Christmas Stuff!

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Re: Christmas Stuff!

Post by Asaryu »

It's for hash cookies.

The green is to let people know not to eat it.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Asaryu wrote:It's for hash cookies.

The green is to let people know not to eat it.
Ah. As long as it's not mold or anything. That would be unhealthy.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Dammit!

Now I want cookies.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

I'll be making some this weekend probably... with peppermint chocolate bits in em!

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

What's stopping you? :p

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I am full of grapes...and there are no cookies at work. I will have to wait for my lunch break, and hope that I am not too full from the grapes still.

I still have to decide what to have for Christmas lunch if it is with my mother. one good thing about her is that she's as adventurous as I am with food, so she won't shy away from 'foreign' food like my sister will. So we can eat something other than chicken with her. :P

poo-poo-face

Post by poo-poo-face »

Don Alexander wrote:Guess I might actually answer this one and spoil everyone's fun a little. after poo-poo face's hyperenthusiastic joygasm, I need to balance the scales a bit...

What are your favorite Christmas movies? Gremlins.

Your least favorite? No idea. Haven't seen any of the new christmas movies in years...

What are your favorite Christmas songs? I guess that would be Savatage's "Sarajevo 12-25", if that can be called a Christmas song...

Your least favorite? No idea either. I'm rarely exposed to stuff I don't like.

Do you send Christmas cards out every year? No.

Anybody here who's a bit of a Grinch, or a Scrooge, when it comes to the holidays? Me. Mind, I used to love Christmas as a kid! The presents, the food, the presents, the tree and decorating it, the presents, finding where my parents had hidden the presents, the presents... But when i became a teen, our Christmas traditions died out. I'm a single child with basically no living relatives in the country, so it was allways a three-person christmas, not some big family get-together. Like my other friends have. And Germans are usually very traditionalistic and isolationist when it comes to Christmas. So the holiday for me has become the time when I sit around at home and am bored, while everyone else is having fun and I'm not even allowed to call them... :(

The one thing I still like is the food, since years, it has become traditional to have potato pancakes on Christmas Eve (which I mostly make myself) and Lasagna on Christmas.

Do you decorate, or like to decorate for Christmas? Not anymore.

Do you like going out and looking at other peoples' Christmas decorations and Christmas lights? No.
I want to give you a big hug :ymhug: Everyone deserves to have awezum christmases :(
DA. I COMMAND YOU TO HAVE A HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR.
or else.. uh.. i'll get bear to eat you. :D BE AFRAID OF TEH BEARY-MOD.
i like cheese.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

poo-poo-face wrote:I want to give you a big hug :ymhug: Everyone deserves to have awezum christmases :(
DA. I COMMAND YOU TO HAVE A HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR.
or else.. uh.. i'll get bear to eat you. :D BE AFRAID OF TEH BEARY-MOD.
I am. :((

I need to remove you from my fan fic for that threat. :P

Ever heard of positive reinforcement? ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Dryope

Post by Dryope »

I'm supposed to be sewing but since I know I won't be done by tomorrow afternoon I'm wasting time instead. So I'll fill this sucker out.

What are your favorite Christmas movies? Imma have to agree with Asaryu here: Muppet Christmas Carol! =D

Your least favorite? Mmm, uhhhh, other than the above I don't really watch christmas movies. ^_^;

What are your favorite Christmas songs? Hymns and carols are my favorite part of Christmas!!! X3 My parents have a huge pretty book of Christmas Carols illustrated with gorgeous paintings from The Metropolitan Museum of Art. I think I use it more than they do, though. I wanna steal it. <3 I love hymns in general, though, so shocker there.
LIST TIME!!
Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence
It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
Angels From the Realms of Glory
In the Bleak Midwinter
O Holy Night
Carol of the Bells
Silent Night
What Child Is This
Winter Wonderland
White Christmas
Baby It's Cold Outside
Handel's The Messiah! All of it! I'm depressed we aren't singing this in choir this year. ;_;
Vivaldi's Christmas Concerto is fun to sing, too

Your least favorite? Jingle Bells, Jingle Bell Rock. And honestly I am tired of Joy to the World and Hark the Herald Angels Sing. >.>; I like my hymns more...mysterious, I guess.

Do you send Christmas cards out every year? Uhhh no. I never send cards for anything. Ever. I really need to change that, it's awful lazy of me.

Anybody here who's a bit of a Grinch, or a Scrooge, when it comes to the holidays? I love giving people gifts and I love baking unhealthy goodies with the knowledge all my associates will be off their diets for the holidays and I love attending parties. If the party has dancing then even better! =D On the other hand I hate doing the Candle Light service solely because I am terrified of dropping the candle. Also, if we don't sing Handel Imma be way overly critical of whatever we are singing instead. *complains about cheesy modern music* I am so inflexible about the music I like to sing sometimes. ^_^;

Do you decorate, or like to decorate for Christmas? I don't have any place to store many decorations right now. I put up the few I have. And then my cats try to eat them. TT_TT

Do you like going out and looking at other peoples' Christmas decorations and Christmas lights? Depends. If it involves blow up or plastic anything I will hate it. If it has green boughs and poinsettias and ribbons and candles and/or sparkles then I will probably love it.

Yeah. I'm such a traditionalist snob. =p
ImageImage

poo-poo-face

Post by poo-poo-face »

I'll be good O:-)

But only after the holidays, when pictures of you surface having an awesumz time beside the tree, or menorah, or.. that ramadan thingy. Yep. Mhmm. That's right.

Don't make me start a petition [-( . Yes, the title shall be "DA AWAKING FROM HIBERNATION IN ORDER TO CELEBRATE THE HOLIDAYS".

B-) it's on
i like cheese.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

@Dryope: Awww. I think my mom would like you as a daughter. With the carols and hymns and Händel and all that. ;)
And if you wanna waste time, there's something in the Elder Cave waiting for you. ;;)

@poo-poo face: So you don't despair of my grinchiness: On the 23rd, I always have a meeting with my old school year in a nice little tavern in town. that's always loads of fun for me. :ymhug:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

stephaielikes

Post by stephaielikes »

Sway's big bad Christmas quiz!

What are your favorite Christmas movies? It's a Wonderful Life. Hot dog! Basically very old cheesy movies get my vote.

Your least favorite? (Movies that you either just hate or got really sick of.) Jack Frost is perhaps the worst Christmas film I've seen.

What are your favorite Christmas songs? Fairytale of New York, Zebrahead's I Hate Christmas, The Night Santa Went Crazy by Weird Al, but then also Sinatra's Christmas albums, and Little Drummer Boy by him and David Bowie.
As for carols, I love The Boar's Head, Adeste Fidelis, The Twelve Days of Christmas (I have a habit of writing versions for different things, should write one for here), the Calypso Carol, and somewhere along the line all the verses of Jingle Bells were beaten into my head.

Your least favorite? (Same applies, and the music doesn't have to necessarily be traditional I'll give a fine example when other people start to post.)
Anything done by shitty boy or girl bands in an attempt to give their fame something memorable.

Do you send Christmas cards out every year?
I do indeed.

Anybody here who's a bit of a Grinch, or a Scrooge, when it comes to the holidays?
No, I love picking people things and love cooking. I've bought cheddar this year that cost twelve pounds for a truckle but tastes so good...

Do you decorate, or like to decorate for Christmas?
I do with the sibling-bairns, yup.

Do you like going out and looking at other peoples' Christmas decorations and Christmas lights?
No, but we play a game where we count them and present our totals on Christmas. The bairns like that, too.
'Did you just squeeze my butt?'
'You must not know fear. Fear is the butt-killer.'
'...was that... Doom?'

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

@Dryope: Handel :x :D Might just be the only composer I like as well as Beethoven.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

stephaielikes

Post by stephaielikes »

Ev'ry booooody, shall be exaaalted...
I have Christmas photos! I'll upload them once I unpack and find my camera.
'Did you just squeeze my butt?'
'You must not know fear. Fear is the butt-killer.'
'...was that... Doom?'

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

stephaielikes wrote:Ev'ry booooody, shall be exaaalted...
I have Christmas photos! I'll upload them once I unpack and find my camera.
:D

Are you wearing a santa hat? Few things equal the cute of a beautiful woman in a santa hat.