VC/PMS/AOI Q&A - Ask your story & art questions here!

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Hodag

Re: VC/PMS Q&A - Ask your story & art questions here!

Post by Hodag »

Adam Arnold wrote:Anyone wanna chime in on this thread?
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=14376
Not really; it came off as a speculative ramble/Heather-Leonard shipper wish list. I like the VC/PMS stories and characters, and I've stated my enjoyment of the comic previously.

Here are my questions (and it may have already been asked);

-what got you to one day go; "Vampire Cheerleaders! Eureeka!" (and not just because "Vampire Majorettes" didn't have quite the same ring ;-) )

-Gorgons with paralysis stare. Clever spin, what gave you the idea of making them "vampire eaters"?

-And my silly question is when the VC/PMS pinup girls calendar is coming out? If the Harrow Sisters are included in one month, you can cover the whole year! :-B

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

-what got you to one day go; "Vampire Cheerleaders! Eureeka!" (and not just because "Vampire Majorettes" didn't have quite the same ring ;-) )
After Aoi House wrapped, spent about two years off and on working on an idea of a supernatural follow-up featuring Stephanie Kane and her sister Katie Kane. It was this "The Girly Ghost Hunters" meets "Scooby-Doo" thing and I wanted to call it Paranormal Mystery Squad. I pitched it with Shiei with some concept art and a full bible for the 2-volume arc. Jason DeAngelis liked it initially, but then the manga market collapsed.

For a while, Jason and I had been tossing around this idea of doing a series about vampires. One of them was this vampire harem idea, but I just didn't want to write another harem as my follow-up to Aoi House. And somewhere along the way, Jason came up with this title... Vampire Cheerleaders. And it got me thinking about other supernatural stuff that could go along with it, and started making plans to do this anthology manga called "VAMPIRE CHEERLEADERS AND OTHER EXPLOITATIVE TALES OF TITILLATING TERROR!" The anthology would have Vampire Cheerleaders as the lead story being done by Shiei and myself along with six other supernatural stories...one of which would've also been Paranormal Mystery Squad in some condensed form.

The costs never made sense, so the anthology part got shelved, but we thought that a book called Vampire Cheerleaders could sell, so we decided to do a Grindhouse-y 2-in-1 manga. Vampire Cheerleaders as the lead story and Paranormal Mystery Squad as the double-feature.

We just didn't expect Borders to die right before we were going to send Vampire Cheerleaders Vol. 1 to the printer, but thanks to Gisele's amazing help, we were able to find a nice home for the series as a webcomic.

-Gorgons with paralysis stare. Clever spin, what gave you the idea of making them "vampire eaters"?
I couldn't have people being turned to stone, so I took the idea that just looking at certain snakes will cause their prey to be frozen with fear. So I took that idea and made it a paralyzing stare. As for the eating part... just made sense, I guess. ^_^;

-And my silly question is when the VC/PMS pinup girls calendar is coming out? If the Harrow Sisters are included in one month, you can cover the whole year! :-B
Ha ha! I'll tell Jason we need to get on that.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

If Heather should still be alive (...ish...) in September, would she still be class president?

(...and speaking of which, about that championship...)

shelfer

Post by shelfer »

i'm so in for a calendar

gman

Post by gman »

To Mr. Arnold

Hello I just want to know if the character Leonard is going to end up with any hot girl in the series that will actually like/love him just for him. Because I can relate to his desire to want to find that special someone and throughout the whole series he has been taken advantaged by among all the VC's, his so called best friend Heather, a girl that has little to no respect at all for him, not even enough for him to not be made into a thrall. At the very least, can we see him finally wake up and smell the coffee and just tell off Heather and make it clear to her that her actions have affected her friendship to him. With that, maybe Heather can finally realize what a terrible friend ( I use that term loosely) she has been and at least be resolved to treat him with more dignity and respect. I am really hoping that Leonard does get true happiness at the end of this series because it would send a very bad message to all those looking for love. With Leonard, he should point out to Heather how he felt about her and point out all he has missed in his life being her yes man, when he could have been out living his life. Instead he wasted it waiting for her to treat him as an equal. That being said I wish for this characters happiness and I speak for every person out there who despise true friends.

gman

Post by gman »

Sorry I meant to say for my last sentence desire true friends.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Re: VC/PMS/AOI Q&A - Ask your story & art questions here!

Post by Ravenhull »

Was that picture Giz did of Lori in the new book ever posted online? And if not, any chance it might be so I can stick it my digital folders?

Looking forward to the epic conclusions. :-bd
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Ravenhull wrote:Was that picture Giz did of Lori in the new book ever posted online? And if not, any chance it might be so I can stick it my digital folders?

Looking forward to the epic conclusions. :-bd
No, it was created just for the book.

I'll have to see what I can do to get it online. Right now, I don't want to delay the start of the next storyline, so I'll probably post it as an omake or something.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

No problem, though if it was deposited on the FB page or such...

I did get a chuckle looking at that one, then flipping the page and seeing Shouri's a bit more innocent looking Lori... :)
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Sasha

Post by Sasha »

Sorry.
Last edited by Sasha on Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Any way, I just wanted to know what the title of the last story arc for VC (if there is one)?
There is a title, but Michael and I are keeping it a secret until it's revealed on the day the page runs. The new pages start running August 12, and you'll find out the full title on August 23.

Also, is the arc taking place before, during or after the rescue from the gorgon at the end of the last arc?
It's after.

shelfer

Post by shelfer »

Adam Arnold wrote:
Any way, I just wanted to know what the title of the last story arc for VC (if there is one)?
There is a title, but Michael and I are keeping it a secret until it's revealed on the day the page runs. The new pages start running August 12, and you'll find out the full title on August 23.

Also, is the arc taking place before, during or after the rescue from the gorgon at the end of the last arc?
It's after.
Can't wait!

Roborat

Post by Roborat »

I am getting confused by the comic wandering PMS has done, and am wondering why the they haven't gone back to their own strip, instead of apparently staying in Vampire Cheerleaders, now that the two crossovers are done? Or maybe thay aren't done? Please dispel my confusion.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Roborat wrote:I am getting confused by the comic wandering PMS has done, and am wondering why the they haven't gone back to their own strip, instead of apparently staying in Vampire Cheerleaders, now that the two crossovers are done? Or maybe thay aren't done? Please dispel my confusion.
Vampire Cheerleaders and Paranormal Mystery Squad started as a double-feature and we merged them into one unified series under the Vampire Cheerleaders name.

The new story that we just started will focus on Leonard, Katie, and one of the Vampire Cheerleaders going on a huge, crazy adventure.

Tython

Post by Tython »

Heather right? ;)