Astrology!

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Astrology!

Post by LadySheDevil »

I've always had a fascination with astrology and numerology, even if I don't entirely believe in it. (I believe more in coincidence than positions of the planets and stars telling us what to do.)

This thread is mostly for fun, and because I'm a curious sort. :) I'll supply links and give examples in the form of my own results. :D

And if you feel like debating the validity of any of this... By all means, go ahead. But please remember to do it in a civilized manner!

There's a few kinds of astrology that I've looked into, as well as numerology. Here's some linkage:
Western Astrology
Chinese Astrology
Egyptian Astrology (Yeah, Egyptian. Pretty nifty!)
Numerology
(If you know of any more, feel free to inform me. I'll post any links you find up here as well!

Western:
Cancer:
Your element: Water
Your ruling planets: The Moon
Symbol: The Crab
Your stone: Moonstone (that one can be debatable. I always thought it was Emerald.)
Life Pursuit: Constant reassurance and intimacy
Vibration: Moody
Cancer's Secret Desire: To feel safe (emotionally, spiritually, romantically and financially)
Description:
Those born under the sign of Cancer, ruled by the mysterious Moon, are one of the zodiac's enigmas. It is fair to say that most Cancers are a bundle of contradictions. Compassionate and caring with friends, family and lovers, yet they can cut to the bone with their jealous remarks and ever-changing moods. Endearingly eccentric on one hand, and on the other, insecure about how others see them. Like their astrological symbol - the Crab - Cancers can appear hard and insensitive on the outside. However, for those of us who know and love a "Moon Child", we understand that deep below lies a softness and sensitivity that makes them so very special...
Just as the Moon goes through many changes as it moves from its new to full phases, Cancers too go through many new and full phases of experience. Life doesn't stand still for this sign, even if they remain in one place, because they live so much in their internal oceans of emotions. Their link with the Moon often makes it impossible for them to operate on an even keel from day to day. Up and down like the proverbial yo-yo, most Cancerians feel one way one minute, then sometimes totally different the next. But this characteristic is part of their charm.
Love and romance matter more than anything else to this sign (but this occasionally shares first place with having lots of money in the bank). No other sign romances better, equally though, no sign takes it so badly when romance turns sour either. But with their changeable natures Cancerians are fascinating, mysterious, stimulating and extremely alluring. This sign is one of the most magic of all and once their magic has reached you, they are the most beguiling companions. After all, isn't the Moon the most talked about and romantic galactic identity?

Chinese:
Wood Rat:
The socially adept Rat possesses charisma, charm, intelligence, and the ability to verbally exchange their eclectic knowledge. Sociable and romantic with complex emotions, those born into this 1st sign of the Eastern zodiac form deep emotional ties with others. The always thrifty Rat, counts their pennies and knows how to spot a bargain. Impatient with those of slower wit or actions, this soul needs a bright partner willing to lend an ear with a good sense of humor. The talkative Rat is also a natural writer and critic with an eye for details. High-strung, curious, and ever alert to their environment, the essence of this curious and intellectual sign is 'concealment'. Rats gather strength during the midnight hours they rule, between 11:00pm - 1:00am.
The nature of Wood is to expand. Wood symbolizes imagination, creativity, and idealism. Its moderate nature is devoted to goodwill, charm and beauty. People born under this element possess high moral ethics; and show exceptional self-confidence. Wood natives understand the value of things and their interests are expansive and eclectic. The expansive nature of Wood, (Much as the great Sequoia tree in the northwest) brings cooperation and an ability to do things on a grand scale. Progressive thinking and generosity allow those influenced by the Wood element to develop large projects and leadership ventures. The proclivity of Wood is to move upward and outward, and to penetrate through. The Wood element brings authority, compassion and natural presence to each of the signs. Wood's physical organs are the Liver and gallbladder; it's flavor is acidic/tart. Wood's color is Green and corresponds to the season of Spring and wind.

Egyptian:
Anubis:
History:
Anubis, God of death and the afterlife presided over the mummification ceremonies. He watched over the passing of the dead, judging their souls and assuring their protection, nourishing them and bringing peace.
He embalmed Osiris.
His name means "jackal" and he is often represented as a jackal or wild dog, with pointed ears and sharp snout.
Character:
Despite yourself, you're a bit of a paradox. You crave solitude, while cultivating your passion for others. Mysterious and full of secrets, you prefer the shade to the light, anonymity to popularity which has made you a discreet person. You are liked for your extraordinary sensitivity and loyalty at any cost, which comes with huge honesty towards yourself and others. An idealist, this overflow of emotion has brought about some huge disappointments in your life, but they have had no lasting effect. This has brought out your fatalistic side and maybe even a manic-depressive temperament, but you are able to control this instability by finding your own solutions to problems that arise.
You are naturally drawn to human resources, medicine and teaching as careers, particularly excelling in the field of psychology, due to your deep understanding of the subconscious world.
Your delicate nature sometimes leaves you emotionally vulnerable and the slightest upset can send you reeling and unable to make decisions. Old wounds never really heal, which makes it hard for you to open up enough to find your soul mate.
This is why you are so careful when it comes to choosing a partner, making doubly sure that you have mutual respect and confidence in one another.

Numerology
Chantelle M _ _ _ _ B _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (Heh. W00t for secrecy. :p)
There are 22 letters in your name.
Those 22 letters total to 91
There are 9 vowels and 13 consonants in your name.

What your first name means:
French Female Singer. To sing. Song.

Your number is: 1

The characteristics of #1 are: Initiating action, pioneering, leading, independent, attaining, individual.

The expression or destiny for #1:
A number 1 Expression denotes the skilled executive with keen administrative capabilities. You must develop the capacity to be a fine leader, sales executive, or promoter. You have the tools to become an original person with a creative approach to problem solving, and a penchant for initiating action. Someone may have to follow behind you to handle the details, but you know how to get things going and make things happen. You have a good mind and the ability to use it for your advancement. Because of these factors, you have much potential for achievement and financial rewards. Frequently, this expression belongs to one running a business or striving to achieve a level of accomplishment on ones talents and efforts. You have little need for much supervision, preferring to act on your own with little restraint. You are both ambitious and determined. Self-confident and self-reliant must be yours, as you develop a strong unyielding will and the courage of your convictions.
Although you fear loneliness, you want to be left alone. You fear routine and being in a rut. You often jump the gun because you are afraid of being left behind.
The negative attributes of the 1 Expression are egotism and a self-centered approach to life. This is an aggressive number and if it is over-emphasized it is very hard to live with. You do not have to be overly aggressive to fulfill your destiny. The 1 has a natural instinct to dominate and to be the boss; adhering to the concept of being number One. Again, you do not have to dominate and destroy in order to lead and manage.

Your Soul Urge number is: 6

A Soul Urge number of 6 means:
With a number 6 Soul Urge, you would like to be appreciated for your ability to handle responsibility. Your home and family are likely to be a strong focus for you, perhaps the strongest focus of your life. Friendship, love, and affection are high on your list of priorities for a happy life. You have a lot of diplomatic tendencies in your makeup, as you a able to rectify and balance situations with an innate skill. You like working with people rather than by yourself. It is extremely important for you to have harmony in your environment at all times.
The positive side of the 6 Soul Urge produces a huge capacity for responsibility; you are always there and ready to assume more than your share of the load. If you possess positive 6 Soul Urges and express them, you are known for your generosity, understanding and deep sympathetic attitude. Strong 6 energy is very giving of love, affection, and emotional support. You may have the inclination to teach or serve your community in other idealistic ways. You have natural abilities to help people. You are also likely to have artistic and creative leanings.
If you have an over-supply of 6 energy in your makeup, you may express some of the negative traits common to this number. With such a strong sympathetic attitude, it is easy to become too emotional. Sometimes the desires to render help can be over done, and it can become interfering and an attitude that is too protective, rather than helpful. The person with too much 6 energy often finds that people tend to take advantage of this very giving spirit. You may tend to repress your own needs so that you can cater to the demands from others. At times, there may be a tendency in this, for becoming over-loaded with such demands, and as a result become resentful.

Your Inner Dream number is: 4

An Inner Dream number of 4 means:
You dream of being a very solid citizen that people can depend upon. You strive for organization and predictable order. You want to be recognized as a person with a plan and the discipline to make that plan work like clockwork.

As far as whether or not any of these sum me up at all, to me, all of these are about 99.9% accurate... *nods* Now it's your turn! :p
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Re: Astrology!

Post by Kamino Neko »

Skipped the Numerology, because it's even more ridiculous to my mind than astrology.

Anyway...For the Western astrological system, I'm a Capricorn (my birthday is tomorrow!)

Your element: Earth
Your ruling planets: Saturn
Symbol: The Goat
Your stone: Garnet
Life Pursuit: To be proud of their achievements
Vibration: Poweful resilient energy
Capricorn Secret Desire: to be admired by their family and friends and the world at large

(Skipped the big paragraph...)

For the Eastern, I'm a Fire Dragon.

The powerful Dragon is the physically healthy, sentimental visionary of the Chinese zodiac. Outspoken, lucky and financially fortunate, Dragons show boundless energy and vitality. <snip>

The nature of Fire is to spread, and to urge outcome, to resolve. Fire manifests and expresses in the natural rhythm of the heart, which pulsates the blood. The Fire element will multiply the individual signs energies. <snip>

And, by the Egyptian, apparently I am under Amon-Ra.

Born under the sign of Amon-Ra, you are one of a kind, with plenty of charisma. You have a silver tongue and can easily convince others of your point of view and with a little effort, can have them eating out of your hand. <snip>

Aside from the capsule for Capricorn, all utter nonsense in my case. (Well...'sentimental visionary' fits, I suppose.)
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Ithilion

Post by Ithilion »

DISCLAIMER: I do not and never did believe in any of that....

with that out of the way, here is mine

Chinese: Metal Monkey
Egyptian:Mout
Western:Virgo

Numbers:
You entered: S. M.

There are 14 letters in your name.
Those 14 letters total to 62
There are 5 vowels and 9 consonants in your name.

Your number is: 8

The characteristics of #8 are: Practical endeavors, status oriented, power-seeking, high-material goals.

The expression or destiny for #8:
Your Expression is represented by the number 8. The 8 Expression is well-equipped in a managerial sense. You have outstanding organizational and administrative capabilities. You have the potential for considerable achievement in business or other powerful positions. You can expect to receive the financial and material rewards. You have the skill and abilities to establish or operate a business with great efficiency. You have good judgment when it comes to money and commercial matters, and you understand how to build and accumulate material wealth. Much of your success (or lack of it) may come due to your ability (or inability) to judge character. With the number 8 Expression, you exercise sound judgment in most of your affairs; you are realistic and practical in your approach to business matters.

The positive 8 Expression produces individuals that are very ambitious and goal-oriented. If the 8 energy is not in excess in your makeup, you will no doubt express these traits to some extent. No one has any more energy that a person with the 8 Expression who has a plan laid and is starting to work. No one has any more self-confidence, either. If you are expressing the positive qualities of 8, you are an outstanding manager because you can plan, initiate, and complete projects; you are very dependable and determined.

As it always happens, there can be too much of a good thing. If you have too much of the 8 energy in your makeup, you may express some of the negative attitudes. A negative 8 can be very rigid and stubborn. Ambition sometimes has a way of becoming over-ambition, and you may express an unreasonable impatience with the lack of progress. If your negative side is showing, you may be too exacting, both of yourself and of others. Sometimes this can even becomes a case of intolerance.

The number 8 is very materialistic and also very desirous of status and power. Neither of these drives are inherently negative unless they are taken to an extreme. You must avoid the tendency to strain after money, material matters, status, or power, to the detriment of the other important factors in your life.

Your Soul Urge number is: 8

A Soul Urge number of 8 means:
With an 8 soul urge, you have a natural flair for big business and the challenges imposed by the commercial world. Power, status and success are very important to you. You have strong urges to supervise, organize and lead. Material desires are also very pronounced. You have good executive abilities, and with these, confidence, energy and ambition.

Your mind is analytical and judgment sound; you're a good judge of material values and also human character. Self-controlled, you rarely let emotions cloud judgment. You are somewhat of an organizer at heart, and you like to keep those beneath you organized and on a proper track. This is a personality that wants to lead, not follow. You want to be known for your planning ability and solid judgment.

The negative aspects of the 8 soul urge are the often dominating and exacting attitude. You may have a tendency to be very rigid, sometimes stubborn.

Your Inner Dream number is: 9

An Inner Dream number of 9 means:
You dream of being creative, intellectual, and universal; the selfless humanitarian. You understand the needy and want to help them. You would love to be a person people count on for support and advice.
Cave Elder: Keeper of the Garden, Zen Master of Shadows

Member of the Dream Team

You are suffering from delusions of adequacy.

Morwen

Post by Morwen »

Never believed any of those things, but here we go:

Chinese: Water Dog (told you guys i was a bitch)
Egyptian: Geb
Western: Leo

Numerology:
You entered: (only one of the 8 possible transliterations)

There are 14 letters in your name.
Those 14 letters total to 75
There are 9 vowels and 5 consonants in your name.

Russian Female Shining light. Variant of Helen.
Greek Female Light.

Your number is: 3

The characteristics of #3 are: Expression, verbalization, socialization, the arts, the joy of living.

The expression or destiny for #3:
An Expression of 3 produces a quest for destiny with words along a variety of lines that may include writing, speaking, singing, acting or teaching; our entertainers, writers, litigators, teachers, salesmen, and composers. You also have the destiny to sell yourself or sell just about any product that comes along. You are imaginative in your presentation, and you may have creative talents in the arts, although these are more likely to be latent. You are an optimistic person that seems ever enthusiastic about life and living. You are friendly, loving and social, and people like you because you are charming and such a good conversationalist. Your ability to communicate may often inspire others. It is your role in life to inspire and motivate; to raise the spirits of those around you.

The negative side of number 3 Expression is superficiality. You may tend to scatter your forces and simply be too easygoing. It is advisable for the negative 3 to avoid dwelling on trivial matters, especially gossip.

With an 8 soul urge, you have a natural flair for big business and the challenges imposed by the commercial world. Power, status and success are very important to you. You have strong urges to supervise, organize and lead. Material desires are also very pronounced. You have good executive abilities, and with these, confidence, energy and ambition.

Your mind is analytical and judgment sound; you're a good judge of material values and also human character. Self-controlled, you rarely let emotions cloud judgment. You are somewhat of an organizer at heart, and you like to keep those beneath you organized and on a proper track. This is a personality that wants to lead, not follow. You want to be known for your planning ability and solid judgment.

The negative aspects of the 8 soul urge are the often dominating and exacting attitude. You may have a tendency to be very rigid, sometimes stubborn.

Your Inner Dream number is: 22

An Inner Dream number of 22 means:
You dream of being a master organizer and a builder of monumental projects; of guiding a truly huge endeavor. Your secret fantasy is to think big and imagine what could be done for the world. You may also dream of the huge rewards.
Shadow Apprentice and proud member of the Dream Team
ignorance is bliss? ...no, its just annoying

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I am taking a break and rewarding myself with delicious cherries and frivolity.

Western: Gemini on the cusp of Taurus
Chinese: Wood Ox
Egyptian: Anubis

Numerology: I have highlighted the things that I think apply to me, just for shits and giggles.
You entered: ALB (take that, google!)

There are 19 letters in your name.
Those 19 letters total to 84
There are 9 vowels and 10 consonants in your name.

Latin Female Variant of Alice.

Your number is: 3

The characteristics of #3 are: Expression, verbalization, socialization, the arts, the joy of living.

The expression or destiny for #3:
An Expression of 3 produces a quest for destiny with words along a variety of lines that may include writing, speaking, singing, acting or teaching; our entertainers, writers, litigators, teachers, salesmen, and composers. You also have the destiny to sell yourself or sell just about any product that comes along. You are imaginative in your presentation, and you may have creative talents in the arts, although these are more likely to be latent. You are an optimistic person that seems ever enthusiastic about life and living. You are friendly, loving and social, and people like you because you are charming and such a good conversationalist. Your ability to communicate may often inspire others. It is your role in life to inspire and motivate; to raise the spirits of those around you.

The negative side of number 3 Expression is superficiality. You may tend to scatter your forces and simply be too easygoing. It is advisable for the negative 3 to avoid dwelling on trivial matters, especially gossip.

Your Soul Urge number is:

A Soul Urge number of 9 means:

With a 9 Soul Urge, you want to give to others, usually in a humanitarian or philanthropic manner. You are highly motivated to give friendship, affection and love. And you are generous in giving of your knowledge and experience. You have very sharing urges, and you are likely to have a great deal to share. Your concern for others makes you a very sympathetic and generous person with a sensitive and compassionate nature.

You are able to view life in very broad and intuitive terms.
You often express high ideals and an inspirational approach to life. If you are able to fully realize the potential of your motivation, you will be a very self-sacrificing person who is able to give freely without being concerned about any return or reward.

As with all human beings, you are prone to sometimes express the negative attitudes inherent to your Soul Urges. You may become too sensitive and tend to express emotions strongly at times. There can be significant conflict between higher aims and personal ambitions. You may resent the idea of giving all of the time and, in fact, if there is too much 9 energy in your nature you may reject the idea. You may often be disappointed in the lack of perfection in yourself and others.

Your Inner Dream number is: 3

An Inner Dream number of 3 means:

You dream of artistic expression; writing, painting, music. You would seek to more freely express your inner feeling and obtain more enjoyment from life. You also dream of being more popular, likable, and appreciated.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I don't believe in any sort of astrology, simply for the reason it depicts that everything works by fate. While I believe the some things are inevitable, to think that my entire life is guided out by the stars and planets or whatever basically means that my life is pointless as everything I do I was destined to, which just reads as I have no free will to make any choices or decisions as those choices and desicions have already been made for me.

That said, I have had a passing interest in the mythology surrounding various astrologies and methods of predicting the future...

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I look at these things as a more didactic version of tarot cards. It's like a window that you can use to look at an aspect of your life or the way you do things in general. I don't believe it has an impact beyond what I allow it to. It's just an interesting perspective to take into consideration when making decisions, and provides an alternative way of looking at life. It also allows you to look at how you see things as well..but that's like meta-tarot. I look at the tarot cards to give myself perspective, and I end up reflecting on why I would attribute that particular meaning to the card, and what it signifies about who I am and where I am in life.

Tee hee...meta-tarot.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I'm not a believer either (noticing a trend here?), but:

Western

Scorpio

Your element: Water

Your ruling planets: Pluto

Symbol: The Scorpion

Your stone: Topaz

Life Pursuit: To survive against all opposition

Vibration: Resilient

Scorpio's Secret Desire: To triumph

Description:
Reputed to be the "most powerful" sign of the zodiac, Scorpios lead fate filled lives and have intense and dramatic personal relationships. Even as children Scorpios are often found to be wise beyond their years. Many astrologers call this the sign of the "oldest souls". Old and wise beyond the average, Scorpios often know all the answers, except sometimes; they too often have difficulty finding what they need to develop their own happiness.

Passion, desire and power go hand in hand for Scorpios. Their biggest challenge and test in life is choosing between the power of love and the love of power. Coming to grips with their extraordinary emotional depths and sensitivity isn't easy for those around them. They are different from all other zodiac signs and this difference has them walking, working and loving to a different beat. Others can often live with a Scorpio partner for years, but not really know them. Much to do with a Scorpio remains ever secret. Their eyes often blaze with feelings that words never express, and beware on the days or nights they hide their feelings behind dark glasses, there is likely to be a storm of some kind brewing. When you deal with a Scorpio you have to always deal with them on a psychic intuitive level. They often wear a mask. Too often they say "no" when they really mean "yes". They have contrary natures. Once they find true love they can be the most faithful dedicated of all partners but fall out badly with a Scorpio and you are likely to find they will never forget or forgive.

Most Scorpios are winners. The main thing they have to worry about is their attitudes, which make up their mind powers and can either make or break them. When they are negative about something or someone, or critical of themselves, they can tend to get in their own way.

Scorpios operate on three levels of soul evolvement; adding up to three distinctively different types of Scorpios. The first level is the Scorpion. This is the least evolved and most drawn toward using their powers the wrong way. The criminal element of Scorpio comes under this level. Then there is the eagle - the highflying, entrepreneurial, successful Scorpio, who seems able to rise above adversity and transform bad-times into good. Then the highest expression of this sign is the Phoenix Resurrected. These Scorpios are detached and extremely powerful. They are wise beyond their years and act as leaders and are an inspiration to others. Quite frequently a Scorpio goes through the three levels of evolvement in one lifetime - but the levels can operate out of sequence.

Chinese

You were born in a Year of the Fire Cat!

The well-mannered Rabbit/Cat is diplomatic, easygoing, refined, and a devoted friend. Detached and aloof, the Rabbit flees personal upheaval and disruption. These souls excel in the fine arts, and are highly creative. Well grounded and ever virtuous, Rabbits shun risk and emotional entanglements, choosing security, and quiet stability. Business partners extraordinare, peaceful and contented Rabbits possesses quiet sensuality and the gift of self-preservation. Sensitive and easily hurt, the private Rabbit keeps their own council and is highly sought after for their advice. The ethical Rabbit needs a loving and unselfish partner who makes very little demands on their time and privacy. Cats gather strength during the breaking dawn hours they rule, between 5:00am - 7:00am.

The nature of Fire is to spread, and to urge outcome, to resolve. Fire manifests and expresses in the natural rhythm of the heart, which pulsates the blood. The Fire element will multiply the individual signs energies. Those born into a year ruled by the Fire element, will display above average qualities of leadership, passion and dynamic aggression. Fire element people are doers, and attract others with their fervour and radiance. The Fire element arouses, changes, and converts. For those of the Fire element, their brand of flame may be a mystical spark. The Fire element imparts much energy and can cause each sign to be impatient in pursuit of goals. Fire is rapid, and can also consume the persons energies, to relax and respect your body's natural rhythms. Fire element persons, no matter what their calling, will always remain fiercely individualistic. Fire's physical organs are the Heart and Small intestine; it's flavour is Bitter. Fires colour is Red and corresponds to the season of Summer and heat.

Egyptian

History:
Sekhmet, meaning "power", was the goddess of war and quarrels. She caused droughts, famines and was generally at the root of human unhappiness.
She started epidemics of disease, but also had the power to cure all illnesses, and would protect doctors and magicians. Her positive side is often likened to that of Bastet.

She is represented as a lioness, or a woman in a long tunic with the head of a lion.
She was worshipped in Memphis.

Character:
You are passionate, intransigent and proud in many ways, with a sturdy character. This doesn't always win you friends, even though you are often indulgent towards others. You rarely make mistakes, in fact you can be quite hard towards others. You rarely make mistakes, exercising enormous self-control.
Behind a rather proud front, lies an honest, sensitive, careful person, who is searching for recognition and does not tolerate betrayal.

Attracted by the legal profession, in which you can give your observation skills, intelligence and work ethic free rein, you make sound judgements. People tread carefully so as not to cross you or rub you up the wrong way, even though your uncommunicative, undemonstrative attitude leaves a lot to be desired.
You are also gifted in business.
A perfectionist from tip to toe, you are never satisfied. A little flexibility and imagination and less self-criticism would free you from the pressure which you put on yourself, preventing you from realising your deepest desires.

See, you can take various parts of any horoscope and make it fit. For example, most of the Scorpio one is true. But the Chinese Cat/Rabbit one is false, yet the fire is true. The Egyptian one is good in bits, and completely wrong in others. Just goes to show you how far coincidence can go.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

I find that there are some interesting truths to my astrologies, but beyond that it's an interesting concept and it's neat where it fits, I really don't give it much credit.

Western: http://www.psychicguild.com/horoscopes_ ... gn=Scorpio

Chinese: http://www.chineseastrology.com/?page=asiansign

Egyptian: http://www.sofeminine.co.uk/astro/05ast ... 9&MoisN=11

Numerology: http://www.paulsadowski.com/NameData.asp

Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

Aries
Your element: Fire
Your ruling planets: Mars
Symbol: The Ram
Your stone: Ruby (bleh my birthstone is diamond!)
Life Pursuit: The thrill of the moment
Vibration: Enthusiastic
Aries Secret Desire: To lead the way for others.

Description:
Aries are fire signs and those born under this element are regarded in astrology as adventurous, active and outgoing. It won't matter where you go or how remote or unusual it is - from the Outback to the Antarctic - you can be sure that an Aries has been there before you (or at the very least you will meet one along the way!) Aries is a uniquely naive sign. Although they are independent, outgoing and assertive they are also surprisingly trusting, often innocently walking into the lion's den at times. No matter what upheaval, challenge or triumph they confront - an Aries has a wonderful ability to bounce back. Their faith in life and the future remains untouched by hardship. Their gift is that they are always children at heart and the world is always a magical place for them. Many famous sports people are born under this sign. Aries is regarded as the most physical sign and because of its Mar's rulership; it is also one of the most highly charged masculine energy signs in astrology. No wonder women born under Aries are forceful, dynamic and aggressive, and as a result these Aries women frequently find themselves with dilemmas surrounding their romantic relationships. For them, a man has to be a 'real man' to deal with an Aries woman, otherwise she intimidates him. And conversely for the Aries male, a woman has to be a real woman to deal with him, because he is looking for many balancing component traits (his true feminine side) in his partner. She has to run the gamut in his support system, from the Aries man's best friend, true companion, through to his muse, and yet she must never ever answer him back!

You were born in a Year of the Wood Tiger!

The Tiger is the restless, adventurous, and always courageous risk-taker of the Chinese zodiac. With a sense of "empowered entitlement," nobility and humanitarian causes appeal to the generous Tiger. These souls are tenderhearted, and affectionate with their friends and family, yet self-reliant and fiercely independent. This is the most unpredictable of the 12 signs, blessed with charm, nerve and grand ideas. Tigers flash brilliantly through life sometimes without caution for their own security. Fearless, enthusiastic, and optimistic, the passionate Tiger is an unconventional, yet most humanitarian soul. The noble Tiger needs a sexy, exciting partner who forever remains a challenge, and gather their legendary strength during the pre-dawn hours they rule, between 3:00am - 5:00am.

The nature of Wood is to expand. Wood symbolizes imagination, creativity, and idealism. Its moderate nature is devoted to goodwill, charm and beauty. People born under this element possess high moral ethics; and show exceptional self-confidence. Wood natives understand the value of things and their interests are expansive and eclectic. The expansive nature of Wood, (Much as the great Sequoia tree in the northwest) brings cooperation and an ability to do things on a grand scale. Progressive thinking and generosity allow those influenced by the Wood element to develop large projects and leadership ventures. The proclivity of Wood is to move upward and outward, and to penetrate through. The Wood element brings authority, compassion and natural presence to each of the signs. Wood's physical organs are the Liver and gallbladder; it's flavor is acidic/tart. Wood's color is Green and corresponds to the season of Spring and wind.

THOT

History:
As god of wisdom and writing, Thot was Osiris' advisor and protector of Horus. He appears as a man or baboon, with the head of an ibis wearing a crescent moon.

He was idolised as the god of words and mathematics and considered as scribe of the gods, who also measured time and protected all writers. Through his mastery of hieroglyphics, he also held a strong influence over the magicians. He was also said to govern astrologers, accountants and warriors.

Character:
Thanks to your curious and entrepreneurial nature, you tend to have a strong interest in the strange and bizarre. Your fighter's soul pushes you to explore your limits without straying too far from what is important to you, remaining lucid and modest to a fault.
Wide awake and alert, you spend time on the fundamental things in life which brings you much joy and happiness. Without a calculating bone in your body, your generosity equals your honesty. You can easily get people on side to support your cause and are blessed with a natural authority which means that people fall into step beside without you having to lift a finger.
Your commitment and talent for instructing are formidable tools, which you use to convince the most daunting of characters of your point of view. Respect for words is very important to you, something that you would never compromise.
You know how to carry your marvellous qualities over into your emotional life, for the benefit of your partner and family. You are a born teacher or researcher, but with you anything is possible - maybe teaching, but in an unexpected area or subject. Or perhaps research into an unconventional idea…

You entered: Edward D Abshire Jr
There are 16 letters in your name.
Those 16 letters total to 77
There are 5 vowels and 11 consonants in your name.

What your first name means:Shakespearean Male 'King Richard III' Edward IV. Also Edward, Prince of Wales, king's son and later Edward V. 'Henry IV, 1 & 2' Edward Poins, an irregular humorist. Also the son of Richard Plantagenet. 'King Henry VI, Part III' Edward, Prince of Wales, Henry VI's son.
German Male Strong as a boar.
English Male Wealthy guardian. From the Old English name Eadweard, meaning rich or happy, and guardian. Famous bearer: King Edward the Elder, son of Alfred the Great; Edward VIII, who abdicated in 1936 to be with the divorced woman he loved.
Anglo-Saxon Male Guardian.

Your number is: 5

The characteristics of #5 are: Expansiveness, visionary, adventure, the constructive use of freedom.

The expression or destiny for #5:
The number 5 Expression endows with the wonderful characteristic of multi-talents and versatility. You can do so many things well. The tone of the number 5 is constructive freedom, and in your drive to attain this freedom, you will likely be the master of adaptability and change. You are good at presenting ideas and knowing how to approach people to get what you want. Naturally, this gives you an edge in any sort of selling game and spells easy success when it comes to working with people in most jobs. Your popularity may lead you toward some form of entertainment or amusement. Whatever you do, you are clever, analytical, and a very quick thinker.

If there is too much of the 5 energy in your makeup, you may express some the negative attitudes of the number. Your restless and impatient attitude may keep you from staying with any project for too long. Sometimes you can be rather erratic and scatter yourself and your energies. You have a hard time keeping regular office hours and maintaining any sort of a routine. You tend to react strongly if you sense that your freedom of speech or action is being impaired or restricted in any way. As clever as you are, you may have a tendency to make the same mistakes over and over again because much of your response is glib reaction rather that thoughtful application. You are in a continuous state of flux brought by constantly changing interests.

Your Soul Urge number is: 3

A Soul Urge number of 3 means:
With the Soul Urge number 3 your desire in life is personal expression, and generally enjoying life to its fullest. You want to participate in an active social life and enjoy a large circle of friends. You want to be in the limelight, expressing your artistic or intellectual talents. Word skills may be your thing; speaking, writing, acting, singing. In a positive sense, the 3 energy is friendly, outgoing and always very social.

You have a decidedly upbeat attitude that is rarely discouraged; a good mental and emotional balance.

The 3 Soul Urge gives intuitive insight, thus, very high creative and inspirational tendencies. The truly outstanding trait shown by the 3 Soul Urge is that of self-expression, regardless of the field of endeavor.

On the negative side, you may at times become too easygoing and too optimistic, tending to scatter forces and accomplish very little. Often, the excessive 3 energy produces non-stop talkers. Everyone has faults, but the 3 soul urge doesn't appreciate having these pointed out.

Your Inner Dream number is: 11

An Inner Dream number of 11 means:
You dream of casting the light of illumination; of being the true idealist. You secretly believe there is more to life than we can know or prove, and you would like to be provider of the 'word' from on high.

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

Sagittarius:
Your element: Fire

Your ruling planets: Jupiter

Symbol: The Archer

Your stone: Turquoise

Life Pursuit: To live the good life

Vibration: Overly expressive - frequent burnouts

Sagittarian's Secret Desire: To make a difference in the world

What's in store for your love life this month? Find out with a Jennifer Angel Love & Romance Forecast Horoscope!
Description:
Ruled by the benefic planet Jupiter, Sagittarians possess a natural exuberance, sense of adventure and love of life that makes them one of the most optimistic zodiac signs of all. Like their astrological symbol - the Archer - Sagittarians are renowned for aiming their sights towards whatever it is they find alluring - a love partner, dream job, vacation - and making it their own. They believe that anything is possible - and because of this belief system, Sagittarians are adept at seeking out their very own pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

But sometimes trying to tie down these free-spirited individuals is frustrating for those around them. Sagittarians are happiest on the move - exploring new cultures and ideas and many are attracted to occupations related to travel, the media, outdoor work and philosophical pursuits. In love, their catch-cry is "don't fence me in". But once they find a partner who understands their need to retain their own sense of self and identity, Sagittarians can be the most big-hearted, generous and fun-loving companions of all.

Freedom loving, optimistic and honest, Sagittarians are ruled by Jupiter, the planet of abundance and higher learning. The wisdom of Jupiter imbibes Sagittarians with an inherent need to develop their own unique philosophy of life. The Centaur is their astrological symbol, and it gives many insights into the Sagittarian personality. The higher-evolved Sagittarian learns to integrate the two ends of the Centaur (half-human, half-beast) in order for their arrow (another Sagittarian symbol) of higher aspirations to be more on the mark. Although they are intellectually and spiritually advanced, Sagittarians are notorious for their lack of tact. In relationships they demand independence, but when in love, it can't be denied that they are one of the most big-hearted signs of the zodiac.

You were born in a Year of the Metal Goat!

The Goats are the artists in temperament and in character. These changeable free spirits, love social gatherings, stimulating conversation, and interesting people. "Propriety" and a beautiful environment are important to their souls. Gentle in spirit, Goats desire a peaceful spot to exist undisturbed and un-obligated. Creative, sensitive and kind, those souls born into Goat years are warmhearted, disorganized, and extremely vulnerable. They are capricious, work when least expected to, and are never reached by being pressured or by a heavy hand. This 8th position in the zodiac is intelligent, sometimes insecure, and generous to a fault. This good Samaritan has a soft heart towards those less fortunate whether a homeless puppy or a needy friend, and needs a strong partner able to take the reins and handle their usually fortunate finances. Goats gather strength during their own early afternoon hours, between 1:00pm - 3:00pm.

The Metal element symbolizes clarity, purity and precision. The power of Metal is to delineate and define. Metal element persons create structure, create the surface of matters, and interface with the outside world. This element adds rigidity to an individual sign. Those born into the Metal element are guided by powerful feelings and will seek their goals with unwavering allegiance, chaste & tendency to speak candidly/bluntly. Much strength of will, and fluency of speech characterize those born into the Metal element. Metal is 'set' and determinedly fixed. Metal element persons must learn to compromise, not always insisting on their own way, as they will always have a strong effect on all whom they come into contact with. The Metal element shores-up an individual sign and is not deterred by calamity, hindrance or loss. The Metal element holds in position each individual sign by serving as a foundation and base. Metal element souls prefer to sort out and solve their own problems and do not appreciate interference or unsolicited advice. The Metal element imparts strong monetary instincts to the individual sign, with extra ability to save for a rainy day. The Metal element possesses a fine-tuned intuition regarding finances and speculative investments of all kinds. This is the element of the solitary entrepreneur. The physical organs of Metal are the lungs and the large intestines; its flavor is pungent. Metal's color is White and corresponds to the season of Autumn and dry.

Osiris:

History:
Osiris one of the great Egyptian divinities. By marrying his sister, Isis, to reign over Egypt and bring civilisation, he drove his brother Seth, who reigned over the desert, mad with jealousy. Seth set a trap for him, hoping to kill him, but Isis brought him back to life.

This rebirth makes Osiris the symbol of fertility and growth and the Lord of the Other Side. God of the Dead, he spoke to men about themselves, their lives and deaths and made sure that humans survived into the Afterlife. Osiris symbolises renewal and eternal life.

Character:
Your curious nature pushes towards new experiences, which tend to be spontaneous or out of the ordinary. You have faith in life and confidence in yourself, which doesn't let you down. You live each moment of your existence intensely, without fear of failing, because for you, there is always a way to bounce back and embark on even more enriching adventures. Nothing is fixed in your life, everything is constantly developing, and you along with it. However, you are not immune to disappointment, often born of your frenzied optimism, despite your efforts to be discerning. Indifference is not a word in your vocabulary, which can put obstacles in your path and cause self-doubt to surface from time to time. You are characterised by both strength and fragility, which ead you by the nose.
Passionate and altruistic, you always see things through to the end, sometimes going too far and denying yourself the opportunities which are within your grasp. Your friendships are solid, which is more than can be said for your romantic relationships.

Your Name:
There are 17 letters in your name.
Those 17 letters total to 83
There are 7 vowels and 10 consonants in your name.

Muslim Female Variant of Sara: Pure. Happy.
Hebrew Female Princess. In the Bible, Sarah was the wife of Abraham and mother of Isaac. Her name was originally Sarai (quarrelsome), but God commanded that her name be changed to Sarah before the birth of her son.
Biblical Female Lady; princess; princess of the multitude

Your number is: 11

The characteristics of #11 are: High spiritual plane, intuitive, illumination, idealist, a dreamer.

The expression or destiny for #11:
Your Expression number is 11. The number 11 is the first of the master numbers. It is associated with idealistic concepts and rather spiritual issues. Accordingly, it is a number with potentials that are somewhat more difficult to live up to. You have the capacity to be inspirational, and the ability to lead merely by your own example. An inborn inner strength and awareness can make you an excellent teacher, social worker, philosopher, or advisor. No matter what area of work you pursue, you are very aware and sensitive to the highest sense of your environment. Your intuition is very strong; in fact, many psychic people and those involved in occult studies have the number 11 expression. You possess a good mind with keen analytical ability. Because of this you can probably succeed in most lines of work, however, you will do better and be happier outside of the business world. Oddly enough, even here you generally succeed, owing to your often original and unusual approach. Nonetheless, you are more content working with your ideals, rather than dollars and cents.

The positive aspect of the number 11 expression is an always idealistic attitude. Your thinking is long term, and you are able to grasp the far-reaching effects of actions and plans. You are disappointed by the shortsighted views of many of your contemporaries. You are deeply concerned and supportive of art, music, or of beauty in any form.

The negative attitudes associated with the number 11 expression include a continuous sense of nervous tension; you may be too sensitive and temperamental. You tend to dream a lot and may be more of a dreamer than a doer. Fantasy and reality sometimes become intermingled and you are sometimes very impractical. You tend to want to spread the illumination of your knowledge to others irrespective of their desire or need.

Your Soul Urge number is: 6

A Soul Urge number of 6 means:
With a number 6 Soul Urge, you would like to be appreciated for your ability to handle responsibility. Your home and family are likely to be a strong focus for you, perhaps the strongest focus of your life. Friendship, love, and affection are high on your list of priorities for a happy life. You have a lot of diplomatic tendencies in your makeup, as you a able to rectify and balance situations with an innate skill. You like working with people rather than by yourself. It is extremely important for you to have harmony in your environment at all times.

The positive side of the 6 Soul Urge produces a huge capacity for responsibility; you are always there and ready to assume more than your share of the load. If you possess positive 6 Soul Urges and express them, you are known for your generosity, understanding and deep sympathetic attitude. Strong 6 energy is very giving of love, affection, and emotional support. You may have the inclination to teach or serve your community in other idealistic ways. You have natural abilities to help people. You are also likely to have artistic and creative leanings.

If you have an over-supply of 6 energy in your makeup, you may express some of the negative traits common to this number. With such a strong sympathetic attitude, it is easy to become too emotional. Sometimes the desires to render help can be over done, and it can become interfering and an attitude that is too protective, rather than helpful. The person with too much 6 energy often finds that people tend to take advantage of this very giving spirit. You may tend to repress your own needs so that you can cater to the demands from others. At times, there may be a tendency in this, for becoming over-loaded with such demands, and as a result become resentful.

Your Inner Dream number is: 5

An Inner Dream number of 5 means:
You dream of being totally free and unrestrained by responsibility. You see yourself conversing and mingling with the natives in many nations, living for adventure and life experiences. You imagine what you might accomplished.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

thaldin wrote:You were born in a Year of the Wood Tiger!
Oh my god! Thaldin's Tiger Woods! :-o
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

midgetshrimp wrote:
I could only dream about being able to golf that good lol

karpeth
BANNED

Post by karpeth »

I think, for the sake of saving, that everyone should copypasta their stuff...

Western: Cancer & Leo
Your element: Water & Fire

Your ruling planets: The Moon & The Sun

Symbol: The Crab & The Lion

Your stone: Moonstone & Peridot

Life Pursuit: Constant reassurance and intimacy & To lead the way

Vibration: Moody & Radiant energy

Secret Desire: To feel safe (emotionally, spiritually, romantically and financially) & To be a star

Love triumphs over all for this sign, which is ruled by the heart and operates from this dimension too. Leo's are born fortunate. Charismatic and positive-thinking they attract not only an abundance of friends and opportunities, but manage to survive life's stormy times with style and good humour.

Once a Lion is committed to a relationship, they are totally devoted and faithful. Should their heart or trust be broken they never forgive or forget. When a relationship breaks down (even a long standing one) they can disappear into the sunset without a backward look. Leos can cut ties, and leave others heartbroken, but usually there is a good reason why they have broken a tryst. For a Leo, when a relationship is over, really over, it is over for good.

There are three levels of soul-evolution of the Leos. The highest is represented by the Sphinx; wise beyond their years and great teachers to others. The second is the Lion, King of the Jungle, ruled by ego but always protective and sustaining of those they love. The last is the Lion Cub, immature and undeveloped, frightened by anything new. These Leos cling to others (in the mode of the child not wanting to leave its mother's side).) They can't bear to be alone.

No matter what level they have attained, all Leos are trendsetters, leaders and adventurers. Their weakness is their pride. This is one sign where the saying "flattery will get you everything" applies, but be warned criticism will slam the relationship door right in your face.

AND

Those born under the sign of Cancer, ruled by the mysterious Moon, are one of the zodiac's enigmas. It is fair to say that most Cancers are a bundle of contradictions. Compassionate and caring with friends, family and lovers, yet they can cut to the bone with their jealous remarks and ever-changing moods. Endearingly eccentric on one hand, and on the other, insecure about how others see them. Like their astrological symbol - the Crab - Cancers can appear hard and insensitive on the outside. However, for those of us who know and love a "Moon Child", we understand that deep below lies a softness and sensitivity that makes them so very special...

Just as the Moon goes through many changes as it moves from its new to full phases, Cancers too go through many new and full phases of experience. Life doesn't stand still for this sign, even if they remain in one place, because they live so much in their internal oceans of emotions. Their link with the Moon often makes it impossible for them to operate on an even keel from day to day. Up and down like the proverbial yo-yo, most Cancerians feel one way one minute, then sometimes totally different the next. But this characteristic is part of their charm.

Love and romance matter more than anything else to this sign (but this occasionally shares first place with having lots of money in the bank). No other sign romances better, equally though, no sign takes it so badly when romance turns sour either. But with their changeable natures Cancerians are fascinating, mysterious, stimulating and extremely alluring. This sign is one of the most magic of all and once their magic has reached you, they are the most beguiling companions. After all, isn't the Moon the most talked about and romantic galactic identity?

Chinese: You were born in a Year of the Metal Horse!

The Horses are the physically active, oratory and quick-witted athletes of the zodiac. Charming, independent, and "decisive," the Horse prefers to be 'on the move' with places to go and people to see. Natural leaders, idealistic and humanitarian in character, the Horse is a gifted speaker and strong communicator. Elegant, witty, and charming, those born into Horse years are difficult to defeat in an argument, and always make a persuasive case. Often successful in politics or public speaking, the cheerful and friendly Horse is effusive and needs absolute freedom to maneuver through lifeÂ’s pastures. This independent 7th sign of the zodiac needs a mate who stimulates their mind and appreciates their wit. Rejuvenating time of day for Horses is during their own high-noon hours, between 11:00am - 1:00pm.

The Metal element symbolizes clarity, purity and precision. The power of Metal is to delineate and define. Metal element persons create structure, create the surface of matters, and interface with the outside world. This element adds rigidity to an individual sign. Those born into the Metal element are guided by powerful feelings and will seek their goals with unwavering allegiance, chaste & tendency to speak candidly/bluntly. Much strength of will, and fluency of speech characterize those born into the Metal element. Metal is 'set' and determinedly fixed. Metal element persons must learn to compromise, not always insisting on their own way, as they will always have a strong effect on all whom they come into contact with. The Metal element shores-up an individual sign and is not deterred by calamity, hindrance or loss. The Metal element holds in position each individual sign by serving as a foundation and base. Metal element souls prefer to sort out and solve their own problems and do not appreciate interference or unsolicited advice. The Metal element imparts strong monetary instincts to the individual sign, with extra ability to save for a rainy day. The Metal element possesses a fine-tuned intuition regarding finances and speculative investments of all kinds. This is the element of the solitary entrepreneur. The physical organs of Metal are the lungs and the large intestines; its flavor is pungent. Metal's color is White and corresponds to the season of Autumn and dry.

Egyptian: Bastet

History:
Goddess of love and fertility, Bastet is the ultimate symbol of femininity.
Feline-looking, she is often represented as a woman with a cat's head, or in a more ferocious incarnation with a lioness's head. Her worshippers were found mainly at Bubastis. She protected the pharaohs and humanity in general.

Character:
You are naturally defensive, always ready to get your claws out. Vigilance is one of your strong points, but being over-cautious often prevents you from making a clear stand. You may appear weak or timid and often deny yourself opportunities, ways of interacting with new people and having new experiences.
This worrying latency slows your development.
You don't want for charm or magnetism, however. Your sense of diplomacy, grace and generous nature make you attractive to others. You subtly get the measure of the people you speak to and are easily able to find the right words for each person. With flair and tact in spades, you have your own way of putting yourself forwards without making waves or blowing your own trumpet, remaining modest at all times.

Emotionally, you are looking for a partner who is capable of appreciating your sensitivity and answering in your own terms, someone who will complement your nature, not hurt or weaken you.
You are especially attentive to your immediate family, towards whom you show unbridled love.

Numbers
There are 19 letters in your name.
Those 19 letters total to 85
There are 6 vowels and 13 consonants in your name.

Swedish Male Swedish form of Mathew 'gift from God'.

Your number is: 4

The characteristics of #4 are: A foundation, order, service, struggle against limits, steady growth.

The expression or destiny for #4:
Order, service, and management are the cornerstones of the number 4 Expression. Your destiny is to express wonderful organization skills with your ever practical, down-to-earth approach. You are the kind of person who is always willing to work those long, hard hours to push a project through to completion. A patience with detail allows you to become expert in fields such as building, engineering, and all forms of craftsmanship. Your abilities to write and teach may lean toward the more technical and detailed. In the arts, music will likely be your choice. Artistic talents may also appear in such fields as horiculture and floral arrangement, as well. Many skilled physicians and especially surgeons have the 4 Expression.

The positive attitudes of the 4 Expression yield responsibility; you are one who no doubt, fulfills obligations, and is highly systematic and orderly. You are serious and sincere, honest and faithful. It is your role to help and you are required to do a good job at everything you undertake.

If there is too much 4 energies present in your makeup, you may express some of the negative attitudes of the number 4. The obligations that you face may tend to create frustration and feelings of limitation or restriction. You may sometimes find yourself nursing negative attitudes in this regard and these can keep you in a rather low mood. Avoid becoming too rigid, stubborn, dogmatic, and fixed in your opinions. You may have a tendency to develop and hold very strong likes and dislikes, and some of these may border on the classification of prejudice. The negative side of 4 often produces dominant and bossy individuals who use disciplinarian to an excess. These tendencies must be avoided. Finally, like nearly all with 4 Expression, you must keep your eye on the big picture and not get overly wrapped up in detail and routine.

Your Inner Dream number is: 5

An Inner Dream number of 5 means:
You dream of being totally free and unrestrained by responsibility. You see yourself conversing and mingling with the natives in many nations, living for adventure and life experiences. You imagine what you might accomplished.
*divides 1 with 0*
First ever member to be banned. Something to be proud of? no.

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

thaldin wrote:
midgetshrimp wrote:
I could only dream about being able to golf that good lol
Gyahaha!! That's great... Although I'm a little more partial to CS's Metal Goat... xD
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10