19-1-2015 [VC] 3.5 Years Later

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

The Omnipotent One
Location: Sealed within a lost prison somewhere forgotten in the Cosmos

Re: 19-1-2015 [VC] 3.5 Years Later

Post by The Omnipotent One »

Sk'thloq wrote:
Nightgazer Starlight wrote:What about Heather?

Where is Heather?

You gotta show her in this now!
Since we've never seen her in any of the future scenes, I'm going to guess that she is dead.
Nightgazer may have been talking more about the past Heather. Me, I could care less. The way I see it, there are things that are more pressing. Such as the lizard aliens and the lack of knowledge that we have of them. Or how PETM is supervised by a brainwashed agent of said lizard aliens. Or all the other cheerleaders that Lori turned over the course of time. Or my personal favorite: WHAT THE ***K IS UP WITH THE LIZARD ALIENS?!

If you haven't guessed, I'm more interested in learning about what will be done about the lizard men. Katie, Suki, and Leonard know about them, they know that they are in disguise, and I wonder what will be done. This is the thing about looking into the future: one might seek to change it.

And let's not forget about the mind***ks that still plague this arc: Lori not realizing that when she made Suki a vampire she just made her own maker, the mothmen prophecies that we know nothing about yet are said to frighten the lizards, why the egg played hopscotch with time and space, why Leonard's cold affected the future lizards when in the past they lived on Earth, and what the true purpose of PETM is since it's controlled by aliens. And those are just at the top of my head.

This is ending way too soon to leave these questions and plot holes unanswered
We sealed him not out of fear of what he was, but out of fear of what he could do. So much power and knowledge at his disposal...he could destroy all of existence and remake it instantaneously

With his soul and energy torn from his flesh, it took little effort to contain him. We made his prison on to a burning planet, an world unfit for life. Even when the seals are unlocked, no vessel will be there for him to take

A rift in the Cosmos mark his return
Upon his resurrection the Universe will burn

— excerpts from the Scrolls of Ancients' Time

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

The Omnipotent One wrote:Or how PETM is supervised by a brainwashed agent of said lizard aliens.
J.C. was in charge of PETM (read the sign) at the time of Stephanie's abduction, and Heather was working for him as an office manager.
The Omnipotent One wrote:If you haven't guessed, I'm more interested in learning about what will be done about the lizard men.
Lori's fleet annihilated most of them, then let Lita take care of the ones that were left.
The Omnipotent One wrote:Katie, Suki, and Leonard know about them, they know that they are in disguise, and I wonder what will be done.
It's no longer an issue since PMS burned the old PETM HQ to the ground, once they found out. Then J.C. assumed command of the newly established PETM.
The Omnipotent One wrote:the mothmen prophecies that we know nothing about yet are said to frighten the lizards
I'm curious about that one, myself. But there's still 5 pages left, so they might bring it up then.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

The Omnipotent One wrote:This is ending way too soon to leave these questions and plot holes unanswered
It's no secret that "Vampire Cheerleaders in Space...and Time?!" was meant to be, chronologically, the fifth book, not the fourth.

That missing book worth of content would've included:
- The Candice centered spin-off "Vampire Cheerleaders Presents Frankenbitches" (the partial script will be posted soon).
- That "Vampire Cheerleaders Get Rescued" scene that I presented online in script format would've lead into...
- A story called "Vampire Cheerleaders Camp It Up!" with the VC hiding out at a cheerleader camp while...
- Paranormal Mystery Squad were involved in the story about "The Fall of PETM."

The Omnipotent One

Adam Arnold wrote:
The Omnipotent One wrote:This is ending way too soon to leave these questions and plot holes unanswered
It's no secret that "Vampire Cheerleaders in Space...and Time?!" was meant to be, chronologically, the fifth book, not the fourth.

That missing book worth of content would've included:
- The Candice centered spin-off "Vampire Cheerleaders Presents Frankenbitches" (the partial script will be posted soon).
- That "Vampire Cheerleaders Get Rescued" scene that I presented online in script format would've lead into...
- A story called "Vampire Cheerleaders Camp It Up!" with the VC hiding out at a cheerleader camp while...
- Paranormal Mystery Squad were involved in the story about "The Fall of PETM."
ReL shame none of it will be done but I look forward to seeing what you had planned, especially the "Fall of PETM" that really sounds like a good plot. I just wish I started reading this earlier than just last week
We sealed him not out of fear of what he was, but out of fear of what he could do. So much power and knowledge at his disposal...he could destroy all of existence and remake it instantaneously

With his soul and energy torn from his flesh, it took little effort to contain him. We made his prison on to a burning planet, an world unfit for life. Even when the seals are unlocked, no vessel will be there for him to take

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

Well, I think they are doing a sequel series, although I could be wrong about that.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

The Omnipotent One

This is completely off topic but I just noticed a sneaky preview of what was to come here

See the booth where it says "The Reptilian Menace"? Clever.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Sk'thloq wrote:Well, I think they are doing a sequel series, although I could be wrong about that.
I don't have anything in the pipeline at the moment. I re-pitched the harem comedy "Vampire Cheerleaders Presents Frankenbitches" recently, but it's not moving at the present time.

renmei

Post by renmei »

The Omnipotent One wrote:So I just found this comic last week and I gotta say that I'm hooked. Yet I fear that this is coming to an end and I do not mean the arc. I say this because both Eerie Cuties and Magick Chicks are coming to a close. So, is Vampire Cheerleaders wrapping up its final story or is there more to come?
I just wanted to point out that EC and MC aren't ending as a series, just the story arcs. They just haven't decided the direction the strips will go after these arcs are done. They're choosing to focus on other strips like Ma3 for the moment because there just isn't enough time in their schedule currently to work on all of them at once with regular updates.

VC/PMS on the other hand, is ending completely. After January, it's finished for good, unless Adam's bosses let him give the title another shot, and it'll probably be a while before that happens.

@Adam - Have you ever given any thought to occasionally offering some short stories for the gang like you did with "The Girl Who Would Be Lita"? It wouldn't be a web comic, true, but it would offer other advantages, like keeping the franchise advertised in case you got greenlit for another comic, fleshing out small details/characters/events, etc. Small, regular updates would keep traffic coming in which would be good for the site too. Maybe Shelfer could pick a particular scene from each story and do a spread panel or cover page, if he's interested.

Just a thought. ;)

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

renmei wrote: @Adam - Have you ever given any thought to occasionally offering some short stories for the gang like you did with "The Girl Who Would Be Lita"? It wouldn't be a web comic, true, but it would offer other advantages, like keeping the franchise advertised in case you got greenlit for another comic, fleshing out small details/characters/events, etc. Small, regular updates would keep traffic coming in which would be good for the site too. Maybe Shelfer could pick a particular scene from each story and do a spread panel or cover page, if he's interested.

Just a thought. ;)
"The Girl Who Would Be Lita" was just a one-time thing. It was largely just an exercise to see if I could still write a short story. My conclusion was that since I don't read novels for fun, I'm shouldn't be attempting to write one.

So... the stories I have in my head only work in comic form.

renmei

Post by renmei »

Adam Arnold wrote:"The Girl Who Would Be Lita" was just a one-time thing. It was largely just an exercise to see if I could still write a short story. My conclusion was that since I don't read novels for fun, I'm shouldn't be attempting to write one.

So... the stories I have in my head only work in comic form.
Ah, I see! Well, it was just a spur of the moment idea. If you aren't enjoying something, it's not worth doing, imo.

shelfer

Post by shelfer »

And since there's nothing further planned for VC, I am Aspen bound. And I don't mean Colorado. That's all I can say for now. But it's been a blast. Thanks everyone.