An in-depth analysis of VC/PMS characters

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

dmra

Re: An in-depth analysis of VC/PMS characters

Post by dmra »

Not meaning to be rude but I can't see any point carrying on this discussion. You clearly have your opinions (informed by your personal experience); I clearly have mine (ditto) and I don't think either of us is likely to change their mind. Lets just leave it as we both agree that Heather behaved appallingly.

To be honest I sometimes think that the creators of the comic must be highly amused that a comic whose selling point is "fangservice" attracts so much sound and fury. Especially when the debate is about things which I suspect they expected to be taken as (admittedly very dark) throw away jokes or comments.

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

Interesting analysis. I don't know if I'd call Heather's upbringing "abusive", but it's certainly not very loving.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

Tython

Post by Tython »

Bree wrote:
Tython wrote:On the subject of Heather being hurt in that scene where her mother is pulling her into the house remember that Vampires need to be invited in if the owner is still alive unless it is a public place like a school which is a classical staple of vampire lore so it does raise the question on weather Heather is being physically hurt by her mother or if it is due to her vampire nature in which her mother is completely unaware of until it is to late.
It's her vampire nature and her mother is MOST likely not aware at that point, but all the same, Heather cried out to her mother that she was being hurt by what her mom was doing. Heather seemed to give some resistance to the pull, being physically hurt by her vampiric nature, and told her mother she was being hurt. Her mother didn't stop, though. She instead got angry.[/quote]

You forget that her mother had no idea that she was turned into a vampire and simply thought that Heather was making excuses You also forget that in the instant that she was invited she basically dropped the hurt gazelle act and went on the attack, so it also brings up the question how much she was actually being hurt and how much was an act to mess with her parents.

Quote system seems to hate me

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

Heather made her parents have a baby. Tells you all you need to know about her.
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.

Nightgazer Starlight

Post by Nightgazer Starlight »

Hurbster wrote:Heather made her parents have a baby. Tells you all you need to know about her.
It tells me that she was lonely and wanted a sibling that she could love.

Perfectly understandable there.

And completely justifiable.
---

Signature

My fanfics can be found right here.

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Nightgazer Starlight, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

dmra

Post by dmra »

Nightgazer Starlight wrote:
Hurbster wrote:Heather made her parents have a baby. Tells you all you need to know about her.
It tells me that she was lonely and wanted a sibling that she could love.

Perfectly understandable there.

And completely justifiable.
Completely justifiable! You genuinely think that forcing somebody to get pregnant is ever justifiable? Seriously your "admiration" for a fictional character is really leading you down some moral blind alleys.