13-05-03 [VC] Hug It Out

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

pinkfeathers

Re: 13-05-03 [VC] Hug It Out

Post by pinkfeathers »

SilentChaos87 wrote:I'm just curious what "Multi-chapter" is going to mean. Multiple volumes covering one arc? o_O
I don't think I've seen more than one "chapter" in each volume so far for VC/PMS. The first volume only has one chapter each for the VC and PMS stories in it.

So there will probably be more than just one chapter for the final volume I guess.

GearaDoga

Post by GearaDoga »

I find myself wondering just how the hell Steph plans to make this stick, exactly...

Because with the sole exception of that stake? Steph has lost. Lori is too tough and too powerful to beat in her condition and the stake prodding her heart is all that's stopping her. Move the stake out of position even a little bit, and Lori's got her opportunity - then her only sane course of action is to simply snap all three of Steph's remaining limbs before she has a chance to pull anything else. We've seen her raw power - it would barely take a second, and Steph can't stop her.

Does Steph plan to march her all the way to a PETM holding cell without moving the stake at all, somehow? Is she even able to avoid collapsing from trauma and/or blood loss long enough to do so? Is she really going to leave Charlotte to slowly expire on the floor since she can't make even the slightest move to help her without giving Lori her opening??

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Well with luck Summerfield and Katie are about to wake up... maybe she is stalling for that?

Or maybe even if Lori pretends to give up, her wound to her vulnerable back will keep her from being able to inflict any more damage even once the stake is removed.

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

GearaDoga wrote:I find myself wondering just how the hell Steph plans to make this stick, exactly [...] Does Steph plan to march her all the way to a PETM holding cell without moving the stake at all, somehow?
Maybe she assumes that Lori's word is worth something?
GearaDoga wrote: Is she really going to leave Charlotte to slowly expire on the floor since she can't make even the slightest move to help her without giving Lori her opening??
So far that's what Steph did. Lori gambled on PMS helping each other and lost it.
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood

Fionn the Otaku

Post by Fionn the Otaku »

GearaDoga wrote:I find myself wondering just how the hell Steph plans to make this stick, exactly...

Because with the sole exception of that stake? Steph has lost. Lori is too tough and too powerful to beat in her condition and the stake prodding her heart is all that's stopping her. Move the stake out of position even a little bit, and Lori's got her opportunity - then her only sane course of action is to simply snap all three of Steph's remaining limbs before she has a chance to pull anything else. We've seen her raw power - it would barely take a second, and Steph can't stop her.

Does Steph plan to march her all the way to a PETM holding cell without moving the stake at all, somehow? Is she even able to avoid collapsing from trauma and/or blood loss long enough to do so? Is she really going to leave Charlotte to slowly expire on the floor since she can't make even the slightest move to help her without giving Lori her opening??
She doesn't necessarily have keep holding the stake, the very face that a wooden stake (especially that one) is in her poking her heart may immobilize her or Steph could have Lenny hold it while she gets patched up.

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

An untrained in combat, previous thrall holding a steak to his previous vampiric boss...

Somehow, I don't see that ending well.
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

This relies in Heather going on with weeping and babbling when the one she have to confront is Leo. Somehow, not seeing this. After the previous scene demonstrated the opposite effect - her getting back onto rails when she had to deal with this known variable.
This also relies on Leonard agreeing to participate in this in his current state. And the whole thing not turning into a straightforward hostage situation, Steph being the considerate little charmer she is.

GearaDoga

Post by GearaDoga »

TBeholder wrote:Maybe she assumes that Lori's word is worth something?
I doubt that. Steph isn't much of the trusting sort, especially towards a target who the PMS ambushed and assaulted in order to sell into slavery or the life of a lab rat.

Not to mention the fact that Lori has no sane reason to comply just as soon as the stake isn't a threat. Going along with it means condemning herself and the rest of the vamps after they won the battle.

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

Slavery or the life of a lab rat ? I know we have all been speculating about what PETM actually does but comparing the PMS crew to modern day slavers is a bit of a jump, I think.
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

If even that. Remember, this is Marcy we're dealing with.

GearaDoga

Post by GearaDoga »

Hurbster wrote:Slavery or the life of a lab rat ? I know we have all been speculating about what PETM actually does but comparing the PMS crew to modern day slavers is a bit of a jump, I think.
Eh... To each their own. Me, I see the cryptids disappearing, secret research bases, paramilitary forces, government infiltration, aiding a demonic invasion of Las Vegas and all the other shady stuff? I'm thinking Umbrella Corporation, plain and simple.

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

May well be. On the PMS side it's even more plain and simple, though:
1) find some creatures that fit the bill;
2) catch them;
3) sell them.
How else to call it - "playing Pokemon"?

Stonefoot

Post by Stonefoot »

GearaDoga wrote:Eh... To each their own. Me, I see the cryptids disappearing, secret research bases, paramilitary forces, government infiltration, aiding a demonic invasion of Las Vegas and all the other shady stuff? I'm thinking Umbrella Corporation, plain and simple.
Not, I assume, named Wolfram and Hart. :ymdevil:
A child of 5 could understand this. Fetch me a child of 5.
If you can get to 50 without growing up, you don't have to.
There are very few personal problems which can't be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.