Eerie Cuties - Volume 1

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: Eerie Cuties - Volume 1

Post by Artemisia »

It comes in an envelope, and I hate to say it, but no one in my family ever seems to find it odd that I have books full of manga or cartoons. I am a storyteller, so...
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Yeah, it comes in a plain brown manilla envelope...

...with "Adult MATERIAL" printed on the side... :D

So it should be very safe to receive at work and home... or have it sent to General Delivery in your town.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Random Wanderer

Post by Random Wanderer »

/:) Does it really now? EC doesn't contain any adult material. I wouldn't say it's for kids, but... heck, my manga volumes of Mahou Sensei Negima have far more suggestive content and obscured nudity than EC, and even they aren't labled adult material.

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

You could probably have it shipped to a PO box or delivered to you at work, depending on where you work.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

jonwii
BANNED

Post by jonwii »

You can bring Eerie Cuties to Comic-Con so the fan and everyone will love it.

And is there be a live action film version of Eerie Cuties?

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Random Wanderer wrote:Does it really now?
No, it doesn't. All that's on the package(s) are the from and to addresses. And because of customs, it says that there's a book on the inside (or 2 or whatever) and that's it.
jonwii wrote:You can bring Eerie Cuties Vol.0 and Vol.1 at real store like Barnes and Noble.

And everyone will buy it at Barnes and Noble.
We've looked into this, and it's a risky thing to do. Being on Amazon would be fairly easy but then we automatically lose 50% of the sale for an online order... so, doesn't make much sense for us little guys. We'd also lose 50% in a store like Barnes & Noble but with them, if the book doesn't sell, they return it; and then you're stuck with a bunch of books that have been manhandled, and you can't sell them. And where would they put us? With the American superhero comics or with the manga? I'm gonna say manga, but with our names, we'll be seen as OEL, so again, a hard sell to those who only buy japanese.

Getting into comic book stores would be easy enough, but again, you lose 50%. We've done tests in some comic stores, and in some, the books sell, and in others, not. Comic book stores tend to be very superhero oriented.

We've talked about doing omnibus editions in the future, when we have a few books under our belt. Maybe we'll revisit the book store option then... if they're still around.

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

Giz wrote: We've talked about doing omnibus editions in the future, when we have a few books under our belt. Maybe we'll revisit the book store option then... if they're still around.
Given the cost of publishing and shipping books, maintaining, staffing and advertising bookstores now a days vs buying E-books or ordering on line; face it guys in 5 to 10 years bookstores will probably small specialty venues like they were when I was in high school, if at all. I don't want to derail this thread but you may want to look into getting a credit card or account strictly for buying material like this on-line.
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

We may do e-books. With the new Kindles and all the tablets now available, it might make sense. We could maybe grab an audience that doesn't read webcomics.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Searcher wrote:
Giz wrote: We've talked about doing omnibus editions in the future, when we have a few books under our belt. Maybe we'll revisit the book store option then... if they're still around.
Given the cost of publishing and shipping books, maintaining, staffing and advertising bookstores now a days vs buying E-books or ordering on line; face it guys in 5 to 10 years bookstores will probably small specialty venues like they were when I was in high school, if at all. I don't want to derail this thread but you may want to look into getting a credit card or account strictly for buying material like this on-line.

That's why I used a reloadable debit card for ordering stuff online.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Random Wanderer

I have a Visa check card, I just have personal issues with letting PayPal touch it.

rainking187

Post by rainking187 »

Giz wrote:We've talked about doing omnibus editions in the future, when we have a few books under our belt. Maybe we'll revisit the book store option then... if they're still around.
If this happens I hope there's no new content in them. I've bought all the books released so far for both Ma3 and Eerie Cuties, and I wouldn't want to rebuy the whole series just for a few new pages. I've had books I've purchased do that before, and it always sours me on the whole series.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

No worries, we wouldn't do that. If anything, we'd remove the bonus stories. But anyway, it's in the future, and may never happen.

Nezu Chiza

Post by Nezu Chiza »

CE ordered! It'll look nice next to my other CE's for EQ and Ma3. :)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

EQ? Eerie Q-Tips? :-\
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Random Wanderer

Phew. Have a check and such in an envelope all set to go out tomorrow. Of course, Heaven only knows how long it will take the delightfully well-organized US Postal Service to send a single envelope 200 miles north to Quebec. I keep envisioning them routing it to Texas first, for some bizarre reason.

Ordering through mail is a somewhat lengthier and less elegant process than online, but due to my personal hang-ups with PayPal, it's currently the only option available to me. If I didn't order by mail, I'd end up not ordering the books at all, and that wouldn't make anyone happy. Besides, it's not like I'm in a rush. Volume 1 isn't out yet, and I'm perfectly willing to wait on volume 0 and get them both at the same time.