Resolutions!

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Resolutions!

Post by Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus »

New Year's resolution(s), anyone?

Some of mine:

1)exercise more/lift weights/go jogging/etc.
2)do something about my bone loss (which ties into #1)
3)be more organized
4)watch my spending :|
5)to not worry about things as much
R.I.P. Don Alexander/Dr. David "Alex" Alexander Kann, 2/15/77-3/10/23 :( I'll never forget you or all the good times we had.

"Look up. The stars are shining for you."

Owner and Manager of McLovecraft's; Zany Genius Inventor of Ichory Delights

<3 PRIDE IN THY PUGGLES! <3

me: I remember biting Teach in the ass...
DA: We remember the REALLY important things.

Became Mrs. SP on 10/16/10 <3 :D

Now with mini Puggles! (as in babies) I have two boys, ages 7 and 4 :)

Lilianna
The Disappearing One

Re: Resolutions!

Post by Lilianna »

Lose 40 pounds to be an acceptable and healthy weight.

That's it.
ImageHEAD TECHNOLOGIST and GUARDIAN OF THE "THRONE".Image

CHIEF PROPHET OF CACAO, THE LORD AND GOD OF CHOCOLATIANITY

FSU Class of 2014!
Ailith wrote:Yes, it was intimate, it was passionate, it was sensual, and it ended with a few orgasms. So yeah, counts as sex to me.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I have no resolutions per se...

But this year, I aim to get a bit fitter (I've started pumping weights two weeks ago, and wow, it's showing!! :) ), lose weight again (in 2004, I was down to 220 pounds...) and of course finally get my PhD, one year late.

Everything else is too dependent upon other people. :(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Teacher2B wrote:4) Survive this year that it's going to be really difficult.
We'll stand by your side and help you with that, in any way possible for us! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Hm, losing weight and exercising more seems to be high on everyone's list. Maybe we can form a support group. ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Teacher2B wrote: :x

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :-* :-* :-*

These are the moments when I strongly desire that these smileys were real actions...or that I had a teletransporter, so I could be able to get there and hug you in person. :-*
Awwww. Me too, me too.
Teacher2B wrote:BTW, trying to control my temper is another of my objectives...*ashamed look*
So we should irritate you, and you must count to ten and not explode in our faces or ban us. ;)
ImageImage

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

1) Lose weight and exercise more.
2) Keep my grades up.
3) Try and change my partying habits (drinking, doing rather sketchy activities, etc.)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

cyanide_sweet wrote:1) Lose weight and exercise more.
We should change this to "Do what everone else does."
cyanide_sweet wrote:3) Try and change my partying habits (drinking, doing rather sketchy activities, etc.)
Sketchy activities? /:) Tell us more! And I agree, you need to party harder. Just ask pepperkitty for advice. ;)
ImageImage

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I always start my New Year's Resolutions early... so that if I stutter slightly and slip, I don't get down on myself so much. I look at it not as "oh, darn, I broke it - might as well give up" but as a gradual direction of growth. Many of mine aren't that unusual.

1 - Working out more (I used to be REALLY buff, trying to get back to that).
2 - Lose a little weight... I've a little bit around the middle I'm not happy with.
3 - Take a chance on something every day. I've gotten into a bit of a rut, only doing things that are mellow and somewhat boring. I've got to take chances again, and hopefully good things will come of it.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Lilianna
The Disappearing One

Post by Lilianna »

Why not make a thread so that we can post our weight loss weekly? I'm doing that on my comp already, anyway, and a good deal of the adults on my Myspace (I know them all IRL) are doing that through blogs, too.
ImageHEAD TECHNOLOGIST and GUARDIAN OF THE "THRONE".Image

CHIEF PROPHET OF CACAO, THE LORD AND GOD OF CHOCOLATIANITY

FSU Class of 2014!
Ailith wrote:Yes, it was intimate, it was passionate, it was sensual, and it ended with a few orgasms. So yeah, counts as sex to me.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

New years Resolutions:

1) Save monies. I'm pretty sure I'll have a long-term visitor at the end of this year (just in time to distract me from my Masters research) and I want to be able to look after them and treat them while they are here.

2) Continue to go to the gym at least once a week, but two or three times if possible. I don't want to lose weight as such, but I do want to get more toned and fit. I spent almost a year bedridden, and I never quite got my fitness back after that. I plan to be as fit as I was by the end of high school again. I'm happy to post my progress up here, but it will be in terms of what I did, not what I lost. I don't weigh myself, since I consider it to be an unhealthy practice in and of itself.

3) Maintain both my relationships and my quite high grades. I suspect this will be the hardest one to do. Both partners are very distracting in their own special ways. And I can't use either of them as research subjects (neither of them are bisexual women as far as I know).

4) Listen to more music.

5) Continue to be happy and do things that make me happy every day.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

Don Alexander wrote: Sketchy activities? /:) Tell us more! And I agree, you need to party harder. Just ask pepperkitty for advice. ;)
Sorry, should have clarified. I meant party LESS.

Ithilion

Post by Ithilion »

hmmm resolutions

1. become less lazy in general
2. be finally done with university, i am sick of them
3. be a good master for my girls
4. start our own business with my best friend and another friend
Last edited by Ithilion on Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cave Elder: Keeper of the Garden, Zen Master of Shadows

Member of the Dream Team

You are suffering from delusions of adequacy.

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Post by Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus »

Ithilion wrote:hmmm resolutions

1. become less lazy in general
2. be finally done with university, i am sick of them
3. be a good master for my girls
4. start our own business with my best friend and another friend

I used to want to run my own bed and breakfast....however that dream is long dead :))
R.I.P. Don Alexander/Dr. David "Alex" Alexander Kann, 2/15/77-3/10/23 :( I'll never forget you or all the good times we had.

"Look up. The stars are shining for you."

Owner and Manager of McLovecraft's; Zany Genius Inventor of Ichory Delights

<3 PRIDE IN THY PUGGLES! <3

me: I remember biting Teach in the ass...
DA: We remember the REALLY important things.

Became Mrs. SP on 10/16/10 <3 :D

Now with mini Puggles! (as in babies) I have two boys, ages 7 and 4 :)

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

I'm going to save my monies. I plan to be out of here by the end of the year if life allows.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Resolution..... kill all humans.... :ymdevil: Erm I mean... find a way to end human stupidity.

Seriously though... I gave up with resolutions as I could never keep them.