"Old school" stuff

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Ithilion

Re: "Old school" stuff

Post by Ithilion »

precisely... by far the best cartoon disney ever produced

gah... now i have the theme stuck in my head

i'd also mention Bravestarr, Silverhawks, Transformers (G1... though I find Beast Wars/Machines far more to my taste), Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future, naturally He-Man and She-Ra, Dinoriders, TMNT, Ge-Force, Saber Rider...

EDIT: *smacks forehead* ...how could i forget Voltron?

...i claim black lion btw ...ha!

le sigh... and Dinosaucers, Spiral Zone, Ulysse31, Robotech, Mask, Defenders of the Earth, Pole Position, Kabamaru, Plawress Sunshiro, aand so many more... sigh
Last edited by Ithilion on Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cave Elder: Keeper of the Garden, Zen Master of Shadows

Member of the Dream Team

You are suffering from delusions of adequacy.

-Devil-

Post by -Devil- »

hah! fraggle rock! ... omg .. ok now to find some episodes ...

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Fraggle Rock... Rocks! I still love watching that show. And I was always a fan of Pirates of Darkwater. I have the Sega Genesis game, which is also superbly made of win.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Azrael wrote:Thundar the Barbarian
:p

Dang it, Azrael, I wanted to mention Thundarr! (To this day, I can still do the Ookla the Mok noises. People who know what that sound is wonder in fear how I'm able to immitate it.) In the anime thread, I mentioned my fondness for Battle of the Planets, Starblazers, and Robotech. Live action shows included the ORIGINAL Battlestar Galactica and Six Million Dollar Man.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I grew up without a television and am thus seriously cutlurally deficient when it comes to all these old cartoon shows. :(

I wonder why no one has mentioned Alf!! Are you all to young? :P

But I played with Masters of the Universe!!! Oh Yes!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Heatherzilla

Post by Heatherzilla »

Spice girls! Stupid nostalgia means I have their entire discography on my hard drive as well as having their movie on VHS somewhere.

I was never allowed to play video games when I was little and to this day I still suck at them. :(

As for TV, pokemon, sailor moon, uh, damnit I can't remember anything else :( I have the memory of a goldfish.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I didn't forget Alf... I still have my Alf toy sat on my desk... though now he's more of my football mascot holding my old wooly hat with my small collection of pin badges on it.

Most of the stuff I used to watch has already been mentioned... Gummi-bears, Transformers, Darkwing Duck etc...

Lets see now.... Danger Mouse, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Count Duckula, He-Man, Bananna-Man, various origional Doctor Who repeats... Starting with the Tom Baker Doctor. Duck Tails... okay, can't think of any more right now.

-Devil-

Post by -Devil- »

Hong Kong Phooey!!!!

Speed Buggy!!!

CB Bears,

and one i have been trying to think the name of all night long but still can't ... was a shark that was in a rock band ...

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

-Devil- wrote:and one i have been trying to think the name of all night long but still can't ... was a shark that was in a rock band ...
Devil, that would be Jabberjaw, who spoke like Curly from the Three Stooges. In fact, here's a little Cartoon Network "groovies" they had centered around him. I always found the tune a bit catchy...
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

-Devil-

Post by -Devil- »

Dirty n Evil wrote:
-Devil- wrote:and one i have been trying to think the name of all night long but still can't ... was a shark that was in a rock band ...
Devil, that would be Jabberjaw, who spoke like Curly from the Three Stooges. In fact, here's a little Cartoon Network "groovies" they had centered around him. I always found the tune a bit catchy...
ahh cool thanks! ... i kept wanting to say Sharkey but i knew that wasn't it.

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

So many things back then...

a lot of which have been mentioned here... but I have to clarify on Voltron... THE LIONS.... none of the car Voltron crap, it was all about the lions!

Ithilion

Post by Ithilion »

of course the lions (and as i said, i claim black one :P)

now, who remembers this... "Not the Momma!"
Last edited by Ithilion on Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cave Elder: Keeper of the Garden, Zen Master of Shadows

Member of the Dream Team

You are suffering from delusions of adequacy.

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

Dinosaurs!

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Holy crap Dinosaurs. I remember that one. That baby was annoying as hell. I had a ritual of watching Tiny Toons after school and Loony Tunes on Saturday mornings. I hate how Nickelodean sucks now. I'd still watch both those shows. I haven't seen The Muppet Show in so long either. Jim Henson was a genius.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

zgwortz
D.O.M.

Post by zgwortz »

All pre-teenager stuff:

TV: The early Japanese invasion (Astro Boy, Kimba the White Lion, Marine Boy, Tobar the 8th Man, Johnny Socko and his Flying Robot), Captain Scarlet, Rocky & Bullwinkle (and later friends), Wacky Races, Flintstones, Jetsons, I Love Lucy, The Honeymooners, Family Affair, The Courtship of Eddie's Father, The Flying Nun, Lidsville, H.R. Pufinstuf, the original Land of the Lost, Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, Zoom!, The Electric Factory.

Books: I got into Sci-Fi early through A Wrinkle in Time, and quickly moved into the Heinlein and Del Rey young adult books. The Three Investigators, Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew.

Music: My interest in oldies came from here - when I was younger my parents often played old (for me, anyway) 50s tunes as well as newer 60s stuff. Probably my favorite from this time period is the original vocal album of Jesus Christ Superstar -- we played that one so often, I could probably sing 80% of it from memory, and the other 20% could easily be filled in by any of the rest of the family... :D

I won't even bother listing the stuff after I turned 13 -- it gets unmanageably large by then, even though most of it is still probably way older than most of the people reading this... :p
-->Steve
D.O.M.