13-05-13 [VC] A Worried Nerd

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 13-05-13 [VC] A Worried Nerd

Post by Azrael »

Hey, Arthur brought a friend. Too bad he's not big and blue. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

TheDude
Resident Redhead

Post by TheDude »

I'm with Leonard on this.
"Time spent in happy delusion is never wasted." Frazz by Jef Mallet

"We fear change." Garth Algar

Mackus

Post by Mackus »

I think what Leonard is trying to say, is that we would've done for them most of tihngs he did even if he wasn't enthralled. And that until PMS tried to take them down, most of things Cheeleaders did, was more of "wacky fun with little bit off assholism", than "EEEEVILLL"

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Daughter. Breeding her parents. Like cattle. =_=

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

And eating the babies! :))

Are sure she didn't just make sure their line, such as it is, isn't over? Now that she's technically dead.
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

That's not what she said, was it?

"I want a baby brother or sister. Go make one. Not where I have to look at you!"

Nasty little brat.

Fionn the Otaku

Post by Fionn the Otaku »

Mackus wrote:I think what Leonard is trying to say, is that we would've done for them most of tihngs he did even if he wasn't enthralled. And that until PMS tried to take them down, most of things Cheeleaders did, was more of "wacky fun with little bit off assholism", than "EEEEVILLL"
Eh, the fact that Heather was supposedly his friend and not only went along with it but was a active participant (rather than y'know being mean girl cheerleader who didn't have a past with him like the others) make what she did somewhat more than "little bit off assholism". Then there was when he was locked in the car trunk in Vegas on a hot day, THAT was pretty Evil especially since he was made to carry the luggage right after he was let out.
Error of Logic wrote:Daughter. Breeding her parents. Like cattle. =_=
That to.
Error of Logic wrote:That's not what she said, was it?

"I want a baby brother or sister. Go make one. Not where I have to look at you!"

Nasty little brat.
True, not that she would have been feeding on the kid in a few years seeing as how family tastes best and she had to be stopped from draining her mother dry.

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

Fionn the Otaku wrote:Eh, the fact that Heather was supposedly his friend and not only went along with it but was a active participant (rather than y'know being mean girl cheerleader who didn't have a past with him like the others) make what she did somewhat more than "little bit off assholism".
Indeed. Her "childhood friend" dropped in waving a stake and prattling, called her and her friends "not real cheerleaders" and dismissed as "not even human", insulted her personally, then she tried to keep playful and nice, he continued his stupid threats, then she cried "Lori, please don't kill him!". Evilness oozes all over! 8-|

Fionn the Otaku

Post by Fionn the Otaku »

TBeholder wrote:
Fionn the Otaku wrote:Eh, the fact that Heather was supposedly his friend and not only went along with it but was a active participant (rather than y'know being mean girl cheerleader who didn't have a past with him like the others) make what she did somewhat more than "little bit off assholism".
Indeed. Her "childhood friend" dropped in waving a stake and prattling, called her and her friends "not real cheerleaders" and dismissed as "not even human", insulted her personally, then she tried to keep playful and nice, he continued his stupid threats, then she cried "Lori, please don't kill him!". Evilness oozes all over! 8-|
How was he wrong? He told her they were Vampires of the type that attack humans didn't he. As for the rest, the other cheerleaders aren't actually her friends (especially Yuki) considering how much worrying they did over who she replaced, the "waving a stake and prattling" was part of a (admittedly stupid and silly) attempt to make her realize that she had changed in a bad way and to fight Lori's influence as well as threaten the older cheerleaders.
Further more SHE IS A F-ing VAMPIRE as are the others, the threat posed to them by Lenny at the game was practically non-existent. What they did to Lenny on the other hand HAPPENED WHILE HE WAS THERE THRALL for Christ's sake, it's like comparing threatening a champion heavy weight boxer with a stick to that same boxer pushing around a wimpy middle school kid. Her saying don't kill him is basic morality AND is part of the code Lori said her group has to "live" by, not treating him like crap an not letting others push him around on the other hand...

Gargravarr

Post by Gargravarr »

"All in the spirit of fun"? For ****'s sake...
"Additional: Our biggest enemy is going space-crazy through loneliness. The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes."

FrostDancer81

Post by FrostDancer81 »

Well...Judging from the responses here, I take it there is something involving the Mothman and Leonard is getting his character hit hard with a stick. No reason for me to read the comic then.
THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT? - Bad Dudes

I, who stand in the full light of the heavens command thee, who opens the gates of hell, come fourth divine lightning! This ends now! Indignation! - Jade Curtiss(Tales of the Abyss)

Indestructible—determination that is incorruptible,from the other side, a terror to behold, annihilation will be unavoidable. Every broken enemy will know, that their opponent had to be invincible. Take a last look around while you're alive, I'm an indestructible master of war! - Indestructible by Disturbed.

renmei

Post by renmei »

I was wondering when the Stockholm* would set in. Guess it makes sense that it kicked in when the deed has been done. I don't blame Lenny for his thinking, he's obviously thinking with his heart and not his brain.

*From Wikipedia -

"Stockholm syndrome, or capture–bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness."

Also, another Mothman. Someone fed them after midnight, didn't they. ><

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

Fionn the Otaku wrote:True, not that she would have been feeding on the kid in a few years seeing as how family tastes best
Why it's supposed to be so bad? There are teens dreaming of this. ;) No, wait, not teens - she would be away for what, 20 years?
Fionn the Otaku wrote: and she had to be stopped from draining her mother dry.
In her loonie day? Yet she didn't react the same way on her father. Why? Other than the painfully obvious answer? :-=
Hyper Magi wrote:Unless you think Lori should have just surrendered to the dangerous hunter who hurt her friends and looked like she was going to kill her? There are things you can call the VC out for, but let's not try to imply they're wrong for defending themselves.
Isn't this what public schools teach?
Hyper Magi wrote: Otherwise you're.... ,kind of showing why vampires wouldn't hold humans in high regard in the first place.
I read this forum mainly because limited space of VC/PMS doesn't let the authors to flesh out the setting - all the innocent bystanders, other bystanders, etc have to be just silhouettes. So this goes well as a fitting metafictional component. Assuming my perception of the genre is correct, that is.
Fionn the Otaku wrote:How was he wrong? He told her they were Vampires of the type that attack humans didn't he.
No, it's whitewashing. Leo said they aren't Twilight bed-head type, that's all.
Fionn the Otaku wrote: As for the rest, the other cheerleaders aren't actually her friends (especially Yuki) considering how much worrying they did over who she replaced,
Non sequitur. Candice was deservedly despised for being dumb. Heather's initial power-drunkness, if we'll believe Suki and common sense, is not unusual, and outside of this, we didn't see any VC having any problem with her. Conversely, we have seen them holding back infuriated Lori for her. More importantly, she have seen it.
Fionn the Otaku wrote: the "waving a stake and prattling" was part of a (admittedly stupid and silly) attempt to make her realize that she had changed in a bad way
Even if so, then what would you expect him to do next? Kill her? Have her lynched? Turn around, go away and pretend nothing happened? :)) Unless you will seriously claim Leo planned to do the latter, it's just that: she goes out with some other guy, now she's "evil and slutty".
Fionn the Otaku wrote:Further more SHE IS A F-ing VAMPIRE as are the others, the threat posed to them by Lenny at the game was practically non-existent.
This only proves that he's delusional, not that he's well-intended in any way. Either that, or hoped to abuse their good will - because otherwise it's kind of obvious that if garlic in his blood changes anything, it shouldn't improve his situation at this point: a vampire who can immobilize him enough to feed could even easier kill or knock out, and there were five of them.
Fionn the Otaku wrote: Her saying don't kill him is basic morality AND is part of the code Lori said her group has to "live" by
Basic morality? I thought you said she's all e-e-evil over? /:) Though it looked like she's genuinely afraid for him after what he said and tried to do.
Fionn the Otaku wrote: not treating him like crap an not letting others push him around on the other hand...
To what degree? Like this or like this?
And why they won't treat him like walking furniture after he made it clear that for him they are just lesser things that have to die? What goes around... y'know?

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

The thing about the 'baby brother' issue, to me, sounded more like teenage flightyness rather than trying to make her parents brood cows. I've known a lot of teens who wanted a little sibling, and Heather was just another example. At most, it shows some selfishness on her part. But there has been no evidence that she was trying to get some human veal or something like that.

As the old saying goes, don't attribute to malice what can be attributed to stupidity...
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

To me, it sounded like a 5-year old kid's "mommy, I want a li'l bro!" request. Only this time the kid can make the request count. Of course, Heather was power-drunk stupid at that time, but the specific symptoms have to depend on her current interests, and her insufficient maturity in part means the responsibility of... :-? Whom, indeed? :-=