other web comics?

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

electricv01

Re: other web comics?

Post by electricv01 »

My fav webcomic is Sequential Art by Phillip Jackson. http://www.collectedcurios.com/
Ma3 has become my second fav after just a few days of discovering it! =O
I also read PVP, Penny Arcade, VGcats regularly, and tons of others when I remember to go to their pages. =P You all have listed so many to try, I dunno when I will have time to visit them all and catch up!!
"I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from..." - Spike Spiegel
http://electricvinyl.deviantart.com

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

You shall do fine here amongst us.
Hell felt the same exact way first time (After a 3 month of lurking) by far Fan Art is the only area I dig the most; Rarely, if ever, get that excited over an artist not employed by a known publishing company global selling a comic or manga; Female artist that I dig Shilin, Gisele Legace' ...Again rare!

VGCATS Rule!

Alan "Watchman" More

Webcomic of choice: Image
Last edited by oni on Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.

MerchManDan
Nerd-At-Large (Mostly Harmless)

Post by MerchManDan »

HOLY JEEZ YOU GUYS!!!!
I totally forgot to mention this two weeks ago: Scene Language is updating again!!
Go read it! GO GO GOOOOOO!!!!
Operator of The Penultimate Darkness Pit: Gift Store of the Cavey Cave of Elderly Elders
Exclusive and Singular Seller of The OmniFork!
Fen wrote:Because sometimes one cult is not enough.
Another helpful emoticon: Image Courtesy of yiraheerai

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

Sweet looking comic!
OMFG Who ever read "GHOST WORLD" HAHAHA this was rather humorous sadly too short.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I did not read ALL posts down to the last detail, but is it possible this one has not been mentioned yet:

User Friendly!!!!

Further reads (several of which don't seem to have been posted yet either):

Badly Drawn Kitties (is decent now, the old archive is awesome)
Dilbert (classic, but clearly belongs in the "used to be better" category)
ICHC (ummm... not really a webcomic :oops: Me <3 kittehs! ;) )
Ma3 (figures)
Nemi in english translation: http://www.metro.co.uk/nemi (Especially for metalheads, goths and misanthropes :twisted: )
Out There (Seems not to have been mentioned yet? Should appeal to the Ma3 crowd)
Piled Higher and Deeper (The Truth...)
Sunday At Ten (thanks to the Ma3 Introduce Yourself thread)
Two Lumps (Kittehs...)
UNSPEAKABLE VAULT (of Doom) (Utter win if you are a Lovecraft fan with humor, otherwise probably too full of insiders)
xkcd (of course)

Stuff I've read completely that's either finished or hardly ever updates any more:

Marry Me
Sexy Losers
No Pink Ponies

Gosh, my list is SHORT!! Some people who have posted here seem to do nothing but read web comics. :D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

Don Alexander wrote:I did not read ALL posts down to the last detail, but is it possible this one has not been mentioned yet:

User Friendly!!!!

Further reads (several of which don't seem to have been posted yet either):

Badly Drawn Kitties (is decent now, the old archive is awesome)
Dilbert (classic, but clearly belongs in the "used to be better" category)
ICHC (ummm... not really a webcomic :oops: Me <3 kittehs! ;) )
Ma3 (figures)
Nemi in english translation: http://www.metro.co.uk/nemi (Especially for metalheads, goths and misanthropes :twisted: )
Out There (Seems not to have been mentioned yet? Should appeal to the Ma3 crowd)
Piled Higher and Deeper (The Truth...)
Sunday At Ten (thanks to the Ma3 Introduce Yourself thread)
Two Lumps (Kittehs...)
UNSPEAKABLE VAULT (of Doom) (Utter win if you are a Lovecraft fan with humor, otherwise probably too full of insiders)
xkcd (of course)

Stuff I've read completely that's either finished or hardly ever updates any more:

Marry Me
Sexy Losers
No Pink Ponies

Gosh, my list is SHORT!! Some people who have posted here seem to do nothing but read web comics. :D

Marry Me --Only one worth the read He ever written/produced!
Sexy Losers -- Read it if you browse old threads ripped on into him literally only because he is the man, ma3 guest strip he did made him ask for it.
No Pink Ponies -- Would you be so kind, willing to provide link (Few previously mentionied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

oni wrote:No Pink Ponies -- Would you be so kind, willing to provide link (Few previously mentionied)[/color]
http://nopinkponies.com

Alas, has been almost at a standstill this year, even now that Marry Me is finished. :(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

Don Alexander wrote:
oni wrote:No Pink Ponies -- Would you be so kind, willing to provide link (Few previously mentionied)[/color]
http://nopinkponies.com

Alas, has been almost at a standstill this year, even now that Marry Me is finished. :(
Eisu should be working for Image, running his own comic 'stead of freelancing about fir-chump change.

the.urban.rabbit

Post by the.urban.rabbit »

good lord, so many. From A to Z:

Bear Nuts
Candi
DMFA
Drowtales
Devil's Panties
Dreamland chronicles
Earthsong Saga
El Goonish Shive
Flaky Pastry
Fans
Fey Winds
Friendly hostility
Girl Genius
Grim Tales
Marry Me
Menage A 3 (obviously)
No Need for Bushido
No Pink Ponies
Namir Deiter
Penny and Aggie
Perry Bible fellowship (before it stopped updating)
Something Positive
Sinfest
Something Happens
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
Sugar Bits
Two Lumps
Wapsi Square
Wulffmorgenthaler]
Zebra Girl

And somehow I manage to follow each individual storyline.

That Guy

Post by That Guy »

Scary Go Round
Slice-of-Life with supernatural twists. Unique artstyle that quickly grows on you. Characters are fantastically bizarre and yet easy to relate to. Updates Monday to Friday.

Blackbird
Fantasy Manga. Fantastic Artwork. An excellently thought-out world and story. Updates about once weekly, usually around Wednesday.

Alpha Shade
Fantasy/Sci-Fi. Also has a very distinguishable artstyle. The world and plot in this one is quite convoluted, so it may take a few re-reads to fully understand everything, but it's quite captivating nonetheless. Updates are irregular, but often enough.

Gone with the Blastwave
A Post-Apocalyptic Comedy. The art is absolutely insane. And the jokes are quite funny. Updates are quite rare, however.

Penny & Aggie
Fer those who haven't read this already, this one is also made by Giz. So you already know how awesome the art is.
High School Drama. Empathetic characters and a delightfully intense emotional roller-coaster. Updates Monday, Wednesday, Friday. (And fer the record- I fucking LOVE Aggie. I'd marry her if it weren't fer the fact she ain't real).

Cool Cat Studios
Slice-of-Life. Also by Giz. This one is wonderfully bizarre. The main characters are quickly joined in by a Goth/Punk Lesbian, A psychic, A Musclewoman, Spirits from other dimensions, and Aliens. A fun read. A few explicit scenes (though nothing distasteful). And can pull on the heartstrings pretty strongly. The Story is completed.

Those are some that I highly recommend. There's a bunch more, but most of them have been mentioned at least once already.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

My comics are at my delicious site http://delicious.com/asaryu/comic

I don't know if any of them haven't been mentioned...but they are the ones I read regularly. :D
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

almost all the webcomics ive been watching are here. with a small review.

Gastro Phobia - mother and son! Both barbarians trying to make a living in a tough world..well..trying at least..

by David McGuire

more stuff by him

Concerned A half life 2 based comic about Gordon Frohman. You heard me, F.R.O.H.M.A.N. Watch as he preludes all of Freemans steps! Leading to many a familiar scenario and event if you've played half life 2. And even then its hilarious.

by Christopher C. Livingston

Gunnerkrigg Court About a girl called Annie, her friends and all those around them in Gunnerkrigg Court, an on campus school which actually looks like theres more to it...and there is.

by Tom Siddel

Doctor McNinja He's a Doctor! Born to a family of ruthless ninja's! From ireland! See his bizzare adventures and inner turmoil as he heals the ill and slaughters the healthy with the same hands!

by Chris Hastings [inked by Kent Archer [my god what a NAME! I want it!] ]

Girly! - The story of a lonely gal who finds love and adventure as the side kick of the eccentric Winter

by Josh Lesnick.

Las Lindas - A world of humans and Primes, anthropomorphic beings who live together on Neo Earth. But we're only concerned about a small corner of neo earth, a farm called Las Lindas and those who come to live there and be family.

By Chalo [artist and head], soulkat and ID_fox [writers] [screw real names]

Venus Envy Trials and tribulations of a medically transexual boy who attempts to match her body to what his mind as been since birth and live live and get through school.

By Erin Lindsey

Daisy is Dead Daisy begins to experience adventure and truly begins to live life! after she dies...

By Lindsay Smith

Dresdon Codak Theres more to life than just whats at face value. Let us go deeper and discover the gears and cogs of existance as only our limited minds can! And let reality unravel at the prospects of doing so!

By Aeron Diaz

Anders Loves Maria - Of two people, the lives who revolve around them and who they revolve around right back in return.

by Rene Engstrom

Kate Beaton! Wielding her pen with a natural flare!

by...oh hell you know.

Pawn An explorer and the demoness she seeks to master! But the cave she's assigned to guard has other plans...

by Fredrik Andersson

Dawn of Time by Michael Stearns!

The mighty reptillian fish crawls onto the land! taking its first deep breaths after millenia of evolution! Too bad it meets its quick end many a time thanks to it being a bit late in race. Theres dino's! and brainless cavewomen! and time travelers from the industrial age!

Red string by Gina Biggs

Ah the drama of youth in Japan! Love, friends, parents, rivalry, deception, people old and new, loss, new found hope and the coming of age. And the fight for ones own path in life and the conflict that follows.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

Moving on to new lurking grounds. Have fun, folks.

The Triumvirate

Post by The Triumvirate »

I am pretty fond of

Ctrl+Alt+Del
VG Cats
Cartridge
Most of the stuff on the SNAFU site
Press Start to Play
The Adventures of Dr. McNinja
F@nboy$

Anything else I've been into either sucks now or has ended.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, well.

I'm just reading CCS. Decent fun, though a bit meandering... (Dracs? Aliens?? Though the Drac was awesome! WANT! :D )

But I see there's a "Don" in the comic too!! :ymparty: And he's 31 as well... "Ancient." :(( But he is way cooler then me... I'm no one's Sesnsei... :(

Edit: YOU DISGUSTING OLD MAN! I like it!!! :D

Edit #2: Well, finished it. The last part is the best, espcially because the artwork has matured. Tony is a hunk of love!!! @-)

Though I prefer Ma3 - a lot. CCS, toward the end, was a story, but hardly had any jokes.

But muuuuuch more sex!!! :D :D :D
ImageImage