13-04-25 [VC] Just a Flesh Wound

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Fionn the Otaku

Re: 13-04-25 [VC] Just a Flesh Wound

Post by Fionn the Otaku »

TBeholder wrote:I think Stephanie could significantly improve from far less. All she needed is to have a random guy or gal she tried to bully around simply draw a bead at her eye and clearly explain that superhumans with reputation of violently insane waving heavy objects this close are, yes, unwelcome this much. She could stop self-righteous babble and even figure out it's not a kindergarten anymore, things got serious personally for her, and all that. Then she would start thinking what she's doing and how it looks, start to actually heed Maria... but then, she won't get stuck so deep with VCs.
...Pretty much all the "Cryptids" Stephanie has gone after are monsters in more than just the fact that are legendary beasts with a reputation for hurting or killing humans. In fact the Deer Woman, Were-Wolves, The fish man and Vampires are " superhumans with reputation of violently insane" as well as a WELL DESIRVED reputation for being active predators of humanity. Further more Stephanie has never really been shown as all that super human (the hammer was clearly a gag and the cops were unfaized by it) and even if you are right about her reputation that just makes Lori all the more scary as her take down of Steph the bigger more dangerous monster.
TBeholder wrote: As to VCs, well, before now all they had is Lori's vision, which isn't that bad, but isn't a lot either. She's plainly too single-minded to go above "reasonable" in anything other than her goals. Heather slipped first into self-adoring drooling and then compliance, and the rest don't look like they're used to think when they can let someone else do it. Yeah, maybe Lesley could make a second Maria, it just would take a century or so. Now that Heather assigned herself their spokesgirl, if she can pull this one without any bells falling off, Lori may as well see that it's a good idea to let them handle "non-essential" things, i.e. just about anything other than cheerleader action and fighting. Especially fast-thinking and fast-talking.
Given all the damage done by the VC vs PMS fight and what Lenny can reveal no matter what Heather says or tries the Cheer Vamps are not getting out of this with out a metaphorical black eye or two given all that damage done by the fight with PMS, not to mention that Lori is the only one left standing and broke Stephanie's arm so badly.
As for Lori becoming a second Maria... no way! She is to immature, to self centered, to petty and WAAAY to high school for that.

TBeholder
BANNED

Re: 13-04-25 [VC] Just a Flesh Wound

Post by TBeholder »

Fionn the Otaku wrote:...Pretty much all the "Cryptids" Stephanie has gone after are monsters in more than just the fact that are legendary beasts with a reputation for hurting or killing humans. In fact the Deer Woman, Were-Wolves, The fish man and Vampires are " superhumans with reputation of violently insane" as well as a WELL DESIRVED reputation for being active predators of humanity.
You would seriously expect everyone to care about this? Really? You see, Mr. Innsmouth may be scary, yes. We don't know - maybe he minds his own business, but has misfortune to be on the way of the Manifest Destiny, or maybe just OMG-has-gills!gills!!1 (as per Lovecraft) and must go for not being cute enough, or maybe he truly has a habit of eating babies - but it's actually irrelevant in this context. Because scary Mr. Innsmouth with gills swims somewhere far away. Or rather did swim. And the deranged goth girl is here and now. Granted, her fans - Leonard being a prime example of the mental state necessary to admire this refined lady without reservations - are don't mind her style and if Leo is any indication, deserve it anyway, but how exactly do you imagine a reaction of anyone else meeting this sort of a celebrity in the wrong mood?
- Hey, look! That famous ax-crazy maniac approaches me with a threatening look, while brandishing a rusty tool in the general direction of my head! I think it's a good time to do something about it. Wait... I remember now! Aside of incredible stunts and arson this chap is also known for a habit of dismembering other ax-crazy maniacs for the lulz and opportunity to give a lunatic rant while posturing on the corpse... Oh, it's okay then. I won't draw on this dude, nor run away screaming. Let him brandish a rusty tool over my head as much as he wants!
Like this? Or how? =))
Fionn the Otaku wrote: Given all the damage done by the VC vs PMS fight and what Lenny can reveal no matter what Heather says or tries the Cheer Vamps are not getting out of this with out a metaphorical black eye or two given all that damage done by the fight with PMS
Given that they weren't the ones starting it, do you expect anyone in right mind to blame them for the results?
Fionn the Otaku wrote:
TBeholder wrote: Yeah, maybe Lesley could make a second Maria, it just would take a century or so.
As for Lori becoming a second Maria... no way! She is to immature, to self centered, to petty and WAAAY to high school for that.
Reading every word (as opposed to every third) before answering: generally a good idea.
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood