28-01-2015 [VC] Guest House 2

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

washu

Re: 28-01-2015 [VC] Guest House 2

Post by washu »

SilentChaos87 wrote: The lost chapter we'll never get to see (thanks a fucking lot, facebook community)
pardon mt ignorance, but what's this about a lost chapter and why is the facebook community to blame?

back to the comic at hand. if you look at panel 3 you can see two people on monitors behind Katies speech bubbles. i wonder who they could be?
Rise from Ashes. a new webcomic by Madeleine Rosca, author of Hollow Fields.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

washu wrote:
SilentChaos87 wrote: The lost chapter we'll never get to see (thanks a fucking lot, facebook community)
pardon mt ignorance, but what's this about a lost chapter and why is the facebook community to blame?
SilentChaos87 is referring to "The Fall of PETM" story arc, which we'll never get to see because it wound up being scrapped due to complaints from the comic's Facebook community.
washu wrote:back to the comic at hand. if you look at panel 3 you can see two people on monitors behind Katies speech bubbles. i wonder who they could be?
I think those are just posters. It'd seem weird to have someone watching her while she's (presumably) having sex.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Gotoh wrote:
washu wrote:
SilentChaos87 is referring to "The Fall of PETM" story arc, which we'll never get to see because it wound up being scrapped due to complaints from the comic's Facebook community.
More info:
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=15964&p=536503#p536503

washu

Post by washu »

who cares about complainers? people only have time to complain because they aren't doing anything productive. it's a waste of time to argue with them and if you do, you just end up not getting anything done either.

and i think you right about the pictures on the wall being posters. for some reason i thought they were screens. i don't know what i was thinking.
Rise from Ashes. a new webcomic by Madeleine Rosca, author of Hollow Fields.

Tython

Post by Tython »

The problem comes from the fact that the facebook community was apparently the more lucrative so in order to keep the money flowing things needed to be done
Last edited by Tython on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

There wouldn't be enough money for a "private release" or something I suppose?
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Tython wrote:The problem comes from the fact that the facebook community was apparently the more lucrative so in order to keep the money flowing things needed to be done
Facebook wasn't more "lucrative," the ad revenue the webcomic run receives as a whole is what allowed the series to break even on the costs of the art/letter/toning. The problem was that Facebook's community was pro-Vampire Cheerleaders and rebelled against what they saw as Paranormal Mystery Squad taking over the series in the "Vampire Cheerleaders Must Die!" story arc. Granted, that was the intention as Vampire Cheerleaders was intended to be a micro-story lasting two adventures before becoming known as "Vampire Cheerleaders Presents" with Lori serving as a horror host. The "Vampire Cheerleaders Must Die!" story was written as a Paranormal Mystery Squad one and was intended to lead directly into PMS's big 'Fall of PETM' arc. But all the infighting and negative comments on Facebook (which was pro-VC), and to a lesser extent this forum (largely pro-PMS), eventually started to chip away at our hits. There were only two solutions: end the series after "Vampire Cheerleaders Must Die!" or come up with some way to merge the two series together.

Tython

Post by Tython »

Thank you for clearing that up

lunas

Post by lunas »

vampire hunter D wrote:you know, I'm a bit worried. If thi is the second to last page, whatever is coming friday is almost certainly gonna end abruptly in the middle of something. I kind of find those endings unsatisfying usually.
my prediction is Stephanie will walk into a AWOOOOOO....

But from the panel it looks as though katie is wearing a shirt... Im gonna be so sad to see these comics go...

as for transmission of lycanthropy She already marked him as hers with a bite to the gonads in werewolf form... And i don't know kissing should transmit it too going by it being in the bite but maybe in the future they have a vaccine or something to explain.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

lunas wrote:as for transmission of lycanthropy She already marked him as hers with a bite to the gonads in werewolf form.
No she didn't. Adam said the bite didn't break the denim.

Sokora

Post by Sokora »

And you chose to end it after Vampire Cheerleaders Must Die? Didn't you have other arcs planned? Was it that impossible to merge the two series, even if only for a little while?