[18-8-2014] Master Chase

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

OrlahEhontas

Re: [18-8-2014] Master Chase

Post by OrlahEhontas »

Nightgazer Starlight wrote:
DrkFire666 wrote:
Nightgazer Starlight wrote:In an interesting thing, one of Lori's squadmates said "What the hay, Thurston?!!"

When did she start hanging around Equestria?

:)

To Adam, yay!

Nice MLP reference you did there now.

Not necessarily,

As someone who grew up in the late 70's and early 80's "What the Hay" has been a child's substitute for H-E-double hockey sticks for many, many, many years. I even remember hearing it in some old Warner Bros cartoons from the 40's and 50's on Saturday mornings.
Yes. But then it was 'Hey' with an 'e' instead. Here it is spelled 'Hay' with an 'a' now, that is a pony swear word.
No it wasn't. At least, not in my neck of the woods. I grew up in the same time frame ('60's & '70's) and I always spelled it in my mind, and when I wrote it (if I ever did), with an "A", not an "E".

And trust me, I was using it a long time before any silly pony was. :p

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

When did MLP 1G start? It wasn't until the mid-eighties, was it?

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

According to the wiki: As a toy line, in 1982. As for being shown on TV, in 1984.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

GearaDoga

Post by GearaDoga »

GethN7 wrote:
Random Wanderer wrote:
Sk'thloq wrote:"Master?" What?
A vampire's master is the person that turned them into a vampire. Suki turned Lori into a vampire, so Suki is Lori's master. In an odd time paradox, Lori is also Suki's master.
What gets even weirder is how Lori apparently never realized any of this, or for that matter, Suki.

That said, one has to wonder if Lori ever asked herself why she always sensed something different from Suki prior to Volume 4, and if so, why?
...Unless Lori, Suki and company meet up somewhere between "current then" and "start of VC then", explain things, come to terms with the whole screwed-up mess (can't even begin to speculate how THAT might be accomplished), and by the time we arrive at the "then" that comes after the next "then", but before the "then" that marks the start of the "modern" storyline, Lori's managed to get over it?

After all, we've seen TONS of proof that VC-vamps aren't stuck fawning over "Master this" and "Master that" (basically the whole story, really). Remember that despite the century or so intermission, this is still technically Lori's first time ever being in proximity to her sire whilst they're both conscious - she's blurting it out in a totally new situation.

So if Lori has enough advance warning to accept that she's literally her own grandma, she should have no issue playing the part until "then" Suki switches over to "current then" Suki, at which point both "now" Lori and "now" Suki know what "current then" Suki is about to be told about her massively screwed-up lineage, and they can FINALLY quit hiding things from each other.

...Does that even begin to make sense? FFS, I only just wrote it and I'm not even sure anymore. Temporal paradoxes make my head hurt...

Nightgazer Starlight

Post by Nightgazer Starlight »

GearaDoga wrote:
...Unless Lori, Suki and company meet up somewhere between "current then" and "start of VC then", explain things, come to terms with the whole screwed-up mess (can't even begin to speculate how THAT might be accomplished), and by the time we arrive at the "then" that comes after the next "then", but before the "then" that marks the start of the "modern" storyline, Lori's managed to get over it?

After all, we've seen TONS of proof that VC-vamps aren't stuck fawning over "Master this" and "Master that" (basically the whole story, really). Remember that despite the century or so intermission, this is still technically Lori's first time ever being in proximity to her sire whilst they're both conscious - she's blurting it out in a totally new situation.

So if Lori has enough advance warning to accept that she's literally her own grandma, she should have no issue playing the part until "then" Suki switches over to "current then" Suki, at which point both "now" Lori and "now" Suki know what "current then" Suki is about to be told about her massively screwed-up lineage, and they can FINALLY quit hiding things from each other.

...Does that even begin to make sense? FFS, I only just wrote it and I'm not even sure anymore. Temporal paradoxes make my head hurt...
To quote Miles O'Brien "I hate temporal mechanics..."

– Miles O'Brien and Miles O'Brien, 2371 ("Visionary")

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Temporal_mechanics

Yep, right there.

That about sums it up.
---

Signature

My fanfics can be found right here.

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Nightgazer Starlight, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!