Let's talk about music!

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

JTHomeslice

Re: Let's talk about music!

Post by JTHomeslice »

electriceyeonme wrote:Snap, although mine is more Dillinger Escape Plan to Marvin Gaye.
Thanks, it's always nice to meet anyone else into Bowie.
You ...you like DEP? Come here, we are making sex right now.

MarkMoriquendi

Post by MarkMoriquendi »

SACK TRICK! discuss
I PLAY BASS!

electriceyeonme

Post by electriceyeonme »

JTHomeslice wrote:
electriceyeonme wrote:Snap, although mine is more Dillinger Escape Plan to Marvin Gaye.
Thanks, it's always nice to meet anyone else into Bowie.
You ...you like DEP? Come here, we are making sex right now.
:ymhug:

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

Dillenger Escape Plan to Marvin Gaye to David Bowie to Jamiroquai. And I thought I was rather eclectic!

Actually, I've been wanting to investigate David Bowie lately. Where would a n00b such as myself start? :O

Also, I was shown this years ago and only remembered it recently when I was wanting to do some music exploration. It's pretty cool, and I've found some interesting artists this way.

--> Music Map <--
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

My personal choice would be his Ziggy Stardust phase JVD. I quite like Space Oddity.

That music map thing was rather interesting.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

JVD, in 2002 there was a "Best of Bowie" released that was a fairly comprehensive across his career compilation. It hits a lot of his high points and hits. Now, I'm an admitted YouTube addict who adores Bowie, so if I might suggest looking up one of his classic hits (such as Ashes to Ashes, my favorite Bowie tune :D ) and then look at the columns offering other tracks by that artist by the same YouTube channel... as well as "Related Searches", seeing as how Bowie has been on a few different recording labels through the years.

Advanced warning - his videos were always a bit strange and avant garde, so it's not a bad idea to just have them playing in the background with the video aspect minimized for your first listen of many of the songs. Personally, I like the odd artist in him, but it isn't for everyone. ;)
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

electriceyeonme

JVDifferent wrote:Dillenger Escape Plan to Marvin Gaye to David Bowie to Jamiroquai. And I thought I was rather eclectic!
Actually, I've been wanting to investigate David Bowie lately. Where would a n00b such as myself start? :O
I agree with the suggestion of getting the Best Of first. However, if you'd like to go straight into getting an album it would depend on what type of music you prefer. 'Space Oddity' is quite mellow and slightly folky in places. 'Hunky Dory' is a mixture of mellow and rock and has some of his most famous early songs on it ('Life On Mars?', 'Changes', 'Oh, You Pretty Things'). 'The Man Who Sold The World' is pretty classic rock in style. 'Ziggy Stardust/Aladdin Sane' are proper Glam Rock stomps. If you like weirder more electronic things then 'Low' would be best.

Hope we've helped.

Undisclosed

Post by Undisclosed »

electriceyeonme wrote::)
What's the other half Undisclosed?
All that other artists that I like that people seriously never heard of or invoke a head scratch/tilt combo.
ImageThis signature is very pointless for you to be looking at.Image

electriceyeonme

That makes me want to know even more :P

Yen sid

Post by Yen sid »

Hmm, I like old school stuff like Marvin gaye but I'm into rock. My favorite bands is Queen, queen of the stone age, Mad season, sugarcult, blind guardian, LUDO, Panic. at the disco, nickleback and other bands. :P
"Curse you, Teen Titans!" Impulse/Bart Allen

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Points the thread at Joel Plasket Emergency , a rock band that just put out a triple CD. 27 songs all at once. Paul McCartney even had him as an opening act.

http://www.joelplaskett.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6McNDpS ... re=related
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Undisclosed

Post by Undisclosed »

I want to know if anyone here listens to the Chris Moyles show ( BBC Radio 1 yo),and if so,where the heck can I find downloads for the Nana Window remixes and Waterproof? Because I have issues.
ImageThis signature is very pointless for you to be looking at.Image

MarkMoriquendi

Post by MarkMoriquendi »

you know one of these days i'm going to put up a list of bands that YOU MUST LISTEN TO, ON PAIN OF DEATH

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Pain and Death both belong into that category, yes, sir!!! ;)
Last edited by Don Alexander on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

MarkMoriquendi

Post by MarkMoriquendi »

well maybe not death, but one of my mechadendrites does have a probe which could lead to a lot of pain