Menage a 3 - Vol 5 : Discussion

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: Menage a 3 - Vol 5 : Discussion

Post by Artemisia »

"Crushed pelvises"
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

With Didi, it always comes back to that episode, doesn't it? :p

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

All those "marriage" strips have to be highly hypothetical gags. Very few of the cast would be capable of lasting five minutes as married people. They're generally way too immature, even leaving aside stuff like Sonya's addiction to novelty and excitement.

Which won't stop these from being good gag strips, but save us from people taking them even vaguely seriously.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Technically, Erik was willing to make a go at something like that. But Zii screwed it all up.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Artemisia wrote:I just have to say...I'm kinda disappointed that it won't include a 'what if' of Gary marrying Dillon...at least I presume.
With only 5 pages, we were limited. We're thinking of doing a part 2 of this for next year. :)

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

So how in the heck does Gary marry Zii? It's probably tied to this strip.

As for a part 2 - yay! I'll start work on a system to get you the payment for Vol. 6 right now. It might be ready by the time the book comes out.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Giz wrote:
Artemisia wrote:I just have to say...I'm kinda disappointed that it won't include a 'what if' of Gary marrying Dillon...at least I presume.
With only 5 pages, we were limited. We're thinking of doing a part 2 of this for next year. :)

that would certainly be interesting :D

I'm still enjoying the strips, btw, though I'm concentrating now on my own writing a lot more so I'm commenting less.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

electricv01

Post by electricv01 »

Giz, is the collector's edition still signed as it was in previous editions? Just want to be sure as it doesn't say on the page. :)
"I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from..." - Spike Spiegel
http://electricvinyl.deviantart.com

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Oops! Missed that part in the copy. Yes, it comes signed. :)

Munroe

Post by Munroe »

Placed my order a few weeks ago. Looking forward to it. I think all my volumes are signed except volume 1, because it was already out when I started reading the strip.

I'm Commander Shepard and MA3 is my favorite webcomic on the Internet.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

And ordered. :ymparty: #:-s It seems like every July something comes up to nip at me and make it dodgy on if I'll be able to get the book. :-w
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

I just got a shipping notice! Yipee!

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

I haven't gotten my shipping notice yet. :((
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

It was funny, I got a package with a book in it today and went- huh? That didn't take long, I just got the notification today that it shipped.

It wasn't Ma3, but still lol.

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

Just got vol 5 and I love the probable marriage strips. The one that seemed the most probable is Yuki's. :ymhug: Sonya's annoyed me, :-Q Chantel's seemed cruel even for our favorite whipping boy, =(( Zii's seemed more like Zii's fantasy & Gary's nightmare. :-?? Didi's made me laugh the most and I consider it the 2nd most probable. At least in a hypothetical future Didi finally gets her jollies. :-bd