Menage a 3 - Vol 1 : Discussion

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Mythiene

Re: Menage a 3 - Vol 1 - pre-orders

Post by Mythiene »

Man, I really want the collector’s edition! Signed by Giz and Dave... that sounds like the best thing ever to me (even if they didn’t sign it by hand, which seems likely). But I don’t know if my mother will allow it, due to the pin-ups. She’s pretty lax (she lets me read this comic...) but maybe that’s pushing it a little.

Even worse, she was about to file for bankruptcy. She’s upset with me about wanting the collector’s edition because we have no money to buy it with, especially before May 31st. Everything’s for necessities like groceries or hiring that plumber to come and fix our bathroom.

Why, Giz and Dave? Why are you being so mean to me? :(( If it wasn’t available only as a preorder I’d be able to get it sooner or later.
“They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night...” — Edgar Allan Poe

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Mythiene,

If you really just want a signed book, because of your mother, feel free to email me with your contact info and I can let you choose the donation button to pay for the book (unless of course you were wanting to send a money order.)

Avistew

Post by Avistew »

I'm curious about the specifications.

Ma3 is, obviously, a strip comic, not a page comic. How is the layout in the print version? How many strips per page, for instance?
The fact that it's over 170 pages long makes it sound like there is one strip per page, but then, how does it work, is it bound on the small end rather than the big one? If not, is there something else on the pages?

I'm just curious, you know how it is, I like holding a book and looking at how it is before I buy it, and of course it's harder when you order online so I like to visualise...

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

It's manga size (5 x 7.5) with the first half stacked about the second half, like this: http://www.giselelagace.com/gisele_gallery_09.html (note: there are 2 pages at this link)
So 1 strip per page. I actually draw the pages comic book style (vertical) and then split them for the web to avoid scrolling.

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

If the panels on the webpage were as large as those in that preview Giz, I for one would not mind scrolling at all!
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

JMac85 wrote:Damn you! Why'd this have to happen when I'm broke? :(
I'm counting on Giz to send me one for free out of loyalty. I've been reading since the third strip.

:D
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

brnleague99 wrote:
I'm counting on Giz to send me one for free out of loyalty. I've been reading since the third strip.

Heh. I’m sure she’s hoping you’ll buy one out of loyalty. She’s been drawing them since the first strip. :P
I think outside the tesseract.

CaliforniaDave

Post by CaliforniaDave »

Ordered mine last night.

It was a choice between this and getting the Pinocchio DVD.

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

It was the old man, in the woodshop, with a knife...
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

CaliforniaDave

Post by CaliforniaDave »

Radbaron wrote:It was the old man, in the woodshop, with a knife...
Oh sure - spoil it for me!

Mythiene

Post by Mythiene »

Giz wrote:If you really just want a signed book, because of your mother, feel free to email me with your contact info and I can let you choose the donation button to pay for the book (unless of course you were wanting to send a money order.)
That’s sweet of you, Giz. I’m actually really impressed that you’d do that for one of your readers.

I talked to my mom though, and she seems to be okay with the pin-ups thing, so I think I’ll be able to order one soon. Yay! :x

I hope you spend those royalties (or whatever you get) on something nice! I like to think you’ll put my mother’s hard-earned money to good use. ;)
“They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night...” — Edgar Allan Poe

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Good to hear, Mythiene. :)

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

Retiarius wrote:
brnleague99 wrote:

Heh. I’m sure she’s hoping you’ll buy one out of loyalty. She’s been drawing them since the first strip. :P
Logic, no! My heralded foe! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.

noahkai

Post by noahkai »

I had to get the collector's edition, I'm willing to pay that much for it! :D

Paul
Location: Humble hewn-from-a-small-cliff living quarters deep in Mink Hollow

Post by Paul »

Heh. Got my Collectors' Edition ordered.