27-10-2014 [VC] Stand Our Ground

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Nightgazer Starlight

Re: 27-10-2014 [VC] Stand Our Ground

Post by Nightgazer Starlight »

Random Wanderer wrote:The lizards have reached the point of bending time and space
Time to call the madman in the blue box.^_^
---

Signature

My fanfics can be found right here.

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Nightgazer Starlight, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

nekoleon89

Post by nekoleon89 »

Jokes aside, it seems the three will be left out of the loop. Katie wants to help, unfortunately she hasn't had a chance to level the reptilians just yet, and she did badly that time around.

Zerofret

Post by Zerofret »

Stephanie must be a Visual Kei fan, given she's named all the mothmen after VK bands.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

nekoleon89 wrote:I'm only wondering this much: 1. What is going to happen to the PMS, now that Steph is queen now. Will they disband?
PMS was shut down once Stephanie went missing.
http://www.vampirecheerleaders.net/stri ... gh_and_low

nekoleon89

Post by nekoleon89 »

Well that's one question answered, well my stance remains regardless. All that's left is to see how this ends and get my thoughts out after.

GethN7

Post by GethN7 »

I can actually see why Steph would make keeping Katie and crew out of harm's way a priority.

Katie might be a werewolf now, but she has little combat training and her track record isn't all that impressive. Suki has been a vampire for awhile, but her track record also isn't all that impressive. Leonard is ironically the second best fighter of the four (he's done better than the first two combined), but he's also a squishy human with all that implies.

Also, I'm fairly sure the mothmen tried to sell Steph on the idea at first in a nonviolent manner. When we finally meet her, she's not only willing to be knocked up by mothmen, they willingly take her orders without question, so not only did they win her over, there is mutual respect on both sides.
Last edited by GethN7 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nekoleon89

Post by nekoleon89 »

Maybe so, but as a reader, my slight disdain for the mothmen is still there, although it is brief for now until the end of this arc. That's not even on-topic, but the rest I do agree with you. If she's okay with it, it should be okay. Although I hope the next story Adam and Michael will make next in the future doesn't pull this kind of thing again for some reason. I'm just concerned for Katie knowing full well that this could be the last time she'll see her sister...it seems like it..but that's a bit something I'll say for later talk. Right now this final arc is getting closer to wrapping up and I intend to see it to the end. Although I'll wait for a week or two for later. Because that way I'll have more pages to look into.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

GethN7 wrote:I can actually see why Steph would make keeping Katie and crew out of harm's way a priority.

Katie might be a werewolf now, but she has little combat training and her track record isn't all that impressive. Suki has been a vampire for awhile, but her track record also isn't all that impressive. Leonard is ironically the second best fighter of the four (he's done better than the first two combined), but he's also a squishy human with all that implies.
It kinda makes me wish JC and Charlotte had gone along for the ride, though understandably, JC has his responsibilities to PETM. Incidentally, has it been said what Charlotte's been up to since PMS disbanded? :-\

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

I hope we get some explanation at least for why Stephanie didn't tell anyone what was going on. The mothmen seem really good at sneaking around Earth so they could have delivered a message. Course Katie may not have believed them but it would have been good to try.

Or maybe the sneaking around they did already do to select their queen was enough to lead the Reptilians to them.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Varanus wrote:I hope we get some explanation at least for why Stephanie didn't tell anyone what was going on.
She hasn't had the chance to yet. Steph happened to be busy when Katie and co. showed up, and the Reptilians attacked shortly afterward.

Even if that hadn't happened, Steph would at least need to wrap up what she was doing first, then put some clothes on so she'd be decent, before giving any sort of explanation.

nekoleon89

Post by nekoleon89 »

At they very least, we all deserved that much to know what's up with these mothmen and reptilians, all the stuff that was going on, and all that lead to Steph to gett put into this. As far as I know, their move(mothmen) also just sealed Stephanie's future(they did succeed in convincing her, and once she said yes, that's her future right there), and put PMS into total shutdown, leaving Katie without her sister to look after her, whose been a big part of her life.) which is why I was a bit peeved at them earlier. Stephanie may be okay with it, but it was the methods they used to snatch her up which was why I looked at them with disdain. Katie is the only sister she has left, this could truly be the last time they see each other since the responsibilities of a queen especially that of an entire brood of species is very high. It is wasn't easy for Katie to get to Stephanie, as it required a moth egg to travel trough time and space. I haven't even asked more question about what Katie is going to do after this event since it seems that this is going to go this way. She's always had her sister taking care of her. So it left me worried that Katie will go back without her, and there's no guardian seeming there for her, giving that feeling of her being alone without her sister to look after her, that's not always true in another way, but it still sucks to have a sister that cared for you and such circumstances put you and her in an awkward position. Sure there's Charlotte but I don't know, that's about it. I don't know. Then again Mothmen does have such an ability, but I won't push it just yet. Maybe there is a way, maybe it isn't.

After all this time thinking, that's what I've come up with. It's cool to be a queen with such powers and being in control of a species, but you're going to be busy a lot, and unless you check in on your sister every now and then, it is a doozy to keep in contact. Look I know it seems unfair now, now that that she's okay with it. But giving the fact of how much I care for family to such an extent, my resentment/disdain still lingers to the ones that just took someone's family like that. And it tends to last....how long? Who knows.

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

Gotoh wrote:I'm still hoping there's gonna an explanation at some point, but in the meantime...

Talk about irony. To think the girl who once dedicated her life to hunting and killing cryptids, has gone from finally accepting all cryptids aren't inherently evil, to becoming queen of an entire brood and actually leading them in battle. Wow. That's some serious character development. :-o

Go, Stephanie! \M/
Yeah, all 'offscreen' as well. =))
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Hurbster: It wasn't off-panel, we actually saw most of it happen:
The only part we're missing is, how the mothmen convinced her to become their new queen and how they got her to agree to let 'em knock her up.