Vampire Cheerleaders Talk

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Locked

User avatar
vampire hunter D
Posts: 3812
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:19 pm
Location: Jasoom

Re: Vampire Cheerleaders Talk

Post by vampire hunter D » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:57 am

So is Stephanie finally on her way back east to track down the Blair Witch?
Pointless arguing is one of the three pillars upon which the Internet is built. The other two are of course cat pictures and porn.

Gotoh
Posts: 3518
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Vampire Cheerleaders Talk

Post by Gotoh » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:03 pm

@vampire hunter D: I doubt Steph cares anymore, all things considered.

User avatar
tau neutrino
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:28 am

Re: Vampire Cheerleaders Talk

Post by tau neutrino » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:50 pm

Gotoh wrote:@vampire hunter D: I doubt Steph cares anymore, all things considered.
I found that part of the ending depressing. (Right "now" she's probably still resisting her fate in Mothworld.)

User avatar
tau neutrino
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:28 am

Re: Vampire Cheerleaders Talk

Post by tau neutrino » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:46 am


User avatar
tau neutrino
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:28 am

Re: Vampire Cheerleaders Talk

Post by tau neutrino » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:02 pm

Happy New Year everyone!

Gotoh
Posts: 3518
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Vampire Cheerleaders Talk

Post by Gotoh » Thu May 18, 2017 3:27 pm

*discussion moved from here.
tau neutrino wrote:it's been 7 centuries in the outside universe, so it wouldn't be soon.
...which is ignoring that the Reptilians had technology that allowed them to move across space-time, which we saw when they attacked the Mothworld directly. So Steph and the Mothmen could have faced total annihilation at any moment.

Also, consider the fact that Leonard and Co. didn't need 7 centuries to reach Steph. They wound up at Mothworld in only a few time jumps and so did the Reptilians, only moments later.

User avatar
tau neutrino
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:28 am

Re: Vampire Cheerleaders Talk

Post by tau neutrino » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:41 am

Here's a RL case of a woman who faked being a teenager to relieve her high school days and become a cheerleader, although her situation ended almost as bad as Lori's.

User avatar
tau neutrino
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:28 am

Re: Vampire Cheerleaders Talk

Post by tau neutrino » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:45 pm

Gotoh wrote:*discussion moved from here.
tau neutrino wrote:it's been 7 centuries in the outside universe, so it wouldn't be soon.
...which is ignoring that the Reptilians had technology that allowed them to move across space-time, which we saw when they attacked the Mothworld directly. So Steph and the Mothmen could have faced total annihilation at any moment.

Also, consider the fact that Leonard and Co. didn't need 7 centuries to reach Steph. They wound up at Mothworld in only a few time jumps and so did the Reptilians, only moments later.
Where are you getting that the Reptilians had technology that allowed them to move across space-time? They could breach the dimensional walls of the pocket universe, but that's not time travel anymore than FTL or a teleporter like the zeta-beam is. (It even says the Mothmen use a zeta-beam in a shout-out to Adam Strange.) Word of God is that the Mothmen don't have time travel powers, and of course they can access their Mothworld. Mothworld has contact with the 27th century of "Admiral Thurston", and when Mothworld was "flung into normal space" (not space-time), Lori and the others expected them at that time. So time is the same for Mothworld and the regular universe, just like Earth-1 and Earth-2, Earth and Asgard, etc. That leads to Fridge Horror when you realize that when Stephanie said she wasted so much time resisting, it's compared to a span of centuries.

Of course Leonard and Co. didn't need seven centuries because they were travelling through time, the Moth egg having powers the regular ones didn't. They went in one case from the 27th century to prehistoric times in an instant, then wound up back there after some more jumps.

Gotoh
Posts: 3518
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Vampire Cheerleaders Talk

Post by Gotoh » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:48 pm

tau neutrino wrote:Where are you getting that the Reptilians had technology that allowed them to move across space-time? They could breach the dimensional walls of the pocket universe, but that's not time travel anymore than FTL or a teleporter
Actually, it is. Teleportation isn't the same moving through physical space.

To use an example: character A gets up and walks from their home and travels halfway across town, taking several hours to get there. Whereas character B simply snaps his fingers and teleports to the same destination (from the same starting point) and is already waiting for character A by the time A finally arrives.

Here's the kicker: B doesn't have to leave at the same time. If he chooses, he could leaves minutes or even an hour after A does and till beat him to their destination, because unlike A, B doesn't have to physically travel that distance. Nor does he need to run/fly/etc. All he has to do is choose a destination, snap his fingers, and he's there instantly; regardless of the physical distance separating them. For him, getting from point A to point B is the same as using a doorway, or a wormhole.
tau neutrino wrote:Word of God is that the Mothmen don't have time travel powers
Then I'd have to ask the same question Tythion did.

User avatar
tau neutrino
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:28 am

Re: Vampire Cheerleaders Talk

Post by tau neutrino » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:26 pm

Gotoh wrote:
tau neutrino wrote:Where are you getting that the Reptilians had technology that allowed them to move across space-time? They could breach the dimensional walls of the pocket universe, but that's not time travel anymore than FTL or a teleporter
Actually, it is. Teleportation isn't the same moving through physical space.

To use an example: character A gets up and walks from their home and travels halfway across town, taking several hours to get there. Whereas character B simply snaps his fingers and teleports to the same destination (from the same starting point) and is already waiting for character A by the time A finally arrives.

Here's the kicker: B doesn't have to leave at the same time. If he chooses, he could leaves minutes or even an hour after A does and till beat him to their destination, because unlike A, B doesn't have to physically travel that distance. Nor does he need to run/fly/etc. All he has to do is choose a destination, snap his fingers, and he's there instantly; regardless of the physical distance separating them. For him, getting from point A to point B is the same as using a doorway, or a wormhole.
That still isn't time travel. I can beat someone to a destination by days if he walks and I take a plane, but It's not time travel. A teleporter can't arrive at a time before he teleported. It's irrelevant to the point though, which is the amount of time Stephanie experienced. Even if the Word of God says the Reptilians could have attacked before, they didn't.
Gotoh wrote:
tau neutrino wrote:Word of God is that the Mothmen don't have time travel powers
Then I'd have to ask the same question Tythion did.
You quoted it yourself. That egg seemed to have powers the regular ones didn't. (Possibly the reason they wanted Steph as their queen.) If the regular moth men had the same powers, they would have just teleported everyone to earth after the first attack.

User avatar
tau neutrino
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:28 am

Re: Vampire Cheerleaders Talk

Post by tau neutrino » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:59 am


User avatar
tau neutrino
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:28 am

Re: Vampire Cheerleaders Talk

Post by tau neutrino » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:20 am


User avatar
tau neutrino
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:28 am

Re: Vampire Cheerleaders Talk

Post by tau neutrino » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:38 am

I asked this on the other thread, but does anyone have an idea about how Peter Summerfield is still alive seven centuries from his birth? Dhampir, let alone someone who's one quarter vampire, aren't described as immortal. So either a cure for aging has been found, he's turned into a vampire, or he's a thrall and it stops aging like ghouls in Vampire: the Masquerade.

Thinking about him, it occurs to me that the main reason he was there on the Eldridge was so the moth men show him to Charlotte and she'd have the hope of seeing her child again, letting her leave him in the first place. (She was a lot more vital to the outcome than he was.) This leads to a loop where he was on the Eldridge because his mother told him about the vision and this was his chance to see her again. Fridge Horror occurs when you consider that he seems to have put his life on hold just to be Lori's aide on the Eldridge at that point. At his age, you'd expect him to be an admiral himself and have a family. He seems to no longer be serving on the Eldridge at the epilogue, but he's still deferential to Lori.

User avatar
tau neutrino
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:28 am

Re: Vampire Cheerleaders Talk

Post by tau neutrino » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:23 am

From www.reddit.com/r/WhiteWolfRPG,
According to the NHS, although the recovery time is very low it takes up to a minimum of 12 weeks for men and 16 weeks for women to replace all of the constituent parts in their blood. Without giving your body time to replenish those constituent parts you can become anaemic or develop an iron deficiency, among other things.

Edit: To clear up some confusion a normal person will replace a unit of blood volume within a day or two and will feel fine, but the constituent parts of the blood such as the erythrocytes, leukocytes, and platelets take much longer.
So contrary to what Lori said and Heather echoed, people aren't as good as new after a bag of chocolate chip cookies.

Locked