The Society For the Appreciation of Matt and Dillon

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Dryope

The Society For the Appreciation of Matt and Dillon

Post by Dryope »

Because we needed a thread devoted to the cutest, most hilarious, splendiferously wonderful *cough*onlyestablished*cough* couple of MA3. ^_~
Now let their praises be sung from the highest mountains! O! Let us count the ways they have lended us theories for discussion! May the firmament echo with the sound of our adoration.

Mostly I just wanted to talk about how awesome they are somewhere the haters can ignore me. >.>

This thread in no way is meant to imply I don't also like the other characters. I do in fact adore Zii and Didi and the landlady and Lita. Matt and Dillon just really struck a chord with me. *^_^*
ImageImage

njbarsuli13

Re: The Society For the Appreciation of Matt and Dillon

Post by njbarsuli13 »

I would like to be the first to say that the first strip definitely hooked me immediately. Kudos goes to Giz and Dave for such a brilliant hooker (no...not that kind of hooker).

Not to say I wouldn't have read it otherwise, (because I absolutely love Gisèle's work...which I've probably stated about fifty times now on this forum) but it was definitely extremely entertaining. I immediately fell in love with Matt, and Dillon reminds me so much of a friend of mine.

The two of them are simply adorable together!

Yay!

Dryope

Post by Dryope »

They are adorable! Dillon is so enthusiastic and care-free. I imagine Matt tempers some of Dillon's outrageous behaviour (Matt may be quiet but he's shown he'll stand up to Dillon: see butter) and that Dillon helps rid Matt of those annoying inhibitions. Which means of course they're perfect for each other. *sheer speculation*

Although Dillon dresses more conservatively than Matt from what little we've seen thus far. I wonder if that's just because of his job or if he just likes dressing that way? I wonder what sort of careers they have. And what sort of games they played with Gary. And how they met Gary. They must have some nerdy tendencies, anyway. >.> Man, I shouldn't spend this kind of time speculating about the lives of background characters in an online comic. But they seem so real.
I immediately fell in love with Matt

Ahahaha, Matt is hawt. And apparently mostly goes along with what Dillon wants. Both of these things = win (If you're Dillon. Uhhh, sorry, Gary.)
ImageImage

njbarsuli13

Post by njbarsuli13 »

Dryope wrote:They are adorable! Dillon is so enthusiastic and care-free. I imagine Matt tempers some of Dillon's outrageous behaviour (Matt may be quiet but he's shown he'll stand up to Dillon: see butter) and that Dillon helps rid Matt of those annoying inhibitions. Which means of course they're perfect for each other. *sheer speculation*
I definitely could not have laughed louder at the "butter" comment. Oh man...that was soooo bad. Hahahahaha. I can honestly say I've never even heard of using butter for anything like that...

Anyway, I would agree. They basically "complete" each other (at risk of sounding like a complete cliché).
Dryope wrote:I wonder what sort of careers they have. And what sort of games they played with Gary. And how they met Gary. They must have some nerdy tendencies, anyway. >.> Man, I shouldn't spend this kind of time speculating about the lives of background characters in an online comic. But they seem so real.
I definitely wonder all of the same things!

And I really hope Giz and Dave don't forget about them, and that they will eventually explain these things (especially how they met Gary).

Love!

Dryope

Post by Dryope »

I can honestly say I've never even heard of using butter for anything like that...
I'm really sad to say that I've heard of using all sorts of things for that purpose...~_~ Matt's face in that last panel was pretty amusing, though. Man, I am glad that's never happened to me.

They do complete each other! It would be awkward if Dillon dated his clone. I mean, not only because they'd cause mischief or because Dillon needs someone to keep him in check, but also because I can't help but envisioning serious power struggles. >_< And MattXMatt wouldn't have an easy time, either! He needs a Dillon to balance out his thinker-type personality. (although he seems more even-keeled so it might work a little better)

Okay, yeah, how am I getting these things from so few scenes? I don't know, either. Maybe I'm transposing people I know onto them. ^_^; It's kinda fun to think about, though.

How they met Gary is definitely the number one thing I am curious about! Did they all go to college together? Were they in a DnD group or LARP or something? o_o Also: Who hit on who first? Dillon seems to be the more aggressive but that doesn't mean Matt couldn't have made the first move. And dating someone in secrecy is really hard, I have such a hard time imagining that nobody knew. ^_^; Especially since Dillon seems like the type who'd want everyone to know.

Maybe these questions will be answered in canon... or maybe someone should just write a nice fanfiction. Volunteers?
ImageImage

njbarsuli13

Post by njbarsuli13 »

Oh man...I would totally prefer them answered in canon...

And I'm not saying I haven't heard of using other things for that purpose...just not specifically butter...

Hahaha...although I guess I can see how it would work...

Dryope

Post by Dryope »

XD Don't get me wrong, I'd rather they were answered in canon, too. Also I don't write fanfic (or read it, really.) I just kinda like saying things because they sound good to me at the time? o_o

I would much rather use butter on food, myself. Dillon is more adventurous than I am, to be sure! But that's why he''s the role model and I'm the star-struck fan.
ImageImage

njbarsuli13

Post by njbarsuli13 »

Hahaha, I don't write/read fanfic either, which is partly why I was slightly worried. I much prefer the real thing, you know?

And as for the butter, I am in complete agreement with you there. Butter is for food. Sorry, Dillon, but...I'm gonna have to pass on that this time around. Maybe next time? (I would totally just keep saying that so that I could keep having the sex without the messy repercussions).

Anywho...why are we the only two people discussing the greatness that is Matt and Dillon? There should exist more fans of these amazing (fictional) human beings!

Dryope

Post by Dryope »

Every now and again a friend will pass me a link to some fanfic or other with "You've got to read this because of X" and I'll read it. But I won't just seek it out on my own. If some future SFAMD member decides to write a fanfic I will read it to support the fandom. Yup.
(I would totally just keep saying that so that I could keep having the sex without the messy repercussions).
lmao awww, poor Dillon, doesn't get to have his butter. Waitaminute....you've figured out how to have sex without messy repurcussions?! Dangit, I always have to end up washing sheets immediately afterwards. o_o I figured it was just naturally messy no matter what.

YEAH, why ARE we the only two people? That ain't right. That ain't right at all. Let's go out into the wide forums and convert people.
ImageImage

njbarsuli13

Post by njbarsuli13 »

Hahaha...usually, we just use tissues...but we also try to make sure it lands in places easier to clean up, you know? (Oh man...it's so strange talking about my sex life on a public forum).

And yay! SFAMD conversions!

MerchManDan
Nerd-At-Large (Mostly Harmless)

Post by MerchManDan »

Just for the record, I've nothing against Matt & Dillon; I merely prefer women. Women who have nothing against males; they merely prefer women. Curvey, innocent, cutely-accented women.....
...uh, sorry. My mind wandered.
Operator of The Penultimate Darkness Pit: Gift Store of the Cavey Cave of Elderly Elders
Exclusive and Singular Seller of The OmniFork!
Fen wrote:Because sometimes one cult is not enough.
Another helpful emoticon: Image Courtesy of yiraheerai

njbarsuli13

Post by njbarsuli13 »

Hahaha...of course, MerchManDan.

However, I believe anyone can appreciate the awesomeness that is Matt and Dillon, even if they are not your favorite characters. Either way, they are still awesome and hilarious.

Or...perhaps I'm wrong?

michi-no

Post by michi-no »

When I saw this forum topic I thought to myself, "Gods, It's about time!"

What I don't understand is why more people haven't been posting in here!

Matt and Dillon may be background characters, but they're nothing if not characters!
And I love the way they interact. They started off the comic with a bang (ha! literally~) and then they
get sent packing... =( Makes me sad. I certainly hope we see more of them in the future!

In the mean time I definitely support SFAMD! :D

njbarsuli13

Post by njbarsuli13 »

Hurray for the new supporter!

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

As mentioned in the Q&A thread, Matt and Dillon are part of the cast and will be back :)