24-12-2014 [VC] Puzzle Bobble

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: 24-12-2014 [VC] Puzzle Bobble

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Sk'thloq wrote:
renmei wrote:You could already see the signs of strain once they started changing artists in MC. I have no idea why they thought a third series was a great idea. DC is cute and all, but EC has suffered a lot with these spin offs.
They really need to bring in more people.
While that's easy to say, it's hard to put into action. There was a ton of negative feedback when Cassandra first took over on Magick Chicks. Vampire Cheerleaders isn't immune from it either. We still get asked every couple of weeks when Shiei is coming back.

tityanya

Post by tityanya »

Adam Arnold wrote: There was a ton of negative feedback when Cassandra first took over on Magick Chicks.
You mean shouri? Yeah that comic's updates have been all out of wack.
Last edited by tityanya on Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

tityanya

Post by tityanya »

tityanya wrote:I've noticed that lately, this is the only pixie trix comic to update regularly. You go Adam!
15 pages left until Vampire Cheerleaders wraps.
Aww! I'll really miss the story.

Tython

Post by Tython »

tityanya wrote:
Adam Arnold wrote: There was a ton of negative feedback when Cassandra first took over on Magick Chicks.
You mean shouri? Yeah she's been doing a horrible job keeping up to date.
Shouri was one of the original artists on Magic Chicks with Gisele while Cassandra is the current artist of Dangerously Chloe

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

tityanya wrote:You mean shouri? Yeah she's been doing a horrible job keeping up to date.
That's completely uncalled-for. They're a small team and we know the 'Má3' kickstarter has been a massive undertaking for them and Shouri has been helping them with it. Beyond that, we don't know what the reasons are for the *C-verse comics falling behind schedule. But at least, they're still being updated and we're getting them for free (unless you choose to buy the print editions).

OrlahEhontas

Post by OrlahEhontas »

Gotoh wrote:
tityanya wrote:You mean shouri? Yeah she's been doing a horrible job keeping up to date.
That's completely uncalled-for. They're a small team and we know the 'Má3' kickstarter has been a massive undertaking for them and Shouri has been helping them with it. Beyond that, we don't know what the reasons are for the *C-verse comics falling behind schedule. But at least, they're still being updated and we're getting them for free (unless you choose to buy the print editions).
Add to that, this is just as crazy a time of the year for artists as it is for any one else. Probably crazier, what with commissions needing to be done, their own family presents to buy (with that commission money (which I wish I could afford to toss in that direction as well)), and any other number of things to do. If you want regular updates, tityanya, the old saying of "Money talks,...", comes to mind.

tityanya

Post by tityanya »

Gotoh wrote:
Alright, Ill admit, my wording was pretty harsh. It's just that it's barely updated at all since the summer, with hardly any explanation, and I've been feeling a bit frustrated over it.
OrlahEhontas wrote: Add to that, this is just as crazy a time of the year for artists as it is for any one else. Probably crazier, what with commissions needing to be done, their own family presents to buy (with that commission money (which I wish I could afford to toss in that direction as well)), and any other number of things to do. If you want regular updates, tityanya, the old saying of "Money talks,...", comes to mind.
It hasn't been just lately though. She made like three regular updates once she took over then fell all out of wack. That could explain why everything else has fallen behind, though.

I formally apologize for my wording here. I really like shouri's art, and I like her take on the story.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

You know, Steph's continued robotic utterings of 'Queenly duty~!' is giving me some real Tahiti vibes here...
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Tako

Post by Tako »

You mean brainwashing? Quite likely, taking into account that she has accepted to leave everything behind to become a glorified alien broodmare.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Osaru Sensei wrote:You know, Steph's continued robotic utterings of 'Queenly duty~!' is giving me some real Tahiti vibes here...
It's a running gag.
Tako wrote:You mean brainwashing? Quite likely, taking into account that she has accepted to leave everything behind to become a glorified alien broodmare.
Dude, Steph flat-out said she consented to it. Does that sound like brainwashing?

Tython

Post by Tython »

The best kind of brainwashing is the kind where you think.the choices you are making are yours

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Tython wrote:The best kind of brainwashing is the kind where you think.the choices you are making are yours
Even though the mothmen are clearly being portrayed as the good guys, since Steph and Charlotte are helping them of their own volition?

I get that some of you are unsettled by the idea that Steph would willingly consent to be their breedmare, but there's been no indication that they've brainwashed her. None.

renmei

Post by renmei »

Gotoh wrote:
Tython wrote:The best kind of brainwashing is the kind where you think.the choices you are making are yours
Even though the mothmen are clearly being portrayed as the good guys, since Steph and Charlotte are helping them of their own volition?

I get that some of you are unsettled by the idea that Steph would willingly consent to be their breedmare, but there's been no indication that they've brainwashed her. None.
I'm not convinced of brain washing, but we don't really know the reasons behind the Mothmen "prophecies" yet.

Tako

Post by Tako »

Gotoh wrote:
Osaru Sensei wrote:You know, Steph's continued robotic utterings of 'Queenly duty~!' is giving me some real Tahiti vibes here...
It's a running gag.
Tako wrote:You mean brainwashing? Quite likely, taking into account that she has accepted to leave everything behind to become a glorified alien broodmare.
Dude, Steph flat-out said she consented to it. Does that sound like brainwashing?
That's how brainwashing works. Brainwashing neither makes people walk around like zombies or sleepwalkers nor control their bodies against their will. It changes their priorities, values, beliefs and loyalties. And if it works, the brainwashed person will believe that their new loyalties and beliefs are the rights ones and that they are freely sticking to them.

The victims of destructive sects don't go around saying "I would like to leave the sect, but I can't because I have been brainwashed".

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Tako wrote:That's how brainwashing works. Brainwashing neither makes people walk around like zombies or sleepwalkers nor control their bodies against their will. It changes their priorities, values, beliefs and loyalties. And if it works, the brainwashed person will believe that their new loyalties and beliefs are the rights ones and that they are freely sticking to them.
Since you're insisting on arguing this point, show me where the mothmen have done that to Steph.
Tako wrote:The victims of destructive sects don't go around saying "I would like to leave the sect, but I can't because I have been brainwashed".
You mean, like this? Or would you prefer this method?