Vampire Cheerleaders Presents Frankenbitches (Master Thread)

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Vampire Cheerleaders Presents Frankenbitches (Master Thread)

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Discussion thread for the "Vampire Cheerleaders Presents Frankenbitches" character bios and eight-page pilot script. (This will run from 2/2 to 2/12.)

http://www.vampirecheerleaders.net/strips-vc/cover_page

http://www.vampirecheerleaders.net/stri ... ce_lavenza

http://www.vampirecheerleaders.net/stri ... _steinberg

Gotoh

Re: Vampire Cheerleaders Presents Frankenbitches (Master Thr

Post by Gotoh »

Sweet. :-bd

So will we get to find out who patched her up, after the accident?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Yes. Character bios this week, script the next.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Awesome. I can't wait to see it.

SilentChaos87

Post by SilentChaos87 »

Nice to see we're keeping our stride. Walk out of one comic move right into another.
Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

Nutster

Post by Nutster »

One little "oops" I see for Candice: The text says her leg scar should be just below her knee, but the illustration shows her scar mid-thigh. Also, the calf is just the muscle group in the back of the lower leg which is used to move the foot and wiggle the toes. I think you want to transplant the entire lower leg, not just the muscles. Actually, mid-thigh is probably the best place to do the transplant; the muscular forces aren't as concentrated there and all the complicated stuff around the joints is far away. So, my suggestion is to keep the illustration and update the text.
Science Teacher mode off

Sokora

Post by Sokora »

SilentChaos87 wrote:Nice to see we're keeping our stride. Walk out of one comic move right into another.
I don't think so. This was actually a rejected comic idea.

So what we're getting are some character designs and then a script rather than a comic.

After 2/12, it's officially over.

Unless there's a Valentine's pic in the work that I don't know about.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Sokora wrote:Unless there's a Valentine's pic in the work that I don't know about.
There's one last VC/PMS thing on 2/13, and then a color final picture thingy 2/16.

Sokora

Post by Sokora »

Thanks! That's good to know.

Though it'll be a sad day when the website finally stops updating.

P.S.: Actually one more question. Are we still doing the Monday/Wednesday/Friday updates or will this last part be daily updates.

Jessey Lawson

Post by Jessey Lawson »

why was it rejected?

washu

Post by washu »

dang it! these char bios are making me actually want to read the comic. a comic that won't come to pass. now i'm wanting to read the story of the highly unlikely love affair between a stuck up killer cheerleader and her mad scientist boyfriend. Candice can be the face/brawn, Franklin can be the brains/builder of said brawn. Will Franklin ever build Candice a proper proverbial heart? Will Candice teach Franklin to stand up for himself in a seemingly cruel world? Read on to find out!
Rise from Ashes. a new webcomic by Madeleine Rosca, author of Hollow Fields.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Jessey Lawson wrote:why was it rejected?
The third book was originally going to have Frankenbitches as the lead story and Vampire Cheerleaders Must Die! as the back-up. Due to the costs of having two different art teams (and VC's success as a webcomic), Frankenbitches was shelved with the intention of us coming back to it at a later time. That didn't happen, but the story itself is important to the Vampire Cheerleaders canon, so that's why I'm presenting this now. Frankenbitches might still happen at some point, who knows

The Omnipotent One
Location: Sealed within a lost prison somewhere forgotten in the Cosmos

Post by The Omnipotent One »

This Franklin sounds like the kind of guy Gary would get along with
We sealed him not out of fear of what he was, but out of fear of what he could do. So much power and knowledge at his disposal...he could destroy all of existence and remake it instantaneously

With his soul and energy torn from his flesh, it took little effort to contain him. We made his prison on to a burning planet, an world unfit for life. Even when the seals are unlocked, no vessel will be there for him to take

A rift in the Cosmos mark his return
Upon his resurrection the Universe will burn

— excerpts from the Scrolls of Ancients' Time

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

The Omnipotent One wrote:This Franklin sounds like the kind of guy Gary would get along with
Not really. Franklin may be mildly disturbed, but at least he's proactively trying to do something about his girl problem. Gary is passive and waits for things to just sorta happen for him, or happen to him. It was one of the main reasons I stopped reading 'Menage á 3'.

If anything, I'd say "Frank" might get along better with Leonard, since both of 'em associate with undead chicks. Leonard was even bangin' 'em, so he might not find with Franklin's doing to be all that strange.