Christmas Stuff!

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Swayambhu
Booby Bunny

Re: Christmas Stuff!

Post by Swayambhu »

Mmm...I love eggnog, especially with a little cinnamon sprinkled on top.

It's too strong for me to drink a whole lot of, but I do love me a glass every now and then. :D
ImageImage

poo-poo-face

Post by poo-poo-face »

I LOVE CHRISTMAS ZOMGGG HEADSPLORT :x :x :x :x :x :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :D :D :D

What are your favorite Christmas movies? ZOMG. ALL OF THEM. I LOVE THEM ALL. SO MUCH. SO MUCH LUFF. I EVEN LUFF THAT CHEESY FLINTSTONES ONE. NOTHING LIKE A GOOD SCROOGE REMAKE TOO. YTV usually have a Christmas movie marathon and I sit through all of it. Never tired of it :D (i even like those Mary-Kate and Ashley holiday ones)

Your least favorite? (Movies that you either just hate or got really sick of.) I LUFF ALL OF THEM :ymtongue:

What are your favorite Christmas songs? "All I want for Christmas" (I'm all for remakes unless it's Miley Cyrus :ymsick:), "Let it Snow", "Santa Baby" I'm a big fan of jazzy type Christmas songs. Christmas songs always get me in such a jolly mood ;;)

Your least favorite? I'm not a huge fan of kid-jingles like Jingle Bells (is it weird that it reminds me of the X-files lmao!), but there are some like Rudolph (it sounds jazzy to me when it sung by that big tenor voice).

Do you send Christmas cards out every year? Noooope. :p Too lazy. Plus I don't know the mailing address (postal code, unit number etc.) of any of my friends XD

Anybody here who's a bit of a Grinch, or a Scrooge, when it comes to the holidays? I don't like to share my Christmas chocolate. :D

Do you decorate, or like to decorate for Christmas? My parents do haha, I have no power over that :p

Do you like going out and looking at other peoples' Christmas decorations and Christmas lights? It always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to see homes so hyped up and Christmas-sy :)

Alright alright. I LOVE PRESENTS. SO MUCH. And since I have a hefty amount of family (3 brothers, 2 step-sisters; but they don't live with us, and my dad because he doesn't live with us and plus we have a step-dad) so i expect i shall be getting a bounty of prezzies :D IT MAKES ME SO HAPPYFUL SOMEONE GIVE ME A HUG :ymhug:

Oh and I love seeing the expression on the faces of people whose presents I open. Note, like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU
i like cheese.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Paulina, though art a little bundle of joy and boundless enthusiasm. You're infective. :ymhug:

Have fun with all your presents. ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

zgwortz
D.O.M.

Post by zgwortz »

What are your favorite Christmas movies?
Probably the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas tops the list. I haven't been as much of a fan of them lately.

Your least favorite? (Movies that you either just hate or got really sick of.)
I used to like A Christmas Story until I saw it umpteen trillian times. I now dread the inevitable "we have to watch it" every Christmas...

What are your favorite Christmas songs?
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer
White Christmas

Your least favorite? (Same applies, and the music doesn't have to necessarily be traditional I'll give a fine example when other people start to post.)
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

Do you send Christmas cards out every year?
No. I keep meaning to but never do.

Anybody here who's a bit of a Grinch, or a Scrooge, when it comes to the holidays?
The holiday shopping craze is a bit irritating, but I can't claim to be either. (With one exception - any Christmas related decorations, music, or sales which happen prior to December brings out the Grinch in me -- Black Friday included.)

Do you decorate, or like to decorate for Christmas?
I used to set up a tree. I no longer have the room. (Cue George Carlin schtick about "stuff"...)

Do you like going out and looking at other peoples' Christmas decorations and Christmas lights?
When the mood hits me, yes.
-->Steve
D.O.M.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Ah shit. Eggnog. First I forgot milk and had to go back out. Now you remind me that I forgot to get eggnog. And I can't go out to get it, the car is gone and it's too cold. :( Now I crave eggnog!
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

What are your favorite Christmas movies? I liked the Muppets Christmas Carol. I played a drinking game to it...which was also my first experience with tequila...that was a good day.

Your least favorite? Anything with Tim Allen in it. Blech!

What are your favorite Christmas songs? I don't really have any. I tend to avoid Christmas songs as much as possible. Working in retail will do that to you.

Your least favorite? I have heard about a thousand different renditions of Silent Night, Jingle bells and Santa Clause is Coming to Town done by a plethora of undertalented childrens chiors. I really could live without Christmas songs in my life.

Do you send Christmas cards out every year? Not really. I start out with good intentions and I buy the cards early, and then I forget to fill them out. Or I'll fill them out and forget to send them. *sigh*

Anybody here who's a bit of a Grinch, or a Scrooge, when it comes to the holidays? I can be. I have nieces and nephews to spoil these days, so I'm getting less scroogy. To quote Boondocks: "Christmas is a pagan holiday, and Jesus probably hates you for celebrating it"

Do you decorate, or like to decorate for Christmas? Sometimes...I was always a fan of decorating the christmas tree...but in my own home, I'm far too aware that I will have to clean up whatever decorations are put out, and so laziness overcomes me.

Do you like going out and looking at other peoples' Christmas decorations and Christmas lights? This is the time when i am the biggest scrooge. Last year my old housemate made up go out and look at houses...I hated it, so I read a book. Until I saw the potential amusement in making fun. Houses with more than 1 santa, a santa and a nativity scene, a house with multiple nativity scenes, or (Worst of all) houses with multiple santas and nativity scenes.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Swayambhu wrote:Anybody here like Eggnog? (Plain, spiced, or even liquored up. :p )

Homemade, yes I can tolerate it :| . Store bought, Good God no :ymsick: .
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

What are your favorite Christmas movies? A Charlie Brown Christmas, and A Christmas Story. I'm sorry, even if they both are overplayed, it's just not Christmas until I see these two movies... so I own them both on DVD. :D

Your least favorite? Jingle All the Way, without a doubt.

What are your favorite Christmas songs? This version of Blue Christmas as sung by Porkie PIg, and the entire Charlie Brown Christmas album by Vince Guaraldi.

Your least favorite? I can't stand the song 'Santa Baby'.

Do you send Christmas cards out every year? I'm not that close to that many people I don't live near.

Anybody here who's a bit of a Grinch, or a Scrooge, when it comes to the holidays? I am - I work retail.

Do you decorate, or like to decorate for Christmas? When I was still living with my family, yes. But as a single bachelor... it doesn't quite have the same appeal, y'know?

Do you like going out and looking at other peoples' Christmas decorations and Christmas lights? Not really. Never really did as a kid, either.

Do you like Egg nog I don't much like Egg nog myself... but humorously enough, there was a place that made a cupcake with this egg nog flavored icing that I adored. Only now it's up in Philly, and I'm back down here in Tampa. :ymtongue:

Edit: Didn't read other people's posts before I wrote my list up for fear of tainting my thoughts... and it seems like everyone hates my favorite Christmas movies! :-?
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Not everyone, no, but I can't believe I forgot about A Christmas Story #-o hokey as it is I love that movie.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

midgetshrimp wrote:Ah shit. Eggnog. First I forgot milk and had to go back out. Now you remind me that I forgot to get eggnog. And I can't go out to get it, the car is gone and it's too cold. :( Now I crave eggnog!
I LOVE EGGNOG! Rum 'n' eggnog... nummy

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

cyanide_sweet wrote:
midgetshrimp wrote:Ah shit. Eggnog. First I forgot milk and had to go back out. Now you remind me that I forgot to get eggnog. And I can't go out to get it, the car is gone and it's too cold. :( Now I crave eggnog!
I LOVE EGGNOG! Rum 'n' eggnog... nummy
I've had rumnog once, last year. And I have to say, I prefer it without. It was still good, just... not as.

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

I adore rum'n'nog, but I like a very tiny bit of rum in proportion to the 'nog. So I can juuuust taste it, otherwise, yeah, it's too strong.

I also tried something else last year. Rumnog with a splash of Baileys Caramel... =p~ =p~ =p~

Redonkulously orgasmic.
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

I think eggnog should be served year round. People should drink it as frequently as like... milk.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

LadySheDevil wrote:Redonkulously orgasmic.
Oh my god. You say redonkulous too. That's like totally redonkulous!

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

midgetshrimp wrote:
LadySheDevil wrote:Redonkulously orgasmic.
Oh my god. You say redonkulous too. That's like totally redonkulous!
Partners in redonkulousness! :D
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10