14-9-10 [VC] Bugs Bugs Bugs

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Error of Logic

Re: 14-9-10 [VC] Bugs Bugs Bugs

Post by Error of Logic »

Adam Arnold wrote:
Error of Logic wrote:Is that a mugwump in the first panel? o_0;

I found the end of the first Starship Troopers movie to be downright chilling. It made the whole event that had gone before look like a dramatized recruitment film. Pretty meta, I know, which is sort of entertaining, but horrifying nonetheless to think that in-setting, all those events were just meant to draw more meat into the grinder...
Well, service does guarantee citizenship.
Unless that citizenship is extended to the whole family, I don't really see the appeal. I mean, citizenship doesn't matter that much to a corpse, especially a corpse lodged in a bug's gullet.

Mackus

Post by Mackus »

Error of Logic wrote:Unless that citizenship is extended to the whole family, I don't really see the appeal. I mean, citizenship doesn't matter that much to a corpse, especially a corpse lodged in a bug's gullet.
But that was the whole point. "You have to be willing to take risk and make personal sacrifice for society to have part in ruling it" rather than "vote for anyone with heartbeat and body temperature around 36 Celsius". That was Heinlein philosophy.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Hmm. Having and holding a paying job might be contributing to society...