Social networking site of choice?

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

demoncat

Re: Social networking site of choice?

Post by demoncat »

I'm on Facebook. It makes communication a lot easier when you live way far away from everyone you know (especially if you're bad at communication like I am most of the time ;) ). I don't talk to everyone on my Friend List all the time, but it is nice to be able to check at a glance to see what they're up to and know when people need a hug without them asking you specifically for it.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Actually, most of my RL friends who have become geographically removed are also not much into Web 2.0 at all. Several hardly even ever check e-mails, and can usually only be reached by classic telephone. Even the guys and girls I know from Uni don't go beyond mail.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

demoncat

Post by demoncat »

That's the exact opposite of my friends. Most of them can only be reached by the internet. They'll never answer their phones. :-?

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I accidentally turned my phone off for three days, but I can usually reply to facebook messages within an hour.

I need to spend more time away from the computer. And for that to work, I need to have the internet with me wherever I go. Just in case.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

I has a Skype. You can guess it yourselves, I'm sure :p
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

*tries to phone titticakes, gets $44.95 phone bill from Skype* =p~
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Guess who has just initiated harem assimilation? :D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

I have a Facebook account I almost never use, ditto with MySpace.

I have DeadJournal I update about once a year now (when I first got it, I updated several times a day at times.)

I have my deviantArt gallery and journal that I update fairly regularly.
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

Akilika

Post by Akilika »

As for the use of social networks . . . eh. I like to blather endlessly, and LiveJournal accommodates me reasonably well at this. I've got Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, etc., but never check them; LJ's just the one that suits me best. (Though I'll probably have to check Facebook more since my family seems to be doing a lot of that lately.) Username akilika, if you're curious, but . . . like I said, endless blather.

I've also got a deviantART that I've just started to update again; caitlinwonder-girl. I only stopped 'cause it had gotten so darned slow . . . it seems to be better these days. :)

Otaku201
BANNED

Post by Otaku201 »

Had a LJ for a long time, don't update it anymore. I got coerced into making a myspace by some internet friends, don't use it much. Not really a big fan of those kinda sites. Creativity is not my thing.