Le Sigh... more ads, no content.

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

ekuth
Location: In that filthy little corner in the back of your mind...

Le Sigh... more ads, no content.

Post by ekuth »

Wish you all the success in the world... really. But the amount of ads vs. the amount of content lately...

Throw us a bone, please. That's all I'm sayin'.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Re: Le Sigh... more ads, no content.

Post by 'J' »

ok, 3 things:

one: what's on the front page this week is not an ad. an ad would be trying to sell you something. those books have already been sold.

B: since giz & co. have already taken people's money, they have an obligation to get those books signed & delivered in a timely manner. by contrast, the regular comic updates are not contingent on any such contract or guarantee. that makes the books a higher priority in the short term; sometimes sacrifices must be made.

3rd: this small handful of people collectively write, draw, produce, & host six different comics between them, which they update multiple times a week all year round. they do this while still having to manage everything else in their lives (including their own individual web-comics in some cases). and they make all that available to you and me and everyone we know for free. that's enough bones thrown over the years to open a new wing of the smithsonian.

so can we just be a little bit patient and let them get this stuff done in peace?
Yet still, I live...

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

F*cking A. Testify, O Invisible One.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Jean

Post by Jean »

Seeing all that makes me sad I couldn't pledge, as I don't have a credit card, nor could I receive something like that in the mail unnoticed with my current living arrangements.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

J,

I want to add something to this.

I follow a LOT of webcomics. Aside from Girls With Slingshots, Darths and Droids, Flaky Pastry and Go Get a Roomie, most of them have some production hiccups. Blue Milk Special has been dealing with health issues, but most of them have other obligations that sometimes keep them from getting a comic out- and they get one out only once a week. The fact that this team has managed to miss so few updates over such a long period of time is remarkable. Yes, I have to admit that the Kickstarter campaign for the books has been kind of a mess and more than a little chaotic, but it was their first one. I'm hoping that, in the future, they combine the campaigns for all the possible strip related books and make this more organized, but I forgive them for the fact that it's been this chaotic. I understand.

For me, it is incredibly difficult to deal with disruptions like this, but still, I can't wait to get my books :)
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Actually, I see this Kickstarter campaign as being a monumental success. Also, I'm so happy I'm not involved in a successful Webcomic! Based on the pictures, the amount of work required to deliver the goods is huge! Bearing that in mind, I can understand if the updates are a little spread out over the next few days.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Milnoc...I said chaotic and messy, not a failure. It was far more successful than expected :)
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

I too follow a few other webcomics but I also play video games and just goof off on the internet with my free time so it's not a big deal to me either.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Artemisia wrote:Milnoc...I said chaotic and messy, not a failure. It was far more successful than expected :)
horribly successful, to hear some people tell it
Yet still, I live...

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Beyond the dreams of Creosote, I would say...

*waits for people to get the mangled references*

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

*Squick*

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I admit I also winced a bit upon realizing we'd lose multiple comics this weekend.

On the other hand, the forum is nice and quiet. ;)

I assume our creative team was a bit unprepared for the resonance to the Kickstarter campaign, and it all grew above their heads. An idea for the future might be to collect a bunch of guest strips in the preceding months, then unleash those upon us when they have no time to continue the main comics. :)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

I know, Don can draw some guest strips! :D
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Frankly, the team seem to have been better prepared for the consequences of a successful Kickstarter than quite a lot of people. All we've lost is a handful of strips, not a whole comic and the sanity of the team. Cultivating a few additional talented friends who'd enjoy doing guest strips might be a good plan for next time, though...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Anyone want to make predictions?

My short-term predictions:

Matt ends up back with Kiley for more "therapy" after his fling with Peggy causes him to have a relapse.
Didi still won't get her orgasm even if she has sex with Kiley but now has an idea of why she isn't getting one.
Gary will be treated like a sex toy by the pussy parade that's after him and this in turn will cause him to miss his job interview.
Yuki and Sonya will start a "friendly enemies with benefits" arrangment while Zii tries to keep the band together and focused.