Menage a 3 - Vol 6 : Discussion

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: Menage a 3 - Vol 6 : Discussion

Post by Artemisia »

Okay, that was confusing me since there's really just two books I want.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

:x Sandra looks so beautiful in the cover
ImageImage

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Spidrift wrote:Anyway, 12K CAD and rising! In fact, some options have been added that assume the 15K and 19K stretch goals will be hit. Which I think is my cue to get my credit card out again...
Yeah, that's... unusual. I mean, they'll probably be hit - the $15k (CND) SDB goal is only $236 (CND) away from being reached as it stands, and the thing's less than a day old - but it's a bit cocky to start adding preorders that assume unmet stretch goals will be reached and thus you'll have the funds to fulfil! (The big difference between basic goals and stretch goals - if you fail with the basic goal, you don't get the funds, but you're not required to fulfil either. Stretch goals, if you have stretch-goal preorder rewards and you don't reach the money you need for them, you're still on the hook...)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah, that struck me as ... technically unwise, though not a big risk in practice. (They've now already hit the funding level for the SDB book, and they're currently just $400 short on the Sandra volume.) I guess one could take it as a tacit admission that they could always grit their teeth and stump up the funds themselves, worst case - or just a way of saying that they know their audience. (Dance, my pretties, dance!)

Really, this is using Kickstarter as a pre-ordering system with a shiny interface and some artificial trigger-points to help drum up excitement. Which is cool; they deserve the money, and we get the books.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Well, as of now, they have backing for Sandra on the Rocks too.

I've put in my pledge. If they drop down to gold editions for two out of the three, I'll switch down to that, but right now, I'm ordering all three. I didn't start following SotR because the artwork, but it's gotten a lot better lately, so I may archive binge it shortly.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

TheEighth wrote:There were five girls in part 1, who's left for him to marry without getting into guys?
Without?

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I suspect we're going to see-

Gary marries Amber
Gary marries Senna
Gary marries Dillon
Gary marries Sandra
and
Gary marries Kiley.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The new 25K stretch goal involves a print of Gary and a lot of girls, and there's a sketch on the Kickstarter site. So I guess the next question is - can we identify all those women? Some of them are obvious cast regulars, but there are rather a lot...
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Time to rev up the $30,000 stretch goal since the $25,000 is about to be met.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Artemisia wrote:I suspect we're going to see-

Gary marries Amber
Gary marries Senna
Gary marries Dillon
Gary marries Sandra
and
Gary marries Kiley.
since you put Amber, Kiley, Sandra and Senna, that means Yuki, Didi, Sonya and Zii were in the first one, who is the fifth person in that one?
ImageImage

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Spidrift wrote:The new 25K stretch goal involves a print of Gary and a lot of girls, and there's a sketch on the Kickstarter site. So I guess the next question is - can we identify all those women? Some of them are obvious cast regulars, but there are rather a lot...
Only one I can't place is the blonde(?) on the far left (L to R; T to B: ???, Chanelle, Yuki, Kiley, Dillon; Peggy, Didi, Gary, Sonya, Zii; Amber, Sandra; Lita).
Attachments
GaryHaremRough.png
GaryHaremRough.png (111.67 KiB) Viewed 6840 times

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

wiseguy wrote:
Artemisia wrote:I suspect we're going to see-

Gary marries Amber
Gary marries Senna
Gary marries Dillon
Gary marries Sandra
and
Gary marries Kiley.
since you put Amber, Kiley, Sandra and Senna, that means Yuki, Didi, Sonya and Zii were in the first one, who is the fifth person in that one?
Chanelle

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Zippy wrote:
Spidrift wrote:The new 25K stretch goal involves a print of Gary and a lot of girls, and there's a sketch on the Kickstarter site. So I guess the next question is - can we identify all those women? Some of them are obvious cast regulars, but there are rather a lot...
Only one I can't place is the blonde(?) on the far left (L to R; T to B: ???, Chanelle, Yuki, Kiley, Dillon; Peggy, Didi, Gary, Sonya, Zii; Amber, Sandra; Lita).
It's Senna.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Zippy wrote:Only one I can't place is the blonde(?) on the far left (L to R; T to B: ???, Chanelle, Yuki, Kiley, Dillon; Peggy, Didi, Gary, Sonya, Zii; Amber, Sandra; Lita).
Good eye. I should have identified Dillon by the heavy eyebrows, which seem to be his visual marker when he's in drag. I'll take your word for it on Amber; I don't recognise her, but I don't deny it could be her either, and of course it's logical for her to be there.
Mandy wrote:It's Senna.
Again, she's certainly got to be there, but I wouldn't have recognised her in the sketch. She'll probably have the darker skin tone and more styled-looking hair in the final version, I guess.
---------
Spidrift

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Vell...guess what just got funded