06-10-2014 [VC] Protect the Queen

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Tython

06-10-2014 [VC] Protect the Queen

Post by Tython »

Sk'thloq

Re: 06-10-2014 [VC] Protect the Queen

Post by Sk'thloq »

I hope they're insured.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

So I guess the big explanation will have to wait...

We are getting a big explanation at some point right? RIGHT?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Varanus wrote:So I guess the big explanation will have to wait...

Expla...what now?

Random Wanderer

Post by Random Wanderer »

Adam Arnold wrote:
Varanus wrote:So I guess the big explanation will have to wait...

Expla...what now?
Explanation. You know, the thing where you tell us WTF is going on, and has been going on since... well... the comic started really, given the disjointed nature of the story due to frequent cancellations. But I think folks would settle with WTF has been going on with the mothmen and WTF has been going on with everything starting the moment Stephanie disappeared (including the whole "what did they do to her" and "why Stephanie" parts). Explain from there on forward and we'll call it even.

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

At this moment Destiny has a more coherent plot.
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.

timeline

Post by timeline »

Frankly at this point VC is a video game for me. Take the cool panels and moments and construct a coherent story around them. :D Its Fanfiction the game!

Pift what am I saying. I did it all for the Suki! Also liked Lori and I get the feeling Lori is going to be coming up again soon in a epic way.

Kate I am just mixed on. :-\ I wish she would have had more of a arc. She should be stepping up to be more a hero on her own but she is just so much a regular teen. I don't fault that but she is a freaking werewolf. She so needs to grow a set.

Leo is just dead weight. :P

GethN7

Post by GethN7 »

Hurbster wrote:At this moment Destiny has a more coherent plot.
If you are referring to Gundam Seed Destiny, you aren't kidding. It was a stupid plot, but at least it was understandable.
timeline wrote:Frankly at this point VC is a video game for me. Take the cool panels and moments and construct a coherent story around them. :D Its Fanfiction the game!

Pift what am I saying. I did it all for the Suki! Also liked Lori and I get the feeling Lori is going to be coming up again soon in a epic way.

Kate I am just mixed on. :-\ I wish she would have had more of a arc. She should be stepping up to be more a hero on her own but she is just so much a regular teen. I don't fault that but she is a freaking werewolf. She so needs to grow a set.

Leo is just dead weight. :P
Then again, I wouldn't be too cynical. Suki has been a large part of why this has been so entertaining (she's probably the most amusing vampire in fiction IMO). Leo is basically the Audience Surrogate, so I'm not too annoyed by his lack of weight, but yeah, all Katie has done is act pissy as hell and little else, would like to see her have a bigger role plz.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Adam Arnold wrote:
Varanus wrote:We are getting a big explanation at some point right? RIGHT?
Expla...what now?
I'm with Varanus, I was hoping either the mothmen, or Stephanie, would provide some sorta explanation that ties everything in this arc together. As in:
  • 1. Why'd the mothmen choose Stephanie to be their queen?
  • 2. How did they talk her into going along with it; and consenting to be their brood mare (from the looks of things)?
  • 3. Where/when are they (i.e. time period and what planet, or dimension is this)?
  • 4. Who's attacking them and does it have anything to do with why Stephanie was taken in the first place?
Basically, something that makes sense of everything's that's happened, so far. I don't necessarily expect all those to be answered, but I hope at least some of that gets hashed out. :-??
Last edited by Gotoh on Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Random Wanderer

Post by Random Wanderer »

GethN7 wrote:
Hurbster wrote:At this moment Destiny has a more coherent plot.
If you are referring to Gundam Seed Destiny, you aren't kidding. It was a stupid plot, but at least it was understandable.
I suspect he meant this Destiny.

timeline

Post by timeline »

GethN7 wrote: Then again, I wouldn't be too cynical. Suki has been a large part of why this has been so entertaining (she's probably the most amusing vampire in fiction IMO). Leo is basically the Audience Surrogate, so I'm not too annoyed by his lack of weight, but yeah, all Katie has done is act pissy as hell and little else, would like to see her have a bigger role plz.
Sure its not intended, but I see Katie as a high School girl. Way too caring about being cool and popular and not standing out. Someone that wants to be normal more then anything. Suki is totally college. She just doesn't care and will do whatever she feels like regardless. For me, alot of the story should be Katie journey of growing into her own person. You see hints of that from time to time but nothing big. Ironic as it is, Suki is the adult in the room. Someone that willing to stand up and put her ass on the line for her friends regardless of what happens.