Canadian women

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Bear
BANNED

Re: Canadian women

Post by Bear »

Actually, where I'm from in Lancashire England is meant to have the most neutral accent in that we don't have one at all. lol. Everywhere else in teh country you can tell where they're from by the accent, but here, no-body knows. lol.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

You're kidding. :shock: I know 2 people from Lancashire (One's from somewhere near Bolton, the other is from Bacup, near Bury), and they both have THICK accents!

Chester is the most neutral accent for a region I've come across. I guess mine's not too dissimilar from theirs.

Dave Zero1

Post by Dave Zero1 »

Phoenix wrote: That's true. And I love their accents. And they have maple syrup. That says perfect to me! :D
You should try the two together. ;)

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Dave Zero1 wrote:
Phoenix wrote: That's true. And I love their accents. And they have maple syrup. That says perfect to me! :D
You should try the two together. ;)
Given the chance...!

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Phoenix wrote:You're kidding. :shock: I know 2 people from Lancashire (One's from somewhere near Bolton, the other is from Bacup, near Bury), and they both have THICK accents!

Chester is the most neutral accent for a region I've come across. I guess mine's not too dissimilar from theirs.
Visit Blackpool. True Blackpoolites have no accent at all. ;)

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Bear wrote:
Phoenix wrote:You're kidding. :shock: I know 2 people from Lancashire (One's from somewhere near Bolton, the other is from Bacup, near Bury), and they both have THICK accents!

The poor man's Vegas :P They have accents. They sound like farmers!

Arantor

Post by Arantor »

I've been told that I don't have much of an accent either (and I used to deal with people from all over the country) - I'm from Sussex, in the south of England. And just for variety, my partner originally comes from the West Midlands.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Phoenix wrote:The poor man's Vegas :P They have accents. They sound like farmers!
Nope thats the immigrants and tourists. Not the true born and bred there people.

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Phoenix wrote:
Bear wrote:

The poor man's Vegas :P They have accents. They sound like farmers!
You're all wrong. You've all got accents. I, however, have no discernable accent at all. I'm from New Orleans. :D ;) :lol:
Further affiant sayeth not.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Arantor wrote:I've been told that I don't have much of an accent either (and I used to deal with people from all over the country) - I'm from Sussex, in the south of England. And just for variety, my partner originally comes from the West Midlands.
Is he/she a brummie? :P "Buuuurming'um". I hate that accent so so much. My 2nd worst accent of all time (after scouse). My friend lives in Brighton, (That's Sussex, I think?) and is originally from Wales, so the two have counterbalanced and she just sounds posh now :P
Pneumonica wrote:You're all wrong. You've all got accents. I, however, have no discernable accent at all. I'm from New Orleans. :D ;) :lol:
One of few southern USA accents that I find attractive, actually. Most just make them sound slow.

Arantor

Post by Arantor »

Phoenix wrote:
Arantor wrote:I've been told that I don't have much of an accent either (and I used to deal with people from all over the country) - I'm from Sussex, in the south of England. And just for variety, my partner originally comes from the West Midlands.
Is he/she a brummie? :P "Buuuurming'um". I hate that accent so so much. My 2nd worst accent of all time (after scouse). My friend lives in Brighton, (That's Sussex, I think?) and is originally from Wales, so the two have counterbalanced and she just sounds posh now :P

She's not particularly Brummie, actually, more of a lilt from being in the area. As for me, I'm about 10 miles north of Brighton so yeah, that's the one.

A Sussex/Wales balance? Could be interesting...