Farthingale

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

thaldin

Farthingale

Post by thaldin »

As some of us know, a former board member and still friend to those of us that have been around for a while, Farthingale, lost her husband.

I don't know the details other than he drowned.

Right now, Ro (Farth) doesn't know how she's going to get by financially. I talked to Bear and cleared this, so here goes...

THIS IS 100% VOLUNTARY!

But, if you have a little to spare, I'm just trying to help out someone who needs it that we have called a friend.

Ok, having just tried this, her PayPal account can only send, not receive. Does anyone have any ideas how we can make this work?

-- edit -- Below does not work =(
If you have a PayPal account, you can send a Personal Gift payment to "farthingale@gmail.com" (please be aware that some international fees may apply).
-- edit --

We've talked about helping get forumites dresses and cameras and such.... I think this is just the natural extension of our family and community here. I know some things happened and she doesn't frequent the boards, but like any good dysfunctional family, we come together when the times get rough.

-Ed / Thaldin (Keeper of Malamutes)

edit - Ha... my 1000th post... I can't think of a more fitting way to hit 1000 than to help a friend!

TheDude
Resident Redhead

Re: Farthingale

Post by TheDude »

Hmm, I got the message that users in South Africa can only send money via paypal but not receive it. This doesn't look as if we can do much about it.
Perhaps, one of the mods might be able to collect the paypal donations and then send the sum to farthingale by money order?
"Time spent in happy delusion is never wasted." Frazz by Jef Mallet

"We fear change." Garth Algar

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Dang, I'm still pretty tight this month, and probably next month too (paying back money I borrowed to pay my 1550 Euros health insurance bill this month, grumble...).

We need more millionaires to join the forum.

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: to all of our dysfunctional family.

I'll see if I can help. But if there is one thing I have noticed, then it's that many of us are not really so well off. :(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

That's why I want to make sure it's completely voluntary and no one should feel obligated. We are looking into other ways to make this work.

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

If there's any way at all to get it to her, I'd be more than happy to help her out. I certainly have some cash I can spare for a friend.
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

If Paypal doesn't work then there aren't too many good ways of sending money=/. I know, as Romania was in the same state not too long ago. Western Union is one of the few money transfer things that worked around here, but the comission is so huge that it's not worth sending the money.
Though I cast a vote for someone to raise the money and send it to her.
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

mail the money?
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Pretty damn risky... :-s

No, I think some kind of electronic transfer would be appropriate...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

Money order should work.
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

I have the bank information if anyone wants to wire something.

Just IM me and I will send it.

Otaku201
BANNED

Post by Otaku201 »

Paypal sucks *****. Now if this is official, I know a better company that doesn't care about what country you live in.

Swayambhu
Booby Bunny

Post by Swayambhu »

Good Lord, she lost her husband?

How awful. I'm so, so sorry to hear that.

I wish I could help. But I'm in a bit of a hole myself, taking care of my mother and looking for a job.

I do hope Farthingale the best though. I really, really do.
ImageImage