"Reported Attack Page"

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

okaba00

Re: "Reported Attack Page"

Post by okaba00 »

just tried again a minute ago and it seems to be all fine now.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Hmm. Still not getting through on the PC but fine on the iPad here.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Sorry, I should have said there - the blocking message is now coming from my anti-virus software, Trend Micro, rather than from Google. So it looks like the false-positive warning percolated through to Trend's systems and hasn't been cleared there. I've clicked on a "Please review that site" button; I hope that Trend will get their act together soon.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Bloody Vikings

Post by Bloody Vikings »

It's now behaving just fine for me in both Firefox and Chrome. Hopefully it's done now.
Proud owner of one "Gotcha" point, courtesy of TBeholder and 1.35 Internets (after taxes) from Don Alexander.
Also one IOU for an internets from FragileMara.

okaba00

Post by okaba00 »

still working fine with me. hopefully it is just with you Spidrift and it didn't actually install anything on mine.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I've asked TrendMicro to look at the site. So far, it's still tripping their stuff.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'ven been getting through okay, but that may just be Trend taking the hint after I told it firmly once. Sounds like the company are being a bit slow to okay the site.
---------
Spidrift

okaba00

Post by okaba00 »

so then what's going on with the site? it's virus free, but some browsers are being slow to remove the warning?

Mint-Pie

Post by Mint-Pie »

I'm glad it seems to be back to normal, as the only thing now I risk being infected from here is the liberal agenda (for which I am already well protected from)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

okaba00 wrote:so then what's going on with the site? it's virus free, but some browsers are being slow to remove the warning?
The warnings are coming from Google or anti-virus company servers. Those companies will want to confirm that the site is clean before removing the warning. Unfortunately, they can be a bit slow sometimes.
---------
Spidrift

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

...And indeed, Trend Micro is still causing my PC to block the site. Oh poo. Somebody yell at them. Or threaten to sue them for lost income.
---------
Spidrift

Castamir

Post by Castamir »

Trivial fix:
• install AdBlock. Fixes all rogue ad servers instantly, and is needed to make most pages readable.
• disable SafeBrowsing/"block reported attack sites"/etc. I've yet to see something there that's not a false positive (assuming ad crap being blocked)
I hate dancing, but for your grave I can make an exception.

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

The warnings went away for me with the newest strip using ChromeOS on my Chromebook and with Chrome on my Windows desktop.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I'm one of those weird people using Opera. Never had a problem.

But then... Adblock...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Good news everybody....TrendMicro stopped blocking the site.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"