Le Sigh... more ads, no content.

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Bambikles

Re: Le Sigh... more ads, no content.

Post by Bambikles »

Spidrift wrote: Cultivating a few additional talented friends who'd enjoy doing guest strips might be a good plan for next time, though...
I would agree this is the good way to doing it. But guest strips scenarii are still viewed or even written by the creative team, so it's still supplementary work and less time for ordinary strips and kickstarters. So I don't have a fixed opinion about this. :-??

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Really, reviewing a guest strip script shouldn't kill anyone. It's not like the Ma3 crew are going to have to reject many for being too sexy or anything - and they make it pretty clear that those aren't canon, so they wouldn't have to worry about that. And it's fun to see how other webcomics creators see this setting sometimes - though I have to admit that very few guest writers get the Ma3 tone quite right. It's hard to combine character-driven sexiness with laughs without getting too crass and explicit.

(Mind you, I can see why the team might not want another guest strip that hits Boneularity levels of success with some readers. A funny-once gag that still gets quoted on the boards ten times a week, years later, for no apparent reason, must get a bit boring for them.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

TCampbell

Post by TCampbell »

Honestly, I would wonder what heaven I had fallen into if any strip I worked on got guest content like the Boneularity strip on a regular basis. I'm properly grateful for all MA3's guest content, but that one was really just dazzling. I caught up with Alex's work recently (he's making preparations to end his first major work), and while I can't claim his schedule has been regular, it's definitely worth looking into!