Let's talk about music!

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

TheDude
Resident Redhead

Re: Let's talk about music!

Post by TheDude »

So, we'd have to listen to them on pain of........pain?

(SCNR)
"Time spent in happy delusion is never wasted." Frazz by Jef Mallet

"We fear change." Garth Algar

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

The same.

What's worse, if you don't like them, all is pain.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Erebus

Post by Erebus »

I like to listen to a bunch of metal. My favorite band is Dream Theater (used to be Iron Maiden). I also listen to Blind Guardian, Nightwish, Wolfmother, Black Sabbath, Flight of the Conchords, etc.

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

Nightwish is amazing. Though I lean more towards hardcore with bands like Palehorse and Colin of Arabia. I also like Trivium and All That Remains... although the new album is a little more whiny then I care for.
"If you aren't gonna say exactly how and what you feel, you might as well not say anything at all." ~ Johnny Cash
"Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream." ~ W. C. Fields

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Erebus and I are going to get along very well. *nods sagely*

But we knew that before. ;)

Also, Nightwish were amazing. Now they are a great instrumental band... 8-|
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

We can always pretend we still live in the days of Wishmaster.
"If you aren't gonna say exactly how and what you feel, you might as well not say anything at all." ~ Johnny Cash
"Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream." ~ W. C. Fields

Erebus

Post by Erebus »

Is that some kind of "code" for saying Annette sucks? Are you seriously one of THOSE people?

They are still amazing! I love everything they have done. Of course, Wishmaster is still their best album, but that doesn't mean anything. They are still doing a fantastic job.

It's also how people don't like LaBrie's voice after "Awake." He got some kind of surgery (not sure on the details) so get over it. I still think he has an amazing voice. The band could not be without him. People are just so goddamn picky.

MarkMoriquendi

Post by MarkMoriquendi »

but Erebus.... Annette DOES suck

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

*nods at what Ath said*

On the other hand, I'm still a hug LaBrie fan. ;)
ImageImage

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

I don't think Annette is a bad singer... I just think she gives the band to much of that skanky Evanescence sound

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

I dont really like LaBrie...

I'm more of a LaCheddar or LaGouda fan myself.

run runs away
Last edited by Radbaron on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

I like that skanky Evanescence sound... :|

I have no problem with Anette's voice. I mean, the guys clearly stated early on in their search that they didn't want another Tarja. Their choice could have been much, much worse.

*smacks Rad with the Log of Bad Puns*

BAD! :ymtongue:
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

I'm going to miss the old Oprah stylings... it was always something decidedly classier then the death metal I'm usually listening to.

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

I certainly agree, and I'll never, ever stop listening to Once on a repeated basis, but I'm digging the change.

Besides, as far as I'm concerned, it's Tuomas that makes Nightwish brilliant. If ever he leaves and they somehow keep going (as doubtful as that sounds, you never know...), that's when I'll stop listening.
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

ExplodingJoe: I think the word you are looking for is Opera, not Oprah... =))

LSD: Pffft, you will only stop listening because you miss the hot Finnish man flesh that Tuomas is... :P

I do agree though, he is Nightwish, and instrumentally, the new album is as awesome as any before :D

But I do not dig that "skanky Evanenscence sound" - not to mention that I like Amy Lee much better as well... /:)
ImageImage