Future of the Forum.

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Future of the Forum.

Post by Don Alexander »

Bear wrote:
Don Alexander wrote:I actually have a small point... Don't know how it is for you guys, but in my browser, I get the Ma3 logo icon for both the comic tab as well as the Ma3 forum tab - but not for the General Discussion tab. Can that be changed?
Thats weird as I get the logo up for all pages.... are you still getting the phpBB logo for the GD, or nothing at all? If its the phpBB you need to clear your cache and reboot as that was removed from the root directory and shouldn't be visible anymore...
No, I mean the small icon on the left side of a tab in Firefox or Opera. For both the comic page as well as the Ma3 forum I get the red-white "3" as an icon, but for this forum, nothing.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Thats weird as I don't get it at all, just the IE logo.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Bear wrote:Thats weird as I don't get it at all, just the IE logo.
IE????

:-o

Slaps beary-mod on the haunches, hard, to get him to see reason!!!

(No wonder you are always in such an evil mood. ;) )
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Firefox crashes my comps every time I attempt to use it, so I'll stick with IE thankyou very much :p

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Bear wrote:Firefox crashes my comps every time I attempt to use it, so I'll stick with IE thankyou very much :p
Well... :-?
If you are using IE8, I think I can let it pass. It's actually supposed to be pretty good!

Have you tried Opera (which I'm using) or Google Chrome?

Not that I'm forcing anything on anyone...
ImageImage

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Don't like Opera as it has some incompatability issues with some programs and sites I use. Not tried Google Chrome yet, didn't see the point when my IE works fine. And yes its the latest version. I'm not some technological heathen who thinks linux is good. :ymdevil:

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

I don't recommend Google Chrome yet. As of last check (couple months ago) It had some serious caching issues.

I work in the online payment industry, so I have to very aware of browser security issues.

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Personally, I see no great advantage to having third-party software to do everything that the OS-resident software does only with less stability and less integrated into the system. I tried Firefox out and saw no reason to use it at the time, and see less reason now.

I have just today started getting an odd problem - forum pages don't load. They get down so far as the ad banner and then stop. Alternately, they load incompletely. As I type this, I'm typing this in a box that has smiley faces beside it, but most of the format buttons above are gone (and the toolbar is misformatted) along with the "subject" box.

(REVISION: As I type THIS, I've had to copy/paste, because the "submit" button failed to work.)
Further affiant sayeth not.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Thats exactly why I'll never use Firefox. When it wasn't crashing my system, it was mangling pages.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

I started using Firefox because IE was mangling my pages. Guess it's a case by case thing.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Question - Am I the only one getting page glitches and failures to load the page anywhere below the ad-banner whenever a "Feeding America" ad banner is put up? It seem that ad banner is causing page load errors.
Further affiant sayeth not.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I've not seen that one yet so I'd not know Pneu.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

I've actually balsted all the ads with an Opera-Ad-Block and have no problems...
ImageImage

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Don Alexander wrote:I've actually balsted all the ads with an Opera-Ad-Block and have no problems...
I do hope you didn't blast all the ads... like for instance, the ones on the Ma3 homepage.
'Cause... they put food on the table and allow us to make the strip. :)
If you did, buy our book when it comes out. :p ;)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

glagace wrote:I do hope you didn't blast all the ads... like for instance, the ones on the Ma3 homepage.
'Cause... they put food on the table and allow us to make the strip. :)
If you did, buy our book when it comes out. :p ;)
Do I need to feel guilty now? :-s

I actually clicked on, um, forgot name again, that T-shirt site several times. ;) So that should pay for a grain of rice, maybe. :ympray:
ImageImage