YouTubers

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Pneumonica

Re: YouTubers

Post by Pneumonica »

Phoenix wrote:Invisible bras, you say? :D
And you know how much this invisible bra will cost you? Your SHIRT! :D
Further affiant sayeth not.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Pneumonica wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Invisible bras, you say? :D
And you know how much this invisible bra will cost you? Your SHIRT! :D
Have you seen those Japanese man-bras?! Bloody weird. Made me cringe/laugh. Surely even fat blokes wouldn't want one?!

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Don Alexander wrote:
farthingale wrote:Well. I don't cheat.
Well, you sure can move! Highly aesthetic. ;;) I even like the song, as weird as that is.
Farthingale, you most certainly can move well! Impressive. Would I be correct in guessing that you've studied both ballet and yoga from your moves?

Personally, no Youtube postings by me - considering I can't even manage a digital camera, much less a recording device. However, I am slightly addicted to watching AMV's - Amateur Music Videos. Pretty much where somebody with a video editor takes an existing show / movie and sets it to song. I enjoy quite a few of the translations that have been done for many of the anime I enjoy.

My favorite? This one of Eureka 7 done to the Foo Fighter's "My Hero". I had others that I've favorited through the last couple years, but it seems that the people who've posted them have taken them down... :(
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Swayambhu
Booby Bunny

Post by Swayambhu »

I've got like, three accounts on youtube.
ImageImage

farthingale
Gynecratic Romanticist

Post by farthingale »

@ Don: Thanks a lot! That's "Gen'ei" by KOTOKO. It means "Illusion".

@ Dirty n Evil: Yup, ballet via modern dance, and yoga. That's a perceptive eye you've got there! I'm also an AMV fan, think they're awesome! I've made a handful, but it takes so long to get them up to snuff that 90% of my ideas don't happen.

That's a very well-timed, agressively-edited vid you linked to. This one here is for the Utena movie, Adolescence Apocolypse, and it's mixed by a very skilled AMV maker, Mangapunksai. The quality isn't as nice as the original I downloaded from her site, so if you can, I highly recommend you download it here. Great timing, superb ambience.
Dashing Gentlelady of the Elder Cave Harem. Defender of Honour, Ripper of Bodices.
Image Image

farthingale
Gynecratic Romanticist

Post by farthingale »

Swayambhu wrote:I've got like, three accounts on youtube.
Linkage?
Dashing Gentlelady of the Elder Cave Harem. Defender of Honour, Ripper of Bodices.
Image Image

Swayambhu
Booby Bunny

Post by Swayambhu »

farthingale wrote:
Linkage?
They're just accounts I use to watch, fav, and troll people with. I've never uploaded anything before, if that's what you're interested in. :P
ImageImage

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

farthingale wrote:@ Dirty n Evil: Yup, ballet via modern dance, and yoga. That's a perceptive eye you've got there! I'm also an AMV fan, think they're awesome! I've made a handful, but it takes so long to get them up to snuff that 90% of my ideas don't happen.
I've always wanted to try to make one myself... but I don't have the first idea of how to do it. :)) And, my own taste in anime & music is so odd that probably no one would watch it, but sometimes the appreciation is only half how other people like it. The other half is your own pride in a job well done.

And thanks for the compliment - I dunno why, I've always been one of those people who actively tries to see what influence contributed to what I'm looking at / reading / listening to. My mother also used to take ballet & did a little bellydancing when I was younger, so I was able to spot it. You have very good balance.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Swayambhu wrote:
farthingale wrote:
Linkage?
They're just accounts I use to watch, fav, and troll people with. I've never uploaded anything before, if that's what you're interested in. :P
Surely there's some pachyderm violation vid you want to share with the world? :D

Swayambhu
Booby Bunny

Post by Swayambhu »

Pneumonica wrote:Surely there's some pachyderm violation vid you want to share with the world? :D
Not quite yet, but someday, if I'm feeling naughty enough. :ymdevil:
ImageImage

Nathan Dorian

Post by Nathan Dorian »

Not updated in ages, but..

http://uk.youtube.com/user/NathanDorian

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Nathan Dorian wrote:Not updated in ages, but..

http://uk.youtube.com/user/NathanDorian
Nathan, good to see you around a bit more! :) Watched a few of your video blogs... quite funny. :D (I haven't known many people of either gender who don't like John Barrowman, actually!) And you may not be fond of your accent, but I find it very pleasant. Makes me sort of wish I hadn't worked so hard when I was younger to lose my own - I used to have the very distinctive quirky mumble of South Philadelphia made so popular in the Rocky movies, but now it's what most people think of as the deliberately non-accented American announcer voice.

Nathan Dorian

Post by Nathan Dorian »

I think that I am one of the few Englishmen who quite enjoys certain American accents, oddly.

Butmmyeah, my voice is just a bit queer. (Hurhur, queer.)

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Nathan Dorian wrote:Butmmyeah, my voice is just a bit queer. (Hurhur, queer.)
You should be hurt for that.

You are, however, ripe for the cute contest. Go enter it now.

Dryope

Post by Dryope »

Well, my husband was pretty big into the AMV scene before we met. He also did video editing to turn the first Xenosaga game into a watchable movie but I think he took it off his website. He doesn't have a youtube account (some of his videos are on youtube but that isn't his doing...) He does have a few of his AMVs up on myspace video and on AMV, though, will it be totally off-topic if I link those?

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... user_id=29
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... D=62300692

I ain't got no youtube account, or myspace videos or crunchyroll or anything else. I watch them sometimes but I can't bring myself to sign up for something if I don't have to.
ImageImage