Menage a 3 - Vol 4 : Discussion

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

John Callaghan

Re: Menage a 3 - Vol 4 : Discussion

Post by John Callaghan »

I've only heard about Vol. 4 two days ago - and luckily I had an unexpected payment from a film extra job which allowed me to place my order! (Funds would otherwise not have allowed me that luxury.) They'd already paid me, you see, but it turned out they hadn't given me the full amount. It's as if they knew...

I'm torn between seeing what autographs Giz and Dave come up with, and asking for a personalised very silly message of my own. I can't think of anything daft enough, so I'll leave them to it, I think!

BobDole

Post by BobDole »

Just have them sign it:

In memory of all signatures past.
May their ink never fade,
May their jots and tittles be forever struck,
And may this be worth enough to put my kid through college in twenty years.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Yea, my finances are letting this happen for me. :-bd
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I've just had a shipping notice for my copy. Woohoo, proot, stuff like that...

(So now I'm at the mercy of two post offices and an airliner. Ah, well, deferred gratification is good for the soul.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

It shipped! :)

Final_Cataclsym

Post by Final_Cataclsym »

Ladies and Gentleman, it has arrived at my doorstep today! The bonus story is amazing once you figure out who is in the the four panels featuring Matt as a girl. Giz drew me a picture of Kiley and among Dave's signature was "Reverse MA3 Secret: Yuki fears Tacos."

Thanks much everyone and when you guys get it, we can discuss it more at length.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

I got it! \M/

That gender bender story... Yikes! Talk about confusing! :))

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Sooooooooon!
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

TheDude
Resident Redhead

Post by TheDude »

It arrived today. :D

Love the bonus story, it's impressive how well the characters' main traits survive the transformation.
Last edited by TheDude on Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Time spent in happy delusion is never wasted." Frazz by Jef Mallet

"We fear change." Garth Algar

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Especially Didier's traits!

Unfortunately. X(

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I think mine is still going to take several weeks... :(( :(( :((
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

I need a permanent address before I order mine. That won't happen until September.

*sobs*
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Mine arrived this morning. <Woohoo!> <Bounce!> <Bounce!>
Final_Cataclsym wrote:Giz drew me a picture of Kiley and among Dave's signature was "Reverse MA3 Secret: Yuki fears Tacos."
Yeah, I got both those too. Is cool. I also got a postcard featuring Sandra and Senna.

The bad news; the cast page is largely unchanged, although the entry for Eulice is replaced by one for Senna. Oh well, I guess a lot of the "facts" in there (e.g. Gary's virginity) were still correct at the start of that volume. Still, it should help resolve a few recurrent board arguments when we finally get a proper update. Which will have to come next year.

The good news: The reverse-sexes strips are fun, and do make some efforts to shift the relationships between the characters to reflect the different gender dynamics. This isn't just bolting the boobies onto different chests. Also, I must say, Matilda is hot.

However, over-analysing - Geri's problem just isn't convincing. The idea that a reasonably good-looking woman who really wants to get laid could make it to 29 without succeeding just strains my belief too far. (And Geri is if anything more conventionally attractive for her sex than Gary is for his. He might be called skinny; she's simply slim. And she doesn't have his occasional atrocious posture.) Much more likely, Geri would have suffered a series of unhappy-verging-on-abusive relationships with men who exploited her desperation. (A bit like DiDi, no doubt.) The asymmetry should be greater.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Spidrift wrote:However, over-analysing - Geri's problem just isn't convincing. The idea that a reasonably good-looking woman who really wants to get laid could make it to 29 without succeeding just strains my belief too far.
Ever saw the 1987 movie Dragnet with Dan Aykroyd and Tom Hanks? It also featured an older yet still very attractive female virgin. :p

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Ah, The Virgin Connie Swell...
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."