Tough question about sex, age, and the law

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

harbino

Re: Tough question about sex, age, and the law

Post by harbino »

@Scaramouche: She was 16 so it is technically not peadophilia. Only if they are under 16.

Did ya know the legal age is 13 in Japan.

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

harbino wrote:@Scaramouche: She was 16 so it is technically not peadophilia. Only if they are under 16.
Unless of course it requires that she be over 16. The laws are different at every border. 12, 14, 18, 19...
Moving on to new lurking grounds. Have fun, folks.

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Scaramouche wrote:
harbino wrote:@Scaramouche: She was 16 so it is technically not peadophilia. Only if they are under 16.
Unless of course it requires that she be over 16. The laws are different at every border. 12, 14, 18, 19...
Barging in on a point of order - by definition, Clarke isn't a pedophile, whatever the law says she is. She is (or at least she may be) an ephebophile. You're not a pedophile unless you're attracted ot the pre-pubescent. The girls were adolescent, and therefore not the targets of pedophiles.

If you think that's nitpicky, bear in mind that the majority of ephebophiles don't fit the criteria for serial offenders, while most pedophiles do, and most ephebophiles are able to be sexually aroused by older persons while most pedophiles are not.
Further affiant sayeth not.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Pneumonica wrote:Barging in on a point of order - by definition, Clarke isn't a pedophile, whatever the law says she is. She is (or at least she may be) an ephebophile. You're not a pedophile unless you're attracted ot the pre-pubescent. The girls were adolescent, and therefore not the targets of pedophiles.

If you think that's nitpicky, bear in mind that the majority of ephebophiles don't fit the criteria for serial offenders, while most pedophiles do, and most ephebophiles are able to be sexually aroused by older persons while most pedophiles are not.
Well, now. I don't think I've ever heard this term before... One wonders why? ;)

I'd say that (almost) everyone was an ephebophile once, eh? As in "horny teenager"? :D

I will also point out that from the "Sexual Experiences" thread, there are quite a few people on this board who had fun, consensual sex at an age when it was still "against the law"...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

I'm certainly one to talk about that (okay, it was the NISE, but still...).

And, BTW, I'm not actually weighing in on the discussion, I just noticed that the definition of a pedophile was being bounced around and I'm EXTREMELY pedantic about that kind of thing.
Further affiant sayeth not.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Still... the point of the matter is she was making sexually explicit movies of underage girls... in the eyes of the law thats paedophilia as the movies could be sold on to real paedophiles. Despite her own sexual preferances, she was still supporting an illegal industry with her work.

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

Pneumonica wrote:
Scaramouche wrote:
Barging in on a point of order - by definition, Clarke isn't a pedophile, whatever the law says she is. She is (or at least she may be) an ephebophile. You're not a pedophile unless you're attracted ot the pre-pubescent. The girls were adolescent, and therefore not the targets of pedophiles.

It's not nitpicky, it's accurate.
Moving on to new lurking grounds. Have fun, folks.