2014-03-30 [VC] Heather Gets a Baby Sister

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Hurbster

Re: 2014-03-30 [VC] Heather Gets a Baby Sister

Post by Hurbster »

Just when I was enjoying the current storyline you pull this bullshit on us. Thanks a fecking bunch. Cannot be justified or excused.
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.

Itrogash

Post by Itrogash »

GearaDoga wrote:Oh, come on. Harmless mischief territory, right here. Bit of a dick move, granted, but still...
I dunno, seemed quite malicious to me. It can look harmless only to vampires, who are used to enthralling people. With that attitude i wouldn't be surprised if Heather fed on her mothers after that, right on the hospital bed.
Not only did she enthralled her parents after they seemed to have forgiven her, not even giving them time to enjoy their new child, now her sister will be brought up by brainless, smiling like psychotics parents. That can't be good. Or safe.
I doubt she has either the ability be that introspective or the empathy to care for the suffering of her parents.
Well, let's not be TOO hard on her. As much as i don't like her, she did show signs of care for Leo (though she didn't do anything about his situation). I believe she would be able to change someday, but only after experiencing consequences of her actions.

dmra

Post by dmra »

I'm hoping this is the set up for an elaborate April Fool's strip tomorrow rather than just a bit of cheap reader trolling.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Tako wrote:The PMS rescued the vampires and took them to heir houses, probably expecting them to have learned their lesson, and later became too distracted with Steph's disappearance to care about the VC anymore. The rest of PETM is in disarray due to their leadership being outed as evil cannibalistic monsters who devoured their charges. The humans in Bakerton, police and hospital's personnel included are all suicidally stupid and probably wish to be enslaved and devoured by monsters, like the rest of the suicidally stupid humans in the Cheerverse.
That may not be entirely the case. There is a whole missing story arc that takes place before Stephanie vanishes that culminates in the PETM base burning to the ground.

It's just hard to believe that the PMS would allow Heather to keep doing this when Katie is going to the same school and is on the same cheerleading team. Heck the very fact that everyone knows they are vampires now should make it harder for them to get away with glamouring anyone (and yet Suki is apparently able to do it with her teachers somehow, but presumably it is a temporary state that keeps suspicions from arising).

I can grudgingly accept the rest of the town being too stupid to keep Heather in line but not Katie, Summerfield and Charlotte, any one of whom should be powerful and smart enough to take her on. Or are we to believe NONE of them cared enough to EVER check on Heather's parents in all these months?

*internet rage* I DEMAND EXPLANATIONS!!! X(

Gargravarr

Post by Gargravarr »

See, this is exactly why I dislike vampires and the idea that in a lot of stories we're for some reason expected to feel sorry for them and regard humans as intolerant jackasses despite vamps usually deserving anything they get. Like how Heather's speech after prom basically amounted to bashing Leonard for not accepting her life choice.
"Additional: Our biggest enemy is going space-crazy through loneliness. The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes."

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

I think we can all agree that the baby has zero chance of turning out normal.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

Tako

Post by Tako »

Her name will be "Snack". Or maybe "Bacon", depending on her taste.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

The kid will be lucky if she turns out alive, let alone healthy...

Clayvman

Post by Clayvman »

I'm hoping the other Vampires have a code when it comes to Newborns and their parents

Tako

Post by Tako »

Lori isn't there anymore, and the others are just like Heather. If they stop her, it will because of a renmant of human decency, not because of some vampire code.

Nightgazer Starlight

Post by Nightgazer Starlight »

You all seem to be forgetting that Heather's parents were about to shove a stake in her heart before Heather's mother had to go to the hospital and give birth there.

"Heather, you're grounded." - translation "Heather we're going to shove this stake in your heart, kill you, and bury your ashes in the ground." means that she was justified.

Otherwise she would have died right there.
---

Signature

My fanfics can be found right here.

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Nightgazer Starlight, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I thought that was just a threat to stop her from glamouring them there and then.
Fun fact: humans can't just 'shove' a stake into anyone's chest. There's a reason why classic vampire-slaying tools include a HAMMER.

It worked, too. The instant all the excitement from birth was over and the anti-vampire tools were gone, it was back to mindwipe city...

Itrogash

Post by Itrogash »

Nightgazer Starlight wrote:You all seem to be forgetting that Heather's parents were about to shove a stake in her heart before Heather's mother had to go to the hospital and give birth there.

"Heather, you're grounded." - translation "Heather we're going to shove this stake in your heart, kill you, and bury your ashes in the ground." means that she was justified.

Oh come on, who wouldn't be a little cranky after having woken up from at least 9 month of enthrallment, not to mention pregnancy? Give them some space.

Or maybe they are Vampire the Masquerade players and thought it would only paralyse her ;)

Tako

Post by Tako »

Nightgazer Starlight wrote:You all seem to be forgetting that Heather's parents were about to shove a stake in her heart before Heather's mother had to go to the hospital and give birth there.

Nobody speaks like that. Nobody says "grounded" when they want to say "killed". Heather's mom said "grounded" and meant "grounded". Or are you claiming that when she said "you are still grounded" in front of four vampires while carrying her newborn baby in her arms she was threatening Heather's life?

And anyways, Heather is a monster who had kept them enslaved and drank their blood, and they had every right to be scared and try to defend themselves. Despite that, they forgave her, and she enslaved them again just to avoid getting grounded. Heather is a heartless monster. If she doesn't like her parents, she should have run with Lori who is kind of her mother too, but she prefers to stay home and use them as slaves and as cattle.

Tython

Post by Tython »

Okay now that my rage has subsided enough for coherent thoughts.
I wish there was a like button for alot of these comments since I agree with them whole heartedly about the current state of Heather and her parents and why the hell we should feel even a little sorry for Heather. Yes she was captured and nearly eaten by a Gorgan which should have made her come to her senses about the world she is apart of hell Lori's whole this is what we are speech should have made her realize some things but nope nothing she is truly a monster if even after all of these experiences she hasn't gotten it through her head that her choices have consequences.