A Response From Your Local Transsexual

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Nathan Dorian

A Response From Your Local Transsexual

Post by Nathan Dorian »

Dirty n Evil wrote:
Nathan Dorian wrote:Seriously, guys, what the Hell?
Nathan is completely and utterly 100% correct. What's more, I'm embarrassed that I didn't speak up for him sooner. There is a certain degree of respect that we should all show one another not only as people, but on a more personal level as fellow fans of a wonderfully entertaining webcomic.

While I believe Phoenix was attempting to be playful in his comment rather than offensive, I'll still say I'm sorry for not butting in earlier.

[playful impishness] Give the word, Nathan, and I'll go more Evil than Dirty on them. [/playful impishness]
I think I probably reacted a bit too, "Grr!" out of instinct. Need to kick my own arse there, methinks.
midgetshrimp wrote:I only went through my spiel because I thought it was obvious. I was picking on Phoenix and didn't mean to offend. My apologies.
No worries, you didn't offend me in the slightest. C:
Pneumonica wrote: @Nathan: I somewhat understand the gender/sex thing, though perhaps on a lesser scale. Being gender neutral is a only a mild toughie toughie for me, mostly because I can still dress approximately correctly for sex (you're unlikely to ever see me in a skirt). Everybody I know in person wants to prove that I'm a real guy (aside from one or two noteworthy exceptions, but those were lesbians). And most of the people online want to prove I'm a chick (I'm only moderately joking on this).

On the flip side, the "it" thing is sort of a mandate of the language - there's no pronoun for me, for instance. I get "he" or "it". Guess which one I go by. So don't harsh them too much. For not asking... yeah, sure. But the "it" part is unavoidable (sadly).
Mm, I suppose so.

I'd just rather people asked than went for a possibly offensive 'pronoun'. 'It' makes people sound far too much like mindless golems.
Don Alexander wrote:Excuse me if I'm still slightly confused. Have I got it correct that your genetic makeup is XX? I.e., you were born female?? (Female-to-male sounds like it involves a temporal causality, and I assume a transgendered person would identify with the "new, inner" gender, not the original, genetic one, and you call yourself male.)

I hope I am not stepping on your toes here. If this gets to personal, just tell me off and refrain from an answer. ;)

But I am curious. You are still quite young (20, according to you). I'm not into this topic but I would assume that sex-change operations usually take place later in life. Both due to the "It took a long time but I finally realize who I am" thing as well as to, hm, not sure, but these things must be kinda expensive, and does health insurance pay for that? It's kind of ephemeral and hard to "prove", I would think. Also, your fiancé, at least from his pictures, looks like a "normal" guy. So, would this make him homosexual, if he is male (born) and you are male (transgendered)? This seems to me a bit of a peculiar set-up. I once knew, hm, let's just say, a person (as Pneu states, "it" is pretty much unavoidable) who has a female body but feels to be a male. While (s)he is bisexual, all in all, in terms of permanent commitment, (s)he is more attuned to girls, which makes her/him rather more heterosexual, i.e. "I am male, and I am attracted to females".

Jeez, I've probably never asked anyone such deep-going questions before... :? I hope I am not crossing any boundaries here, but you are not making a secret of it, and I guess some other board members might also be interested in this topic. So bear with me, please. If I get blasted down, I'll just delete this post... :(
No worries, natural curiousity is the least offensive thing in the world to me. Never be afraid to ask - it is much better than just going on assumptions and ignorance, y'know?

I am young, however I've known I was a dude 'inside' since I was about 13 so for me it seems more like forever. Transition-wise, I've had my name and title changed and I effectively live as male to the best of my ability with the support of my family and friends.

In theory, any medical transition (hormones, surgery) would be paid for here in Ye Merry Olde England by the National Health Service. However, that's... A complicated subject, where the NHS personally failed me and I'd rather not go into it. For most people though, it's a long waiting-list but you still get good, cheap / free service.

However, it is fooking expensive outside of the NHS or in other places around the world. Insanely so.

On the subject of my fiance.. We're in a homosexual relationship. C: He has known me as male but female-bodied from the beginning, three years ago, and has never had a problem with it.
oni wrote:20 words or less slim...20 words or less. You can do it! I believe in you.

nathan is a dude but a chic...eh, either way would hit that so hard --does this make me a tranzgender-heterosexual-ghey-not-ghey-borderline freaky-not tedbundy freaky-mr.rogers won't you be my neighbor-not-um...if'n..be...brain fart, bleh!
....*Patpat*

Right.

Are we done? XD

oni
BANNED

Re: A Response From Your Local Transsexual

Post by oni »

If I didn't know any better could've sworn you swooning over me; snoo-snoo l8ter perhaps by chance...hmm, maybe? :) :D ;)
:arrow: :arrow: :!: :arrow: :arrow: :idea: :arrow: :arrow: :mrgreen: <--------- Sign language of love, mon cherie *puts rose in mouth, flamingo dances* Ole!
*God it's literally 6:oo am in the morn...wtf? No coffee "NOOOOOO"*

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Nathan Dorian wrote:Are we done? XD
C'mon, I just showed myself as a supportive individual who was concerned about another living person! It can't be over... I need to do something Evil if I'm to keep being Dirty 'n Evil! It's part of the natural balance, I tell you! Must... do... something... evil!

(Glad we got everything cleared up, and that you're not angry at the message board, Nathan! :) ]
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

And now a word from our sponsors...

If Dave or Gis actually post after this I'll fall over laughing.
Further affiant sayeth not.

Nathan Dorian

Post by Nathan Dorian »

Pneumonica wrote:And now a word from our sponsors...

I already secretly worship Gis like a fool, so that cannot possibly happen or I'll spontaneously combust.

DMoness

Post by DMoness »

Glad to see Nathan isn't angry anymore. We all have a time we reacted to something that we look back too and thought maybe i came over a bit to harsh. We are all just human. The thing that makes it a bit more difficult on fora's is that sometimes what is meant as a joke/friendly jab can be read in another way the person gets really offended by it.

Though i have to agree the use of "it" to describe another person might be a bit uncalled for, but it wasn't done to offend anyone.
I like this forum, the people are fun and open(and slightly weird).

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Dirty n Evil wrote:C'mon, I just showed myself as a supportive individual who was concerned about another living person! It can't be over... I need to do something Evil if I'm to keep being Dirty 'n Evil! It's part of the natural balance, I tell you! Must... do... something... evil!
Yeah! You and Pneu, as well, who was seen giving wonderful compliments to wonderful cheese fairies. :o

I'm still in :shock: .
Dirty n Evil wrote:(Glad we got everything cleared up, and that you're not angry at the message board, Nathan! :) ]
Very happy about that too, was a bit worried there but could not hold back...

I think we have an impressive track record so far at keeping everything both open and very civilized!!!

*hugs the board*

Okay, enough! :oops:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Ugh. All of this happy go lucky crap sickens me. What's wrong with you people? Where's the hate? :lol:
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

DMoness

Post by DMoness »

midgetshrimp wrote:Ugh. All of this happy go lucky crap sickens me. What's wrong with you people? Where's the hate? :lol:
On an official mmo forum i used to go. The funnest thing most people did there was flame each other :roll:

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

midgetshrimp wrote:Ugh. All of this happy go lucky crap sickens me. What's wrong with you people? Where's the hate? :lol:
*Beats midget with flaming pitchforks* That enough hate for you? :twisted:

Subject in hand... I'm keeping as far away from it as possibly since my sisters a surgeon, so I know exactly whats involved...

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Bear wrote:

Subject in hand... I'm keeping as far away from it as possibly since my sisters a surgeon, so I know exactly whats involved...
Funny you should do that... Ive actually set my hair on fire once. Singed off one of my eyebrows at the same time too.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Nathan Dorian

Post by Nathan Dorian »

Bear wrote:

Good fun, innit?

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

Nathan Dorian wrote:
Bear wrote:

Good fun, innit?
<3<3<3<3<3 "Like a rollstone cowboy-y-y-y-y *randome guy screaming in background "Heeee-yah!"* mmm, yes indeed "hee-yah!" :lol: :roll:
Pneumonica wrote:And now a word from our sponsors...
[Lambchops commercial] "This is a song that doesn't e-- *Roaaaar, glfmg glfmg glmg, glorg...gulp...burp*
Barnie: "Been waiting to do that for years now there can only be one PBSHIGHLANDER" *Corps rises in air electricity spewing everywhere engulfing the champion followed by cheesy soundtrack n ghey kidfriendly dinosoar giggle*
:?: :arrow: :arrow: :x :arrow: :arrow: :| :arrow: :arrow: :cry:

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Oh, it occurs to me that I should point this out: I'm dyslexic. Transsexuals don't help that condition any. I will screw up your gender. A lot. Just warning you.
Further affiant sayeth not.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Pneumonica wrote:Oh, it occurs to me that I should point this out: I'm dyslexic. Transsexuals don't help that condition any. I will screw up your gender. A lot. Just warning you.
As long as you're not dylsexic... ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)