Future of the Forum.

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Pneumonica

Re: Future of the Forum.

Post by Pneumonica »

The c--ks, t--s, b--ts, and c--ts forum?

(I considered posting that uncensored, but then decided that Bear would have my pelt if front of his mantle, and not the other way around as I evilly plan...)
Further affiant sayeth not.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Reminds me of a Regurgitator song...so we could just call it "World of Sleaze"
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Well so far we've not gone too far beyond the 16+ rating, and what with so many threads where the activity can get a little graphic, it could be hard splitting or just moving those ones to their own private sector. So far I've not seen anything ban worthy, and I will give warnings before I ban anyone. But we are capable of behaving and keeping these topics from not spilling into any sort of x-rated hardcore as we've shown. I know its inevitable that people will talk about sex and other things, especially when the comic will imply and show things like gay sex and masturbation. The majority of us are adults though so I just ask that we try and tone any sex talk to sensible debate rather then any sort of hardcore descriptions etc.

And as for word censoring, I don't mind the occasional swear if its an emotional topic for someone, but we don't need the F word every other sentance and I know the sensible amoungst us will be able to keep the bad language down as we know its not needed to get a point accross.

And I don't mind the uncensored versions of those words Pneu as they've all been used in context.... that and saying penis, vagina, bottom and breasts does get really long winded when its only immature people who can't cope with them.

That and Pneu skin rug wouldn't be comfy on the old paws.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

I see no trouble as long as the sex talk is mature and in good taste.

but once someone gets lewd and rude. Well. Who needs a hammer when a bears paw is much more devastating?
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

True... but the hammer is much easier to clean. *Eyes some of your recent posts*

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Bear wrote:True... but the hammer is much easier to clean. *Eyes some of your recent posts*
Heh... I think if we start to have people confessing that they are masturbating to other people's posts, then we might have overstepped a boundary. :-?

Edit: On a completely different yet totally on-topic point, I've noticed that quite a few nice threads (MerchManDan's music thread, Dryope's Steampunk-thread, DnE's recipe thread) have been shoved over to page 2, just because a lot of new threads have recently been started and the forum is moving very fast. Now, us Elders know those threads are there, but our new members might think "page 2 is dead drift" and never even look there.

So, any chance of giving the option of increasing the number of threads that are posted on the first page??
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I was thinking about this myself, along with increasing the number of posts per page in a thread above the 10 count. But thats within the design perameters coding so I'll have to get Giz to look into it.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Okay.. slight tweak... we're not displaying 35 topics per page and 15 posts per page within a thread.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Just a few more things...

Firstly: A Third Board. Do we need one for specific topics such as the movies, tv, books etc threads or for debates upon topics?

Secondly: Do we need a character discussion thread made sticking on the Ma3 board for chatter about the characters outside of the current threads activities?

Thirdly: Rules or guidlines. Do we need a set of posting rules or guidelines for how we like people to act within the threads? Keeping to the teen 16 rating, no double posting or spamming etc?

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

you mean "now"?

Ah the signs of progress of growth continue :3
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Okay.. so rulled out the first two options, and just wondering if we need rules or guidelines now?

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Our current system of beliefs and accepted guidelines seems to be working.

Though possibly one rule could be that media content posted can only go as far as the comic has.

no wait. bad idea..

I think we're alright as long as we know not to blow a thread right off its tracks or perform any behaviour directly hurtful to undeserving others.
ImageImageImage

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Okay.. don't seem to need guideling yet... Everyone is mostly behaving.

To look out for in the near future:

1. More contests! Win ranks and spiffy name colours!
2. Do we need a competition winner X colour thats a standard for all contests?
3. More Beary-Modness! :ymdevil:

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I actually have a small point... Don't know how it is for you guys, but in my browser, I get the Ma3 logo icon for both the comic tab as well as the Ma3 forum tab - but not for the General Discussion tab. Can that be changed?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Don Alexander wrote:I actually have a small point... Don't know how it is for you guys, but in my browser, I get the Ma3 logo icon for both the comic tab as well as the Ma3 forum tab - but not for the General Discussion tab. Can that be changed?

Thats weird as I get the logo up for all pages.... are you still getting the phpBB logo for the GD, or nothing at all? If its the phpBB you need to clear your cache and reboot as that was removed from the root directory and shouldn't be visible anymore...