Social networking site of choice?

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Social networking site of choice?

Post by cyanide_sweet »

Do you guys use facebook, nexopia, myspace, livejournal, or some other random site? Pros/cons?

I like facebook, most of my friends are on it :) In fact, I'm a wee bit addicted to it.

Ithilion

Re: Social networking site of choice?

Post by Ithilion »

none of the above.. and not for lack of invitations or peer pressure... i am just against the whole idea... and not quite sure why, they just feel wrong to me
Last edited by Ithilion on Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cave Elder: Keeper of the Garden, Zen Master of Shadows

Member of the Dream Team

You are suffering from delusions of adequacy.

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

I have a Myspace that I hardly ever use anymore, an LJ that I don't even remember the password to anymore, and Facebook, which all my family and friends, online and off, are on.
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I am a facebook whore.

I have a livejournal that I don't update any more, and I am on MSN all the time. But facebook will be my one true social-networking love for quite some time.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

I use MSN all the time too. Speaking of which, feel free to add me guys, I love talking to people :))

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

I'm on LJ...mainly for a couple communities and friends' journals...I'm lucky if I think to post to my journal once or twice a month (sometimes, I post daily, on the other hand).
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Ithilion wrote:none of the above.. and not for lack of invitations or peer pressure... i am just against the whole idea... and not quite sure why, they just feel wrong to me
I'm fully with Ithilion here...

This forum is as much Web 2.0 as you'll get from me... i don't even have a homepage, which is pretty weird for a scientist...

Though I'm on Skype. But the last time I pointed that out (at the beginning of the Jabber thread), no one ever reacted... :(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

Don Alexander wrote:
Though I'm on Skype. But the last time I pointed that out (at the beginning of the Jabber thread), no one ever reacted... :(
I have a Skype account. I created it to talk to a friend who didn't have msn, and they deleted their account. So now I have no contacts. Go figure :))

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

cyanide_sweet wrote:I have a Skype account. I created it to talk to a friend who didn't have msn, and they deleted their account. So now I have no contacts. Go figure :))
Check your PMs, Sithling. ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

Never been a Skype fan... But for messengers, I've got MSN, AIM (for one friend...), YIM, and I used to have IMVU.
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I too have a MySpace page, mostly because there are two or three people that I don't get to see in the Tampa area that I can keep up with through MySpace. But I don't keep up with the blogging, not enough new people contact me, so half the time I forget to check it regularly.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

There is only Facebook. :|

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

I don’t bother with the social networking sites. I can build my own web site if I feel like it.

I do have Skype, which I originally got because it was easier than screwing around with servers for Ventrilo or TeamSpeak while playing Star Wars Galaxies. Later I paid $60 to get Skype Pro and a Skype number because it’s way less expensive than a land line. With a low-cost dry loop DSL connection and a cell phone for backup it’s a much cheaper way to have a phone number. The sound quality sometimes suffers but it works well enough.

Of course, with Game Update 5 to Star Wars Galaxies a few months back, they built in voice chat, so I don’t need Skype for that anymore. Go figure.
I think outside the tesseract.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I used to have livejournal, but got bored with it as no-one ever made good comments about what I'd posted, even though I posted back to them on their journals.

Myspace I'm only on to veiw other peoples profiles when they point me to them. I never use it.

Facebook, I don't like it as much anymore since they forced the new style on everyone. Old facebook was much much better then the 'new' one. Also I'm not so happy with it anymore as most of the app's keep breaking and there are alot of trojan virus's going around on it.

Personally, I don't really see the point of Social networking sites... what was wrong with just picking up the phone and actually talking to your friends or going round and seeing them in person? Its fine if their all over the world like they are with this forum... but then you see some people with like 100 'friend's and they probably only really know about 5 of them and talk to those same 5 only.

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

I just started on facebook because of work, feel free to add me on, just say you're from MA3 forums..

thaldin at comcast dot net