A Response From Your Local Transsexual

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

oni
BANNED

Re: A Response From Your Local Transsexual

Post by oni »

stephaielikes wrote:
oni wrote:Need anymore reasons?
I thought quality over quantity was your preference.
It is, but in your case makes me suspicious.

tilde wrote:
midgetshrimp wrote:[...] only half of what Oni writes is legible anyway [...]
oni wrote:Wait what you mean half?
No kidding. At least 80% of what oni writes is completely opaque to me. I can't really tell whether it's a language-barrier type of thing, or a "lookameimsozany" type of thing. Either way, I stopped paying attention to the whatever content is recoverable from his posts a while back (and I only joined the forum 3 days ago).
That's because I'M joking all the time, I'm just messing around. Wait, who the hell are you that I should be defending myself stfu, bra!

stephaielikes

Post by stephaielikes »

oni wrote:...artful, not someone can foresee being the type would run into in RL and all the pseudo-intellectual jive you bringing isn't impressing anybody.Why did you decide to come into this very thread to start being cozy with Nathan? Being all I'm here for you, understand what ur going through emotionally I've been there yadda-yadda. Too early in the game to be pulling that con off on here, chica! Need anymore reasons?
Pseudo-intellectual? Where?

I didn't say I've been there, at all?

Oni, it seems to me that you're taking a very general opinion of 'fake' people and applying it to a specific case. You know very, very little about me; it's nigh-on impossible to make an accurate assessment as to whether this is me being genuine or not. Your desire to be 'artful' is perhaps stifling your ability to be accurate. I decided to come into the thread and comment showing sympathy (not empathy, as you suggest above) with Nathan because, as I've stated several times, I have a close friend who has gone through trans-sexuality, and often feels her voice is ridiculed if she tries to express it. I don't mind what Nathan's response is; on a personal level, I'd like to register my approval.
I assume your reading is 'she's coming in here and wants to make everyone like her by being fake'. I've presented opinions in agreement and disagreement to forum members; if I was here for praise, I'd not have bothered with the disagreement, and played along a lot more. As it stands, I'm instead just expressing my view.
I don't think you're trolling, in all honesty; although it is interesting that your claim that you are just expressing your true opinion rather conflicts with your claim that you're here to mess with people.
'Did you just squeeze my butt?'
'You must not know fear. Fear is the butt-killer.'
'...was that... Doom?'

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

Code: Select all

I didn't say I've been there, at all?

Oni, it seems to me that you're taking a very general opinion of 'fake' people and applying it to a specific case. You know very, very little about me; it's nigh-on impossible to make an accurate assessment as to whether this is me being genuine or not. Your desire to be 'artful' is perhaps stifling your ability to be accurate. I decided to come into the thread and comment showing sympathy (not empathy, as you suggest above) with Nathan because, as I've stated several times, I have a close friend who has gone through trans-sexuality, and often feels her voice is ridiculed if she tries to express it. I don't mind what Nathan's response is; on a personal level, I'd like to register my approval.
I assume your reading is 'she's coming in here and wants to make everyone like her by being fake'. I've presented opinions in agreement and disagreement to forum members; if I was here for praise, I'd not have bothered with the disagreement, and played along a lot more. As it stands, I'm instead just expressing my view.
I don't think you're trolling, in all honesty; although it is interesting that your claim that you are just expressing your true opinion rather conflicts with your claim that you're here to mess with people.

Well we can settle this here and now. Provide a picture of said friend with you in it hugging, at a party, doing whatever it is you two enjoy doing together, then and only then will I take you being genuine. Apologize for being so very territorial compared to me earlier messing with you out of fun. But yeah, do it! Otherwise have good reasons to not trust whatever you post on the boards.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

oni wrote:Well we can settle this here and now. Provide a picture of said friend with you in it hugging, at a party, doing whatever it is you two enjoy doing together, then and only then will I take you being genuine. Apologize for being so very territorial compared to me earlier messing with you out of fun. But yeah, do it! Otherwise have good reasons to not trust whatever you post on the boards.
I must be missing something. Oni, what the fuck is your problem with Stephaielikes??? I have seen nothing anywhere that screamed "fake", "pseudo-intellectual", or all the other things you have been calling her, not to mention any reasons to doubt she has a transgendered friend and has something of value to contribute to this thread. And I'm highly astonished how peacefully she is taking all this.

I will also note that there were several people who leaned pretty hard on Phoenix and Midgetshrimp after some pretty harmless (and partly misunderstood) comments concerning Nathan Dorian. Something which cleared itself up pretty quickly in this thread, with no damage done. What oni is doing here is much worse, so where is everyone?? :|

And, oni, don't you dare tell me again to "stfu, brah." I am not your "brah" and no one tells me to shut the fuck up. :x
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

“Sir! We have an cascading overreaction in phpBB Engine Nodes #1, 3, 7 and 22!”

“Och, laddie, haven’t I told ye, don’t tamper with the Eleventh Commandment? ‘Thou shalt not take thyself too seriously.’ Quick, initiate a Cheap Distracting Humor Dump before we have a complete meltdown!”

“Aye aye, sir!”

[Mutters] “And to think I gave up writing Vogon poetry for this…” :mrgreen:
I think outside the tesseract.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Retiarius wrote:[Mutters] “And to think I gave up writing Vogon poetry for this…” :mrgreen:
Some Vogon poetry is sorely needed. Bleeding eyes and ears keep us from posting further. ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

DMoness

Post by DMoness »

Even is Oni is right(since i understand his reasoning and agree with 1 point). I find it very disrespectful to the topicstarted to make such an argument in this topic. That is where the pm buttons are for. So use those

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

stephaielikes wrote:It's an issue that matters to me (aforementioned friend), Oni, so I do speak about it. Just as you seem to speak quite strongly about people on the boards (see above).
:)
He's just bitter because I'm playing nice. I don't do it too often - I need to get it out of my system periodically or else it builds up and causes short-outs and other malfunctions, and if it gets too bad the whole thing'll go tango upsilon. Incidentally, y'all are wankers. That is all. :D
Further affiant sayeth not.

Nathan Dorian

Post by Nathan Dorian »

stephaielikes wrote:Nathan; it's absolutely awesome to see you so comfortable. One of my closest friends is male-to-female, and is really having a tough time of it. It's also great you have an accepting boyfriend. I don't want to make you into a matyr, because from my view there's nothing wrong with you; but I'm sure you've faced some difficulties, and you seem to have overcome them well. Posting here is good, too.
:)
I just see it as - we all face difficulties in life. We all have our fair share of bollocks to deal with, mine is just a little more awkward than some.

'N' yes, I am incredibly lucky.
stephaielikes wrote:...I didn't construct a story with plotholes. I just said I had a friend.
Here's the lass in question.

The smilies aren't meant to melt your heart. Don't give me so little credit that you think I'm always literal.
She looks awesome. C:

However, posting your transgendered friend to prove a point is not the most clever idea.

Now kids, please quit arguing over trivial matters.

No-one here has to prove themselves, because unless someone is in the process of being hurt? It's best to just respond happily on a forum and generally be wary, but not look into things too much.

I think that Oni is a nice chap, but needs to take a chill pill and calm the Hell down, seriously.

'Thus far on this forum, everyone seems geuinely pretty cool, so I'm personally quite happy. The people who asked me questions 'bout my transgenderism? Awesome. The people who have given me lovely responses? Awesome. The people who just don't give a damn because it's not relevent to the comic? Awesome.

Now let's all kiss and make up. D:<

stephaielikes

Post by stephaielikes »

(I got her permission beforehand, for the record, although I can see that may not be your reservation)
'...was that... Doom?'

Nathan Dorian

Post by Nathan Dorian »

stephaielikes wrote:(I got her permission beforehand, for the record, although I can see that may not be your reservation)
Mmhm, yeah we don't know if that's true or not, y'know?

Posting photos of other people in general is iffy, but if they're transgendered? It's not worth the risk, transgendered people already deal with enough theoretical danger.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I'm not going to wade into this arguement... I'm just going to leave these burning pitchforks conveiniently over here, then go get some popcorn.

I will say though that personally I couldn't care less if someone was transgendered or not. I mean that in the sense of I don't care what race, religion, colour, creed, sexual preference or social upbringing a person is so long as they're a good person; before anyone gets me wrong. I just wish more people were like that then the world would be a much nicer place.

stephaielikes

Post by stephaielikes »

Nathan Dorian wrote:
stephaielikes wrote:(I got her permission beforehand, for the record, although I can see that may not be your reservation)
Mmhm, yeah we don't know if that's true or not, y'know?
But your not knowing if it's true or not is completely unimportant. If I was lying (and I'd be a bit strange to...), the fact that you didn't believe me wouldn't change anything- the picture would still be up, and your not believing wouldn't have effect. And since I'm not (whether or not you believe it), your not knowing is irrelevant- it doesn't particularly bug me.

That may come off as overly harsh, but my point is essentially that it doesn't matter if you 'know' or not.

Her general view seems to be that she's got no reason to hide herself away (which, given your posting and your pictures, you seem to agree with). The only time she really dressed as a male against her will was within the cadet force.

With all of that aside (because to be honest, accusing me of being dishonest or suggesting that I might be is a waste of time, as you'll never know), I agree with Bear's point. There was an interesting debate on Radio 4 a few weeks ago, in which an African woman said she wanted people to 'recognise she was a black woman', but not discriminate against it. The point she was making is that we can recognise things such as race, gender, sexuality and beliefs are a big part and an influence on us, and yet not judge by them. Trying to ignore the issue entirely is absurd, and defining someone by their parameters is too. I think Bear has the nail on the head in that sense.

In regards to the strip and the suggestion that Didi may be a 'drag queen'... I think this was very cleverly done. There's nothing like injecting some doubt to make people reveal how much they've invested in someone being what they seem... in other words, it demonstrates quite nicely Zii and Gary's 'affection' for Didi. ;)
'...was that... Doom?'

Nathan Dorian

Post by Nathan Dorian »

Bear wrote:I'm not going to wade into this arguement... I'm just going to leave these burning pitchforks conveiniently over here, then go get some popcorn.

I will say though that personally I couldn't care less if someone was transgendered or not. I mean that in the sense of I don't care what race, religion, colour, creed, sexual preference or social upbringing a person is so long as they're a good person; before anyone gets me wrong. I just wish more people were like that then the world would be a much nicer place.
I fully support this notion. C:

stephaielikes, I never once accused you of being dishonest, and I'll leave it at that.

DMoness

Post by DMoness »

Bear wrote: I will say though that personally I couldn't care less if someone was transgendered or not. I mean that in the sense of I don't care what race, religion, colour, creed, sexual preference or social upbringing a person is so long as they're a good person; before anyone gets me wrong. I just wish more people were like that then the world would be a much nicer place.
Agrees fully with Bear