Heather was fully aware of the crap she did and was drunk on her power, though admittedly she mellowed slightly, at least to the point she wasn't an active asshole anymore (no worse than the rest at least). Suki, on the other hand, is all but stated to have a lot of confused bats in her belfry, and given her lack of common sense, it can be argued she has a much looser grasp of moral agency considering her actions due to being so airheaded, so still amoral, but not as calculated and malicious as Heather was.

In fact, the moral agency for the VC ranks as follows (highest to lowest):

1. Lori (has a very good idea what is reasonable limits to avoid causing problems, lost her shit when those admittedly fairly sane limits to avoid persecution were violated, and tried to keep her vamp coven in line).
2. Zoe (almost as conscientious as Lori, definitely had to keep Suki in line)
3. Leslie (hard to say, but she did follow Lori's lead most of the time)
4. Heather (amoral quite a bit at first, but did start learning the meaning of discretion and some moral agency eventually, but not before glamoring her own parents for her own gain and power tripping on her vamp status to an obnoxious degree)
5. Suki (combine lack of common sense and hedonism, albeit without any active malice behind most of it, and Suki comes out as the one with the least moral agency)

That stated, Suki comes out as more likable regardless because, to be frank, she wasn't as arrogant about her bloodsucker status nor abused it's power to the conscious detriment of others without regard for their feelings, at least from what we've seen. Hell, she actually gave more of a shit about Leonard sometimes that Heather did even after he became their Renfield, and he originally had feelings for her.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

GethN7 wrote:Second, Heather was fully aware of the crap she did and was drunk on her power, though admittedly she mellowed slightly, at least to the point she wasn't an active asshole anymore (no worse than the rest at least).
Who said anything about Heather? Varanus and I were talking about Suki. :-\
GethN7 wrote:1. Lori (has a very good idea what is reasonable limits to avoid causing problems, lost her shit when those admittedly fairly sane limits to avoid persecution were violated, and tried to keep her vamp coven in line).
Lori's morals were no better than Heather's. She cared about her coven, but that was as far as her concern seemed to go, until the final volume.
GethN7 wrote:That stated, Suki comes out as more likable regardless because, to be frank, she wasn't as arrogant about her bloodsucker status nor abused it's power to the conscious detriment of others without regard for their feelings, at least from what we've seen.
Tell that to the BH football team, 'cuz that was Suki's idea and, yes, she knew exactly what she was doing and the effect it was going to have on them when they woke up. Which is why she said said they'd the team would take it to their graves.

Plus, she helped drain the opposing team's players afterward. I'll leave it at that, since that was in the beginning of the comic. I agree that she's a mostly likeable character (I even said that in the post that you quoted), but she's had her low points.