I have a Dream...finally, fulfilled!

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Bear
BANNED

Re: I have a Dream...finally, fulfilled!

Post by Bear »

Well I appologise for my thoughtless comment and to anyone it may have offended. It was meant in jest and I didn't mean for it to be taken the way that some people have.

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

Don't worry, Bear --know that you meant no harm but it did come off as something rather I would normally do...thankfully, we all change from our mistakes given time. Too err is to be human!
Last edited by oni on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Sometimes Oni, I wish you would use punctuation....I Don't know what you're saying!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Asaryu wrote:Sometimes Oni, I wish you would use punctuation....I Don't know what you're saying!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
That's okay. Goes with his Office. ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I thought jesters were meant o be cryptic and wise, not unintelligible :D

I suppose it's safer for everyone not to know who is being mocked.

Oni, I wouldn't change a thing

*Monster-hugs*
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Asaryu wrote:I thought jesters were meant o be cryptic and wise, not unintelligible :D
You do know that comprehension of his posts is your job. :roll:

So... what does that tell us? :twisted:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Could I please have some ointment for my burn?

:oops:

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Asaryu wrote:Could I please have some ointment for my burn?

:oops:
Awwwww. Do you realize how cute you are when you do that?? :D

Here, have some ointment, and some of poo-poo face's booze. And a get-well hug.
ImageImage

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I would like to donate my booze to a worthy cause...since I don't drink.

But the ointment will do nicely.

*curtsey*

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

I hardly can tell if using too much or very little punctuation when posting my comments. Well if I can't be of much use in dealing with my favorite subject "Politics" than indeed really do need to to stop posting all together; Unless people want to continue carrying on commenting in this thread, than do so otherwise request Bear to lock this thread.

Going back to Fan Art and no longer bothering with participating in any other threads (not mad) irritated!

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

I'm beginning to get fuck all tired of this, "He's got relatives, he must be evil." McCain is married to a descendant of the Nazi party. Was that ever brought up? No. Did it ever matter? Not a single fucking bit. Why? What did she ever do. If you wanna say Obama was paling around with terrorists or his preacher was a bigot, fine. But quit with the goddamned relatives, it's freaking sickening, it's sad, it's pathetic, and it proves your own shortcomings.
Asaryu wrote:I thought jesters were meant o be cryptic and wise, not unintelligible :D
Encrypted and wise. That's close enough, right? :D
Further affiant sayeth not.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I have to agree with the relatives thing. My sister is a racist, a bigot and a homophobe, but that doesn't make me a homophobe any more than my bisexuality makes her bi. Even loose associations aren't all that big a deal. I mean, I still hang out with her by choice, and I can talk about things, but that doesn't mean I agree with everything or even anything that she says.

I had a teacher in high school that I looked up to incredibly, and then I found out he was racist, but that didn't stop me from appreciating the subject he was teaching, or the particular aspects of him I respected. This guilt by association thing bugs me, cos I have a lot of friends from a lot of different backgrounds, but I know a lot of people who are very angry with the world. I am not, but they are. If one of them does something stupid, I should not be implicated in the action just cos i had them over after uni.

These individuals need to be judged on their actions, not on their associations. And my personal affilliations don't tend to impact on how well I can do a job. If these people are bad at a job, then yeah, they can get the fuck out. If they have friends and family that are bad for the job...not quite so relevant.

I've been accused of being guilty by association on more than one occasion. usually by people who do not know me very well, and who don't understand how independent I am. But in the end, it was the fool who accused without justification or adequate evidence of my own wrongdoing that got the egg on their face. But it hurt all the same. Bullshit rumors going around about how I'm a bad person based on the fact that I hang out with someone still effects the way other people think about me, and I still have to deal with the social purgatory until it dawns on everyone that I'm the person they know, not the person they've been told about.

So yeah. it gets my goat too. There's too much guilt by association and not enough evidence of wrongdoing flying about for my tastes.

Aren

Post by Aren »

Guilt by association is just as foolish as the 'Obama's a Muslim' bullshit. 'Nuff said.

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

oni wrote:Scaramouche: Thank you for the links, and due be careful not to offend any one who may happen to be Jewish call me paranoid. Safer than sorry!
Well, I don't care about the religion of those involved. My only concern is that the organisation has been busted spying on the USA, and Obama is all buddy-buddy with them. If they were Buddhist or Animists and doing what they're doing, I'd still point it out.
Moving on to new lurking grounds. Have fun, folks.

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

Pneumonica wrote:I'm beginning to get fuck all tired of this, "He's got relatives, he must be evil." McCain is married to a descendant of the Nazi party. Was that ever brought up? No. Did it ever matter? Not a single fucking bit. Why? What did she ever do. If you wanna say Obama was paling around with terrorists or his preacher was a bigot, fine. But quit with the goddamned relatives, it's freaking sickening, it's sad, it's pathetic, and it proves your own shortcomings.
The problem is not one nasty relative. It's the whole collection of bad associations. William Ayers, terrorist. New COS associated with terrorists and those committing espionage against the USA. Getting funding from those conducting espionage against the USA. Obama is also associated with extreme racists through his church.

Now those are all facts. Stating facts doesn't prove any shortcomings on the part of those who are aware of the facts. However, ignoring those facts and declaring that mentioning facts indicates personal shortcomings (ie. making personal attacks rather than addressing the facts) does show shortcomings. It reveals a mind driven by emotions rather than rational thought, and a desire to shift focus away from facts and toward emotive debate and often insults.
Moving on to new lurking grounds. Have fun, folks.